U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
The hiring of illegal immigrants far outweighs the negatives of letting them go. Americans enjoy incredibly reasonable prices in everything except for Gas. This is because the low labor wage keep prices down. This whole deal with illegal immigrants taking tax money is ludicrious if you think clearly, illegal immigrants receive a standard pay check with both state and federal taxes being taken out. The state loses money when the illegal workers are gone, and so do the taxes leave. Russell Pearce said there would be less crowding in schools, shorter emergency lines at hospitals, I mean those are minor optimistic outlooks in regards to the negative aspects of Arizona's law.
What a bunch of bull!!

Years ago when we had far fewer illegals here; the average American made more money factoring in inflation.

Wages for most Americans have stagnated since 1975.

As I commented on in another thread; so a bunch of 'Yuppies' will actually have to get their hands dirty instead of having illegals do their lawn care/nanny work? Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 01:27 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,449,015 times
Default chele, this would be an excellent rebuttal to Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Horrible damage? If there is that much damage to the OK economy by booting out illegals then the illegal alien invasion is even bigger than thought and must be dealt with immediately!! I'm sick and tired of hearing how important this group of criminals is to our economy. That's like saying we should not incarcerate burglars because they spend their ill-gotten gains in the community.
I couldn't get the link to work, but, if you can, you should send him this statement. NewsOK Mobile Synopsis is correct. No one cares about Kellys opinion. Thats all it is, his opinion. Just like we all have our own opinion. Thats why the segments he does are called "My 02 cents." Ooooh, everyones' going to listen to Kelly and change their mind. Not hardly.It's also his job to talk on a controversial topic. The next night, he would have read rebuttals on the air from both sides. I think this video was out Jan.09. People tell him he's a goof, crackpot, a sorry waste of 2 cents all the time. He takes it all in stride because he knows he's doing his job. Kelly Ogle being taken seriously? Thats the best laugh I've had all day.
raelynn, just because you see Mexicans in your community doesn't mean they are illegal. Wow, I could actually throw the race card back at someone. Obviously, you live in a Hispanic community.
I've only seen one article JesusisLord has posted, regarding this, and it was written by a Catholic priest. You can find pro illegal articles written all day long by Catholic priests and Hispanic leaders. And, just because Catholic priests are pro illegals ($$$$$) doesn't mean the congregation is. Most of them are not pro illegals.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:28 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What a bunch of bull!!

Years ago when we had far fewer illegals here; the average American made more money factoring in inflation.

Wages for most Americans have stagnated since 1975.

As I commented on in another thread; so a bunch of 'Yuppies' will actually have to get their hands dirty instead of having illegals do their lawn care/nanny work? Oh well.
And, don't talk to me about "higher costs" for fruit - the money that the companies saved by hiring illegals went into their own pockets. It never went into lower costs for consumers.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:30 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,062,712 times
Quote:
The hiring of illegal immigrants far outweighs the negatives of letting them go. Americans enjoy incredibly reasonable prices in everything except for Gas.
Have you heard of the housing bubble? Where are those cheap illegal built homes?
Quote:
This is because the low labor wage keep prices down.
Nope. Generally, supply and demand is the main factor in setting the price of consumer goods. Cutting costs is a factor in earning profit, not setting price.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:31 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,449,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I didn't watch the video but,The reporter should go interview an American family that has no job. Or has lost their job due to illegals.Sorry but many of our own citizens are hurting, what makes illegals more worthy?
This is the one I'm waiting to see Neal. We won't see it though. Or, people, even homeless Vets going hungry and sick because a lot of Vets can't get the medical care they need, and thats downright disgusting! I guess there's no funds left over for the Vets medical care because they have to take care of these illegals medical bills and the babies they have.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:42 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
Quote:
The hiring of illegal immigrants far outweighs the negatives of letting them go. Americans enjoy incredibly reasonable prices in everything except for Gas. This is because the low labor wage keep prices down. This whole deal with illegal immigrants taking tax money is ludicrious if you think clearly, illegal immigrants receive a standard pay check with both state and federal taxes being taken out. The state loses money when the illegal workers are gone, and so do the taxes leave. Russell Pearce said there would be less crowding in schools, shorter emergency lines at hospitals, I mean those are minor optimistic outlooks in regards to the negative aspects of Arizona's law.
Wow JIL so you are saying we should just abandon our immigration laws because they are counter productive to the economy. Amazing theory.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:57 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Quote:
Most illegals do not recieve a "standard paycheck". Many are paid cash - under the table

Local and state tax money is used to support illegals - billions of dollars that could be used to support and improve the lives of those in this country legally.

Sorry, you are, once again, wrong.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,062,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Wow JIL so you are saying we should just abandon our immigration laws because they are counter productive to the economy. Amazing theory.
Yes, but he's also saying that if we all agreed to work for free, prices would be held down, and we'd all live in a utopia! Wait a minute...there's that pesky "demand" side of the equation...how'd that get in here? *supply-siders run for cover*

Old 01-22-2008, 02:25 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yes, but he's also saying that if we all agreed to work for free, prices would be held down, and we'd all live in a utopia! Wait a minute...there's that pesky "demand" side of the equation...how'd that get in here? *supply-siders run for cover*
No such thing as a free lunch. When you cut corners to save money you always end up losing money in the long run. That is a fact in life. Illegals are as scarce as pink elephants where I live and so are gangs, over-crowded schools, over-population, grafitti, long lines at the emergency room, etc.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,698,771 times
[quote=High Springs Gator;2591115]No such thing as a free lunch. When you cut corners to save money you always end up losing money in the long run. That is a fact in life. Illegals are as scarce as pink elephants where I live and so are gangs, over-crowded schools, over-population, grafitti, long lines at the emergency room, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yea how do they explain that? Where I live now there are almost none in town. Kids work the "lower pay jobs" all high schoolers or retired folk looking for things to do. No school problems, no gang issues, hardly any crime. Yet where I moved from, totally opposite. Gangs, crime, illegals, kids not working, schools cutting programs for esl. How do illegal supporters explain that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or