U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:00 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
Immigration is the new abortion and gay rights. It is a non-issue in a country with much more important issues to resolve:??

You are mistaken -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Immigration is the new abortion and gay rights. It is a non-issue in a country with much more important issues to resolve: a war and all of the spending that goes with it, a corrupt political system,health care,poverty, failing schools, crumbling infrastructure, and the economy. It's a lot easier for politicians to talk about immigration or gay marrriage or abortion. I am so sick of it. Billions of dollars in Iraq and now it is becoming accepted. When will the madness end????
I agree. I don't know any rational American who looks a illegal immigration as anything but a "plus". Illegal immigration is the backbone upon which our economy is built.

A bunch of my friends and I are going to get together soon and try to TRIPLE illegal immigration. WE figure, if illegal immigration is GOOD, more will be even BETTER. Triple the number. we figure, and pretty soon we'll all be RICH.

Some of us are also working on a program to soften the stance of business owners toward shoplifters. After all, shoplifters are really a COMPLIMENT to any business owner. If they didn't think you had pretty "neat" stuff, they wouldn't 'take' it. And they really ARE customers, in the strictest sense of the word---customers who skip the 'paying' part of the traditional transaction. But they do "move merchandise out the door"--and isn't that what 'being in business' is all about?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I agree. I don't know any rational American who looks a illegal immigration as anything but a "plus". Illegal immigration is the backbone upon which our economy is built.
I trust you are attempting to be funny.

If you are not however, may I suggest you come to Arizona for a week or two? You will find many "rational" Americans who object to illegal immigration and the adverse issues illegal immigration creates

Old 01-20-2008, 11:20 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I trust you are attempting to be funny.

If you are not however, may I suggest you come to Arizona for a week or two? You will find many "rational" Americans who object to illegal immigration and the adverse issues illegal immigration creates
You 'got me'---I WAS trying to be funny--(apparently without succeeding). I'm really NOT a fan of illegal immigration, NOR of shoplifting....sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:21 AM

4,180 posts, read 12,760,604 times
Okay, okay--I hit a nerve here. I apologize. I do think illegals are a concern and should be addressed. I agree. But, I think that war in Iraq and the insane spending that goes with it is our number one concern as a nation to resolve. That war and all that spending just get me really angry and I needed to vent.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:21 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,920,693 times
Quote:

A bunch of my friends and I are going to get together soon and try to TRIPLE illegal immigration. WE figure, if illegal immigration is GOOD, more will be even BETTER. Triple the number. we figure, and pretty soon we'll all be RICH.

Some of us are also working on a program to soften the stance of business owners toward shoplifters. After all, shoplifters are really a COMPLIMENT to any business owner. If they didn't think you had pretty "neat" stuff, they wouldn't 'take' it. And they really ARE customers, in the strictest sense of the word---customers who skip the 'paying' part of the traditional transaction. But they do "move merchandise out the door"--and isn't that what 'being in business' is all about?
TOO FUNNY!

ohh.. don't forget to show the illegals where the welfare office and the hospital is.. sorry, got that backwards.. show them the hospital first.. then after they pop that baby out.. then show'em the welfare office!

Old 01-20-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Okay, okay--I hit a nerve here. I apologize. I do think illegals are a concern and should be addressed. I agree. But, I think that war in Iraq and the insane spending that goes with it is our number one concern as a nation to resolve. That war and all that spending just get me really angry and I needed to vent.
The war is actually number 2 concern with Americans in recent polls

Old 01-20-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
You 'got me'---I WAS trying to be funny--(apparently without succeeding). I'm really NOT a fan of illegal immigration, NOR of shoplifting....sorry for the misunderstanding.
No problem - I thought you were but, I wanted to make .... SURE!

Old 01-20-2008, 11:25 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Quote:
So, you disagree with your own claim that (illegal) immigration is a non-issue?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:25 AM

4,180 posts, read 12,760,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The war is actually number 2 concern with Americans in recent polls

I know that. That is what angers me. The fact that this has become the number one issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration