U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:02 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Reputation: 3010

Advertisements

The Miami Herald?

Sure, I'd believe statistics from a newspaper that has been accused by both political parties as well as neutral organizations of skewing election numbers to achieve their own agenda......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:05 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
For someone who is quick to use "uneducated trailer-trash ignorant Forrest Gump hillbilly" rhetoric, your posts often lack grammatical accuracy.

Immigration issue fades as key issue? A bit redundant, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,812 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
For someone who is quick to use "uneducated trailer-trash ignorant Forrest Gump hillbilly" rhetoric, your posts often lack grammatical accuracy.

Immigration issue fades as key issue? A bit redundant, no?
Well, you know that he and people like him think they are special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
For someone who is quick to use "uneducated trailer-trash ignorant Forrest Gump hillbilly" rhetoric, your posts often lack grammatical accuracy.

Immigration issue fades as key issue? A bit redundant, no?
Okay, why don't you take it up with the newspaper? Afterall it's their title. Also ,Get your facts right before you start accusing me of calling anyone on here uneducated trailer trash hillbilly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:21 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Okay, why don't you take it up with the newspaper? Afterall it's their title. Also ,Get your facts right before you start accusing me of calling anyone on here uneducated trailer trash hillbilly.


Now, now, blacknight.

I didn't accuse you of calling anyone here anything, did I?

Your posts do smack of elitism. That's all I'm saying. Before you criticize others' intelligence with perjoratives, it's wise to have your own house in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post


Now, now, blacknight.

I didn't accuse you of calling anyone here anything, did I?

Your posts do smack of elitism. That's all I'm saying. Before you criticize others' intelligence with perjoratives, it's wise to have your own house in order.
Because i don't agree with your point of view doesn't make me elite in anyway. Hope you write a nice long letter to the herald for their "idiotic and stupid" title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:31 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times
Reputation: 393
I know why.. I AM anti-illegal.. and I know why many who post on here are anti-illegal as well..
It's because of the loss of jobs to Americans, It's the BILLIONS of American tax dollars that is spent each and every year to support these illegals.. who are breaking the law being here in the first place! Then there is the illegals who commit violent crimes against Americans, then top it all off with the fact we still have to pay for the kids they are having here.. then count all the amnesty-illegals.. to me they are still illegals, and then add ALL thier kids!
To give amnesty to another 10/20 million will add a few more trillion tax dollars paid to illegals.. So we know why WE are anit-illegal..
I want to know WHY some who post on here are sooo in love with the illegals? They are so willing to just let them in.. so willing to let them infest America... so willing to let them parade in OUR streets, yelling fu Americans while holding a mexican flag. I want to know why they are soo in love with the illegals? So tell us.. tell us all who are anit-illegal!
So all you pro-illegals stand up.. without mixing your words, without twisting everything around.. stand up and tell us all which of these catagories do you fall-in:
And when you say none.. tell us all why.. what else reason do you have to love illegals? if you have the cahonies!

mexican yourself?
an anchor baby yourself?
married an illegal?
sneaked over, then years afterward became legal?
works or volunteers for some kind of mexican advocate group?
a politician of some sort?
an illegal yourself?
own a business that has/have illegals working for cheap labor?

SO WHICH CATAGORY?

and BTW: I am, and many other anti-illegal Americans are all for LEGAL-IMMIGRATION.. which DOESN'T mean.. sneak over FIRST.. then apply later!
It means.. Go Thru The Legal and Proper Channels PRIOR to crossing OUR borders!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:32 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Because i don't agree with your point of view doesn't make me elite in anyway. Hope you write a nice long letter to the herald for their "idiotic and stupid" title.
I didn't say you were elite. I said your posts smack of elitism. Two very different claims.

I didn't say the title was idiotic and stupid. I said it was redundant.

Clear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Anymore; I do not take pro illegal sympathizers very seriously.

Especially with the US economy showing signs of a severe recession---------that would be enough to have the government start really deporting illegal immigrants en masse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
I want to know WHY some who post on here are sooo in love with the illegals?
Bleeding-heart: Someone who is excessively sympathetic toward those who claim to be exploited or underprivileged.

bleeding heart - Psychology Dictionary and Research Guide

I'm sure there is psychology behind the mindset, but I'm unqualified to venture a guess. (Speculating would be fun, though. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top