Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 05:20 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times

Advertisements

California deserves nothing more. It has always been a haven for leftist. Let them figure it out. I do feel for the few people there that still have paychecks that are paying for this. The U.K is getting fed up and I can only hope we see some revolting soon. Otherwise we will all be equally poor. But then I think that is the goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 05:25 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
To be fair, supposedly they cannot implement this law without a federal waiver, obviously getting that waiver from the executive branch will be very telling.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:50 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
This is insane. If the feds allow this and the largest state in the union implements it, expect pro-illegal forces to push it in other states. More illegals will be incentivized to come here and more middle and working class Americans will be gouged.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:56 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Critics of the measure like Joe Guzzardi of Californians For Population Stabilization, or CAPS, argue that besides being an immense burden on an already strained Medi-Cal service, the measure "would certainly incentivize more illegal immigrants to come here, and that is something that California at this point does not need." EFE

Healthcare bill for the undocumented in California goes forward | Fox News Latino

I'm at a loss of words over this despicable BS.

Unless talking about emergency care; deport those illegal aliens on sight. But those illegals getting treatment still need to be locked up. Period.
Deport yes, lock up no - that just costs more in taxpayer dollars and occupies police time dealing.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:05 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
It's hard to believe that financially strapped CA, of all places, would see the wisdom in this nonsensical bill.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:40 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Funny how some are more worried about illegals who shouldn't even be in this country over citizens who were born and raised here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
This is insane. If the feds allow this and the largest state in the union implements it, expect pro-illegal forces to push it in other states. More illegals will be incentivized to come here and more middle and working class Americans will be gouged.
I'm not saying where I live because I don't want illegals moving here from California. We're overloaded with them anyway. (Sorry Oldglory & Annie & other Californians) but, illegals have always received free medical care here. I didn't know they didn't in California. That's strange because I know for a fact they pay for illegals organ transplants 100% and aftercare for the rest of their lives in CA. They get sent to the top of the organ transplant list! As a matter of fact, if they say they are illegal, that's all they have to say, and they get their medical services all paid for. I know that doesn't make a bit of sense, but what does, when it comes to the pandering of illegals. I guess that's what really stumps me when someone says "Illegals don't get this or that benefit." They get every single benefit there is!

Check this out:
A 4th Transplant -
"Late last month Puente learned of another, little-known option for patients with certain healthcare needs. If she notified US Citizenship and Immigration Services that she was in the country illegally, state health officials might grant her full coverage through Medi-Cal, the state health services assistance program for the poor. Puente did so, her benefits were restored, and she is awaiting a fourth transplant at UCLA."

"Puente's case highlights two controversial issues: Should illegal immigrants receive liver transplants in the United States and should taxpayers pick up the cost? The average cost of a liver transplant and first-year follow-up is nearly $490,000, according to the United Network for Organ Sharing. Donor livers are in scarce supply. In California, nearly 3,700 people are on a waiting list for livers, according to the network."

Larry Gonzalez, a US citizen who has hepatitis C, has known for a decade that he needs a new liver but was placed on the transplant waiting list only last week.
"Why do we have to get in line behind immigrants, foreigners, when we have enough people here to fill the hospitals?" said Gonzalez, 54, who lives in Ventura.
But Dr. Michael Shapiro, vice chairman of the ethics committee for the organ sharing network, said "illegal immigrants have just as much right to receive organ transplants as US citizens."State health officials said California law is designed so there is no gap in coverage, so children move seamlessly from state-funded treatment to county care.

From my experience in volunteering to help all people assimilate into the US, this following paragraph by the illegal is what jaded me, and why I quit, and why they can't keep anyone else. They were so entitled and would start demanding they get this and that, and get mad for not getting what they wanted immediately.
"It doesn't matter if I'm undocumented," Puente said. "They should take care of me at UCLA for the rest of my life because I've been there since I was a baby."

Old 06-30-2015, 08:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
To be fair, supposedly they cannot implement this law without a federal waiver, obviously getting that waiver from the executive branch will be very telling.
Sure they can. All they have to do is say that state money will be used for it.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:40 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I'm not saying where I live because I don't want illegals moving here from California. We're overloaded with them anyway. (Sorry Oldglory & Annie & other Californians) but, illegals have always received free medical care here. I didn't know they didn't in California. That's strange because I know for a fact they pay for illegals organ transplants 100% and aftercare for the rest of their lives in CA. They get sent to the top of the organ transplant list! As a matter of fact, if they say they are illegal, that's all they have to say, and they get their medical services all paid for. I know that doesn't make a bit of sense, but what does, when it comes to the pandering of illegals. I guess that's what really stumps me when someone says "Illegals don't get this or that benefit." They get every single benefit there is!

Check this out:
A 4th Transplant -
"Late last month Puente learned of another, little-known option for patients with certain healthcare needs. If she notified US Citizenship and Immigration Services that she was in the country illegally, state health officials might grant her full coverage through Medi-Cal, the state health services assistance program for the poor. Puente did so, her benefits were restored, and she is awaiting a fourth transplant at UCLA."

"Puente's case highlights two controversial issues: Should illegal immigrants receive liver transplants in the United States and should taxpayers pick up the cost? The average cost of a liver transplant and first-year follow-up is nearly $490,000, according to the United Network for Organ Sharing. Donor livers are in scarce supply. In California, nearly 3,700 people are on a waiting list for livers, according to the network."

Larry Gonzalez, a US citizen who has hepatitis C, has known for a decade that he needs a new liver but was placed on the transplant waiting list only last week.
"Why do we have to get in line behind immigrants, foreigners, when we have enough people here to fill the hospitals?" said Gonzalez, 54, who lives in Ventura.
But Dr. Michael Shapiro, vice chairman of the ethics committee for the organ sharing network, said "illegal immigrants have just as much right to receive organ transplants as US citizens."State health officials said California law is designed so there is no gap in coverage, so children move seamlessly from state-funded treatment to county care.

From my experience in volunteering to help all people assimilate into the US, this following paragraph by the illegal is what jaded me, and why I quit, and why they can't keep anyone else. They were so entitled and would start demanding they get this and that, and get mad for not getting what they wanted immediately.
"It doesn't matter if I'm undocumented," Puente said. "They should take care of me at UCLA for the rest of my life because I've been there since I was a baby."
No, Puente you're not undocumented you are an illegal alien. You should be sent back to your nation of origin and let them take care of you and your medical bills. You are not the responsibility of the U.S. nor the U.S. taxpayer.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:35 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Why do illegals think they have the sane right as anyone else to our healthcare, welfare or anything else? They don't.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:23 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Why do illegals think they have the sane right as anyone else to our healthcare, welfare or anything else? They don't.
They think they should get more rights than we do, and they do. Remember, some illegal kids who couldn't even speak English got a principal fired because she suggested they learn to speak English. Just suggested it! It's like they can't take care of themselves, but everything must go their way, or by golly, they'll have a hunger strike. It's like we're their slaves, and that's just how Obama wants it. There are so many loopholes that work to their advantage. Like illegals being able to retire on our SS money, without ever working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration