Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:57 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,691 times

Advertisements

^ most of the agricultural land is not used to feed californians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 05:03 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
^ most of the agricultural land is not used to feed californians.
Of course the products grown in CA are not grown solely for CA residents. The point is that the bigger the population the more agricultural land is needed in order to grow food to feed everybody. We currently allow 1 million legal immigrants into this country on an annual basis---add to that non-immigrant visa holders and illegal aliens. All these people need both water and food.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I totally agree. Calif. is a very liberal state however and the bleeding hearts and those who profit from them simply don't care.

Ahhhhhhhh your so right. Calif is a very liberal State, and yes the bleeding hearts who do profit that simply do not give a damn.

The idiots running it, not sure about them either. Thought about leaving, but I do not believe there is another state that has the good weather that we have. Drought and all.

And each State has it's good and it's very bad.

I been thru most every State except a couple. I will stay where I am. Like I said, I saw crap cities, and saw fantastic cities, nice people, and smug people, are people no matter where they live.

Now those who run the States, is a different story.

No rocket scientist needed to know that the illegal invaders who live here in this State, with all the family they have, have to consume more water then they are suppose too. Do not believe they care about our drought. Go Home.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It's more like 16 million people. Are you telling me all, or even most, of the population growth is due to illegal immigration? Interestingly, Canada had almost identical population as California in 1976 as well as 2014. Same population growth, yet there are barely any illegal aliens from Mexico in Canada, I am told.

Mick
Think about it. Most illegals are latino. They start having kids in their teens or early 20s and have 3 or4 kids. After 20 years, 2 people, becomes 8....next is 16. Then they "invite" their relative that do the same. The kids aren't illegal, because they are anchor babies, but population growth is huge regardless. So yes, you are right. Illegals aren't the biggest problem. We need to deport the children too.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:34 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
I so wish I could find online the summary results of a study done by SANDAG (the San Diego County MPO)that was done on "the day without immigrants" protest staged many years back. The results I recall were sickening as to the impact of daily imigrants south of the border. The quality of life for San Diegans was so much substantially higher that day, the protest was never held again. Some things I recall from my very bad memory: Traffic dropped to 1974 levels (it was what 2004?), automobile pollution dropped 35% (II's are not required to smog their cars and Brown has ordered the smog board to not follow up on gross polluter hotline calls for cars with Mexican plates and II's cars were on average 15 years older than American owned vehichles) SANDAG said based on traffic counts that the could cancel BILLIONS of road and mass transit inprovements (II's did not carpool, natives did). The "day without immigrants" was literally nirvana here, a commute that was taking me 45 mins, Ramona to Mission Valley took 20 mins.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:43 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Think about it. Most illegals are latino. They start having kids in their teens or early 20s and have 3 or4 kids. After 20 years, 2 people, becomes 8....next is 16. Then they "invite" their relative that do the same. The kids aren't illegal, because they are anchor babies, but population growth is huge regardless. So yes, you are right. Illegals aren't the biggest problem. We need to deport the children too.
Unfortunately, due to this "practice" of deeming their U.S. born kids as citizens they can't be deported until that law is cleared up about that. But what parents in their right minds would leave their minor children behind if they are deported? Only a heartless parent would do that. This daisy chain of family reunifications on our soil has got to stop to. One shouldn't be able to migrate here simply because they are related to a U.S. citizen. We should only be accepting immigrants that we have jobs and resources for and that will benefit us rather than burden us. We need to keep diversity and population growth in mind also.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:34 PM

600 posts, read 1,028,034 times
The human body is at least 60% water, so that means more people, more water.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:02 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Good commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inzCQK3vhVs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration