U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Nope - the 6 Billion goes towards services to ILLEGALS - PERIOD.

AND, it has nothing to do with the War because - the money mentioned is all STATE TAX DOLLARS - No Federal

Sorry - the war has nothing to do with this issue whatsoever
Which services? Can you enumerate them? I have seen the reports, 90% of that money goes to educating illegals, and many of those so-called reports have been known to include legal children born from illegal parents, which would unfairly exaggerate the number.

Monetarily it doesn't have anything to do with the war, that not what I said.

Here is what I stated:
"Anyways, immigration pales in comparison to the war(s), healthcare and the economy."

Let me restate:

"Anyways, the immigration issue pales in comparison to the war(s), healthcare and the economy."

The proof is in the polls! Nobody is buying your evil demise of America by the Mexicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 03:38 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Which services? Can you enumerate them? I have seen the reports, 90% of that money goes to educating illegals, and many of those so-called reports have been known to include legal children born from illegal parents, which would obviously exaggerate the number.

Here is what I stated:
"Anyways, immigration pales in comparison to the war(s), healthcare and the economy."

Let me restate:

Anyways, the immigration issue pales in comparison to the war(s), healthcare and the economy.
Please - the State of California does not spend 6 billion on education statewide for all the kids..

I gave you some items: Housing, Food, Utilities, Heathcare, education, transportation, judicial incarcerations.

The 6 Billion figure does not include services to legal immigrants or anchor babies.

There is no comparison to be made between the war and cost expended by the citizens of the state of california for illegals. That is Apples and Oranges (but is often times used by liberals to deflect the argument away from Illegal immigration)

BTW, in the State of Arizona, for 2006 (2007 numbers not yet released), the taxpapers of AZ spent 1.3 Billion dollars for services for / to illegal immigrants.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:49 PM

Polls speak louder than those on this forum.

All the immigration hard-liners are out, sorry to disappoint you but America is saying there are bigger things to worry about than Mexicans.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:

All the immigration hard-liners are out, sorry to disappoint you but America is saying there are bigger things to worry about than Mexicans.
Sorry but, Illegal immigration has been high on the voters lists in the primary states -

Please note - I did not say number one on the list - but usually in the top 5

And, who said that those opposed to illegal immigration are only talking about "Mexicans"?? Are you a bigot? I'm not.

Illegal immigration and illegal immigrants come from every part of the globe.

Perhaps you had not heard that

Old 01-20-2008, 03:54 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:

The recession is about to hit the fan.

The American people are also under the illusion that millions of impoverished Mexicans have come here and built us a fine economy. They believed Bush when he told them illegals benefit the economy.

Many people don't realize what the stock market was doing on Thursday and Friday either -- and many people don't realize what's on the horizon.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sorry but, Illegal immigration has been high on the voters lists in the primary states -

Please note - I did not say number one on the list - but usually in the top 5

And, who said that those opposed to illegal immigration are only talking about "Mexicans"?? Are you a bigot? I'm not.

Illegal immigration and illegal immigrants come from every part of the globe.

Perhaps you had not heard that
Would never know that by reading this forum.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The recession is about to hit the fan.

The American people are also under the illusion that millions of impoverished Mexicans have come here and built us a fine economy. They believed Bush when he told them illegals benefit the economy.

Many people don't realize what the stock market was doing on Thursday and Friday either -- and many people don't realize what's on the horizon.
Blaming the Mexicans for the recession now? Geez.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:01 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Irrelevant: when the unemployment rate climbs; the 'low hanging fruit' i.e. illegal immigrants will be the first to go-------they have as much legal recourse as any other lawbreaker.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Would never know that by reading this forum.

Yes I would.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:04 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:

I blame the recession on globalism -- NAFTA and the sending of American jobs over to China. And that all we replaced a solid manufacturing industry with was consumerism with easy credit and a housing industry.

The housing industry was where big hefty profits were made -- it was propped up by subprime mortgages and easy credit. And many became very rich by bringing in illegal builders to build cheap but overly expensive houses. Many of these houses will be in need of big repairs within 8-10 years.

And with the collapse of the housing industry -- where are all the jobs for the 30 million illegals living here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration