Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:35 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
They just do the job, no attention to detail. My husbands side job is fixing their mistakes. Let's just say, he could make a full time job out of it. You would think after doing it over and over they would get it, but they just do not care about the job just the pay.
Wow, was not aware it was that bad. I guess the home builders are too concerned with profits to even care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 03:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
They just do the job, no attention to detail. My husbands side job is fixing their mistakes. Let's just say, he could make a full time job out of it. You would think after doing it over and over they would get it, but they just do not care about the job just the pay.
I want to be fair here too.

As we complete our new home, we are going to be applying interior texture (I'm going to mistate this a little I think) that mimics the same type of interior lathe work as in central Mexico. Our home is in a "Hacienda" style. We have contracted with a Mexican mortar worker, who will be coming here to AZ, to do the work. We are sponsoring him - he is a craftsman in the finest sense of the word. Attention to detail is what this man is made of.

So, I'd like to make sure that we understand there are many from Mexico who Do pay attention to detail!

Just my 2 cents

Old 01-23-2008, 06:51 AM

902 posts, read 717,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

As we complete our new home, we are going to be applying interior texture (I'm going to mistate this a little I think) that mimics the same type of interior lathe work as in central Mexico. Our home is in a "Hacienda" style. We have contracted with a Mexican mortar worker, who will be coming here to AZ, to do the work. We are sponsoring him - he is a craftsman in the finest sense of the word. Attention to detail is what this man is made of.

So, I'd like to make sure that we understand there are many from Mexico who Do pay attention to detail!

Just my 2 cents
You are absolutely correct. I have said all along that it happens to be only illegals that do such shabby work and do not do quality work at all. There are some fine craftsmen in Mexico that do absolutely beautiful work.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:21 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Wow, was not aware it was that bad. I guess the home builders are too concerned with profits to even care.
Oh yea!! you can look online and several well known national builders are being sued by homeowners for defects. They have yet to realize if they hired the right people, the job would get done right. Do they actually think people running across the border have any idea how to put a home together the right way. They are told what to do and they do it,without attention to weather they are doing it right or not. Inspectors only inspect structure ( you know how many nails were used type stuff) they don't do what you think they do.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:23 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

Just my 2 cents
But thats not who we are talking about here. We are not talking about actual craftsman, yes there are some, but I find they tend to not run over the border they seems to do well there.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:29 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
You are absolutely correct. I have said all along that it happens to be only illegals that do such shabby work and do not do quality work at all. There are some fine craftsmen in Mexico that do absolutely beautiful work.
Come on now. I'm sure there are some illegals that actually take pride in their work and are quite skilled at their craft. To say they all do shabby work would be like saying all UAW employees are hard workers.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:00 PM

902 posts, read 717,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Come on now. I'm sure there are some illegals that actually take pride in their work and are quite skilled at their craft. To say they all do shabby work would be like saying all UAW employees are hard workers.
Think what you like but I have yet to see any work done properly by any iollegal.

Oh wait!!!! Yeah, they are able to cross the border fairly well, and without getting caught for the most part.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:47 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Think what you like but I have yet to see any work done properly by any iollegal.

Oh wait!!!! Yeah, they are able to cross the border fairly well, and without getting caught for the most part.

For the most part, you may be right. However, you cannot say that 100% of illegals do substandard work.

As far as them crossing the border, I'm with you on that. I live in S. Texas and its a big problem here as well. Send them all back I say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration