U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would MLK support illegal immigration?
Yes, he would be pro illegal immigration. 13 37.14%
No, He would be anti-illegal immigration 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
We are not anti immigrant, just anti illegal, there is a difference.
All i'm saying is if someone supports some legalization for some undocumented doesn't mean they are pro illegal immigration just as you say you are not anti immigrant but anti illegal. The options given in the poll implies that even if you want the borders closed off and illegal immigration stopped and supporting legalization for some undocumented makes one pro illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
All i'm saying is if someone supports some legalization for some undocumented doesn't mean they are pro illegal immigration just as you say you are not anti immigrant but anti illegal. The options given in the poll implies that even if you want the borders closed off and illegal immigration stopped and supporting legalization for some undocumented makes one pro illegal immigration.
The only "thing" I, and millions of other Americans support is, for those here in this country to return to their countries of origin and then, let them apply to enter the United States legally.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
When someone fights every argument with you are anti immigrant, or racist or bigot, yea it makes you pro illegal. And they dont deserve legalization. they are no better than those that waited the right way. And they are no better than my family which faced death to get here legally. So why should they be given the right to become a citizen when they do not respect our countries laws or people?

Old 01-21-2008, 10:40 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The only "thing" I, and millions of other Americans support is, for those here in this country to return to their countries of origin and then, let them apply to enter the United States legally.
Exactly. They are not better than those who have been waiting the right way for years. Back of the line people.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:43 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Exactly. They are not better than those who have been waiting the right way for years. Back of the line people.
IMO, if those here Illegally were allowed to stay and get residency, it would completely demean those immigrants who did it legally - it would, in effect, penalize those who chose to obey our laws.

I, for one, will not demean those efforts -

Old 01-21-2008, 01:11 PM

23,001 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Btw, what about the option of pro legalization? Being pro legalization doesn't necessarily mean you are pro- illegal immigration. I don't think you would appreciate it if someone called an anti-illegal anti-immigrant.
look, i really don't care what name pro-illegals or pro-legalizers want to call themselves. All I care is that if the pro-illegals get their way they will have just the same amount of blame as the illegals themselves of letting our country be damaged beyond repair by this illegal immigrant invasion.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Frankly, who cares?

And, it would anyones guess because MLK is dead and no one can ask him!

You should have had a third choice - "I don't know"
Yea.. I agree.. who cares? He was a civil rights figure. There is no argument because quite frankly, illegals have no rights. Per say..

Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
IMO, if those here Illegally were allowed to stay and get residency, it would completely demean those immigrants who did it legally - it would, in effect, penalize those who chose to obey our laws.

I, for one, will not demean those efforts -
Exactly.

Those who have been waiting patiently and have completed their paper work and all that --- trying to respect our laws should have second dibs for the jobs vacated by the lawbreakers -- right after American citizens.

Why should law-abiders be shut out --- because if amnesty is given and the big family chain migration gets rolling big-time, there will be no need for the other legal immigrants for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or