U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:32 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I think that statement can go both ways, it can be used towards anti-illegals as well. "Life is mean spirited. Grow up. Get over it."
Uh...no.

The anti-illegal argument is not a fallacious appeal to emotion. Our argument is on solid ground.

Saying a law is "mean spirited" is a childish appeal to emotion. The words "mean spirited" tell us nothing. Indeed, a law that is put into place because the federal government does not enforce its own laws is a profound waste of time and other resources. Furthermore, any and all laws are "mean spirited" toward someone. Like all those poor alcoholics who are prohibited from driving. Why do you hate alcoholics, anyway? Remember, alcoholics are human beings. They're only trying to feed their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 02:09 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Uh...no.

The anti-illegal argument is not a fallacious appeal to emotion. Our argument is on solid ground.

Saying a law is "mean spirited" is a childish appeal to emotion. The words "mean spirited" tell us nothing. Indeed, a law that is put into place because the federal government does not enforce its own laws is a profound waste of time and other resources. Furthermore, any and all laws are "mean spirited" toward someone. Like all those poor alcoholics who are prohibited from driving. Why do you hate alcoholics, anyway? Remember, alcoholics are human beings. They're only trying to feed their families.
I'm referring to the lower middle class Americans saying that the illegals are stealing their jobs. "Life is mean spirited, deal with it."

Old 01-24-2008, 02:23 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
I'm referring to the lower middle class Americans saying that the illegals are stealing their jobs. "Life is mean spirited, deal with it."
Nope, now if we lost our job to another American, yep you could say that. But illegals, no I can say they need to get the hell out, they want mean I will show them mean.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:11 PM

902 posts, read 505,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Nope, now if we lost our job to another American, yep you could say that. But illegals, no I can say they need to get the hell out, they want mean I will show them mean.
The most mean spirited people are those that think illegals are just ok for our country and they seem to show utter disrespect for the citizens of this country.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:22 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
if all the pro illegals on here were not mexican or anchor babies themselves.. we wouldn't even be having to clarify how bad the illegals are hurting Americans....

Old 01-24-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
if all the pro illegals on here were not mexican or anchor babies themselves.. we wouldn't even be having to clarify how bad the illegals are hurting Americans....
I really can't understand why it is that they hate our country as they do, especially since they get all they get from us.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:26 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
I really can't understand why it is that they hate our country as they do, especially since they get all they get from us.
The word 'ungrateful' comes to mind-------those naturalized American citizens who had to jump through hoops are truly appreciative of living here in the USA.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The word 'ungrateful' comes to mind-------those naturalized American citizens who had to jump through hoops are truly appreciative of living here in the USA.
Yes, most certainly are.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Quote:
That's what they're already told, by corrupt politicians funded by big business, bleeding heart liberals, and pro-illegals who feel that if someone lost their job to an illegal, they were to stupid and uneducated to deserve that job in the first place. What sickens me about all these people saying such things, who are American citizens, they feel that only uneducated Mexican ILLEGALS deserve to support and feed their families, but not the uneducated class of AMERICANS. Illegal Mexicans come first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or