Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 01:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Crimes vary in degrees of severity. Since illegally entering the country is a nonviolent misdemeanor, it can be said many of the violators are probably good people.
1st time caught and deported: misdemeanor, 2nd time it's a felony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 03:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
People who have not been hurt or negatively impacted by illegals find it easy to make it excuses and to minimize the impact of illegals. They will even offer dire warnings about how impossible it will be for us to exist without illegals. The reality is that illegals are a net loss for the nation and that there are thousands of victims of illegals, likely millions. Every construction laborer who was displaced by illegals low balling wages is a victim. Every legal citizen who has been forced to pay high healthcare costs has helped to shoulder the burden of illegals. Every citizen that pays school taxes, taxes used to pay tutors for the children of illegals is a victim. Yes you will hear some people say that citizens are more likely to commit crime. That of course is a straw man argument at best. The fact is that every victim of a violent crime committed by an illegal most likely wouldn't be a victim. What I find appalling is the arrogance, the absolute entitlement mentality, that illegals have, and demand special treatment.
They make excuses that our system is unfair, or that it is too difficult. As if it is their right to impose themselves and their burden upon our great nation. The people on the left attempt to guilt the rest of us into believing that we owe illegals. They bring up ancient history, as if that in any way justifies the actions of illegals.
We are told that the fix is too complex, to painful, to heartless.
The fix isn't really complex, nor overly expensive. Not when you compare it to the actual cost illegals put upon us. Pass and enforce employment laws. Take the ability to work here, away from them and they will leave. Make E-verify 100% mandatory no matter the size of the company. Make the penalties such that they far out weigh the potential gains.
We don't owe illegals a damn thing, not consideration, not compassion and certainly not a free pass. We owe our citizens these things.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:03 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
There's always minorities that tend to side with extreme conservatives. I'm not surprised you ran across some. I actually have a friend who's a black Republican that goes to Tea Party rallies. Our political conversations are quite interesting.

It is low skilled workers, who are disproportionately black and hispanic, being harmed by illegal immigrants. If it was not for the votes the natural position of liberals should be for strong enforcement of immigration laws.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:46 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
1st time caught and deported: misdemeanor, 2nd time it's a felony.
You are correct..

Old 08-24-2015, 04:51 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It is low skilled workers, who are disproportionately black and hispanic, being harmed by illegal immigrants. If it was not for the votes the natural position of liberals should be for strong enforcement of immigration laws.
And this is where I disagree with you and others who claim the same thing. Whites used to make up the vast majority of construction laborers. But now they have been displaced. Driving by any construction location in California will paint this picture. Some blacks have been displaced, but many more whites have been displaced as well. So before you ask what blacks are going to do about this, you need to ask what am I doing about it... Both political parties have allowed the current state of things to exist...

Old 08-24-2015, 05:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Anti-Immigration, or anti-Illegal "immigration," which is not immigration at all, but illegal entry.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Anti-Immigration, or anti-Illegal "immigration," which is not immigration at all, but illegal entry.
The illegal alien fans like to blur the difference between legal and illegal.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:52 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
And this is where I disagree with you and others who claim the same thing. Whites used to make up the vast majority of construction laborers. But now they have been displaced. Driving by any construction location in California will paint this picture. Some blacks have been displaced, but many more whites have been displaced as well. So before you ask what blacks are going to do about this, you need to ask what am I doing about it... Both political parties have allowed the current state of things to exist...
Disagree all you like, you're still wrong. You should try leaving LA every once in a while, you might be shocked at what you learn.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:55 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
I grew up in Los Angeles around many illegal immigrants, so there is no need to try and convince me that every illegal is a bad person. I know this isn’t true! There are some that are pieces of crap that commit violent & property crimes while others are hardworking people just seeking a better life. Again, someone’s worth should be judged based solely off of them and not a stereotype created to undervalue their entire group. Have illegal immigrants committed a crime? YES! Are they all bad people? NO! I was in elementary school when the conservative supported Proposition 187 kicked in. I’ve seen children that I used to play with not show up to school because of this. They were children, not bad people!

So tell me this Taratova, what type of personal experience have you had [from Florida & NJ] that has convinced you that all illegals are bad people and that they hate legals? Be honest now… And I don’t need a WIKI link to substitute actual experience & knowledge.
Who said anything about hate? Tell me that?.. you are another one who call people haters, so calling people haters is what is important to you.. I call it being fair.... I am saying I know many who do not want to be a citizen, they also tell me that they have it good here because of all the benefits they can get that Americans can't get .. guess what , that gravy train will stop.. and it may be that all those social programs will disappear as they are cut and cut and the American people who are legal will suffer ..

So tell me Shabazz, do you think it is right to invite 20 illegal people at your dinner table and leave you kids hungry even if they are good people? That is exactly what WILL happen if this continues...

I remember at a local lumber yard that hired illegals.. they were asked if they wanted to pay for their family to have health insurance.. all the other guys , who happened to be whites and the same amount of employees who were black had there paychecks docked for medical coverage..

The five illegals refused, saying we don't need insurance. We have a card, and we also get heat vouchers..telling the other guys in the yard.. that is in NJ..

plus since they worked for $18 an hour as they were not employed as long as the other guys who had seniority for overtime.. all the men would go home, but the illegals would disappear for a short while and come back to get the overtime.. they didn't have seniority but was given the overtime because they were at a smaller pay scale.. this was found out when someone drove by, then the word got out.. which this was happening for some time.. they wondered why they didn't get any OT anymore.. so yes, I know about many situations ..
Their girlfriends , their other meal ticket had the babies and got the perks.. they talk , they are opened about it.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Who said anything about hate? Tell me that?.. you are another one who call people haters, so calling people haters is what is important to you.. I call it being fair.... I am saying I know many who do not want to be a citizen, they also tell me that they have it good here because of all the benefits they can get that Americans can't get .. guess what , that gravy train will stop.. and it may be that all those social programs will disappear as they are cut and cut and the American people who are legal will suffer ..

So tell me Shabazz, do you think it is right to invite 20 illegal people at your dinner table and leave you kids hungry even if they are good people? That is exactly what WILL happen if this continues...

I remember at a local lumber yard that hired illegals.. they were asked if they wanted to pay for their family to have health insurance.. all the other guys , who happened to be whites and the same amount of employees who were black had there paychecks docked for medical coverage..

The five illegals refused, saying we don't need insurance. We have a card, and we also get heat vouchers..telling the other guys in the yard.. that is in NJ..

plus since they worked for $18 an hour as they were not employed as long as the other guys who had seniority for overtime.. all the men would go home, but the illegals would disappear for a short while and come back to get the overtime.. they didn't have seniority but was given the overtime because they were at a smaller pay scale.. this was found out when someone drove by, then the word got out.. which this was happening for some time.. they wondered why they didn't get any OT anymore.. so yes, I know about many situations ..
Their girlfriends , their other meal ticket had the babies and got the perks.. they talk , they are opened about it.
Illegal aliens are liars and cheats and try to pull the "race card" when put in their place, even illegals who are straight up "white" from Europe or LatAm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration