U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
Reputation: 690

Advertisements

[quote=Nea1;2591182][quote=High Springs Gator;2591115]No such thing as a free lunch. When you cut corners to save money you always end up losing money in the long run. That is a fact in life. Illegals are as scarce as pink elephants where I live and so are gangs, over-crowded schools, over-population, grafitti, long lines at the emergency room, etc.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
How do illegal supporters explain that?
They dont explain it. Nor does the media. Illegal immigration is a cancer to the Sovereignty of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,183,306 times
Reputation: 357
Poor Oklahome businesses, they should be shut down for hiring them in the first place. Just another media hype with no backing.

I am with AB on this, we are finally waking up and people are sick of it and will force them out of their states.

No, the American people have seen and heard enough and will not allow any state to repeal any laws. Fact is, many states are lining up to join them.

It's what the majority of people want!

And no, its not our job to take care of them, let them steal our jobs, break our laws just because its better then in Central American... sheeesh
Do you get a chance if you breka the law? NO you dont.

Deportation faze is already begun, its what we want and we will get it.

Shut down any business as of this day that knowingly hire an illegal, shut them down for 6 months and fine them tons of money and fine the owners yet again personally. If people are saying they will go home if they cannot find work, then that is what we have to do.

DEPORT DEPORT DEPORT

Stand up for your rights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,346,735 times
Reputation: 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I couldn't get the link to work, but, if you can, you should send him this statement. NewsOK Mobile Synopsis is correct. No one cares about Kellys opinion. Thats all it is, his opinion. Just like we all have our own opinion. Thats why the segments he does are called "My 02 cents." Ooooh, everyones' going to listen to Kelly and change their mind. Not hardly.It's also his job to talk on a controversial topic. The next night, he would have read rebuttals on the air from both sides. I think this video was out Jan.09. People tell him he's a goof, crackpot, a sorry waste of 2 cents all the time. He takes it all in stride because he knows he's doing his job. Kelly Ogle being taken seriously? Thats the best laugh I've had all day.
raelynn, just because you see Mexicans in your community doesn't mean they are illegal. Wow, I could actually throw the race card back at someone. Obviously, you live in a Hispanic community.
I've only seen one article JesusisLord has posted, regarding this, and it was written by a Catholic priest. You can find pro illegal articles written all day long by Catholic priests and Hispanic leaders. And, just because Catholic priests are pro illegals ($$$$$) doesn't mean the congregation is. Most of them are not pro illegals.
I posted it! I'm glad nobody takes him serious, I'd hate to think OK would actually considering repealing effective legislation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
The hiring of illegal immigrants far outweighs the negatives of letting them go. Americans enjoy incredibly reasonable prices in everything except for Gas. This is because the low labor wage keep prices down. This whole deal with illegal immigrants taking tax money is ludicrious if you think clearly, illegal immigrants receive a standard pay check with both state and federal taxes being taken out. The state loses money when the illegal workers are gone, and so do the taxes leave. Russell Pearce said there would be less crowding in schools, shorter emergency lines at hospitals, I mean those are minor optimistic outlooks in regards to the negative aspects of Arizona's law.
How can you even say that with a straight face? There are nearly eight million unemployed Americans in the country right now. If you think that your prices are kept low because employers hire illegal aliens rather than legal American workers, well, I've got a some ocean front property right outside of Nashville, Tennessee that you should have a look at.

Any money employers are saving by hiring illegal aliens is going straight into their own pockets not yours.

This country is headed for a recession. We need to take care of our own, not a bunch of free loading, job stealing people from another country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 07:04 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
If you think that your prices are kept low because employers hire illegal aliens rather than legal American workers, well, I've got a some ocean front property right outside of Nashville, Tennessee that you should have a look at.
Let's see. I have a customer willing to pay me $500 for my services. I notice that I can save 20% by hiring a competing limo company to pick him up. Of course, when I meet him, I'm going to offer to split that savings...with the customer...who is overly content with paying me $500.

Yeah...right.

As you say, there's oceanfront property on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe (as soon as California sinks into the Pacific, that is.)

(the obligatory: ) /sarcasm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
How can you even say that with a straight face? There are nearly eight million unemployed Americans in the country right now. If you think that your prices are kept low because employers hire illegal aliens rather than legal American workers, well, I've got a some ocean front property right outside of Nashville, Tennessee that you should have a look at.

Any money employers are saving by hiring illegal aliens is going straight into their own pockets not yours.

This country is headed for a recession. We need to take care of our own, not a bunch of free loading, job stealing people from another country.
Consider the source.

And; to be honest, JiL may also be pulling our collective legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 PM
 
2,257 posts, read 3,454,145 times
Reputation: 469
Even if illegals paid SS, income taxes, medicaide etc an American taking the job would demand more pay increasing the percentage paid in. Plus he would probably demand health care releasing the government of that burden also. It saves the American Citizen and tax payer on both sides of the ledger to employ Americans...Theres no refuting that fact
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Western North Carolina
4,747 posts, read 7,537,784 times
Reputation: 9681
From what I have been reading, Mexico is afraid of them coming back to their own home country. My goodness gracious, they are just up in arms saying they may have to actually supply jobs, health care, and social services to THEIR OWN citizens of all things, instead of us paying for those things with our tax dollars over here in the United States! And all this time they kept telling US they were nothing but GOOD for our economy! Why in the world wouldnt' they be welcoming them back with open arms then??? Because they think we are fools, and in some way we are. My mother talks about Fidel Castro wising up and sending all the worst criminals he had in Cuba out in rafts to the United States about 20 years ago! He sure knew what he was doing! He knew we would take them in, and he would be rid of them. Florida has been a cesspool ever since. Yes, let's hear some news stories about how American families and legal citizens' qualitiy of life has gone down since illegal immigration has gotten out of control. I had to leave my home in North Carolina because my once peaceful small town was overrun with illegal immigrants, and the effects were definitely NOT positive ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
From what I have been reading, Mexico is afraid of them coming back to their own home country. My goodness gracious, they are just up in arms saying they may have to actually supply jobs, health care, and social services to THEIR OWN citizens of all things, instead of us paying for those things with our tax dollars over here in the United States! And all this time they kept telling US they were nothing but GOOD for our economy! Why in the world wouldnt' they be welcoming them back with open arms then??? Because they think we are fools, and in some way we are. My mother talks about Fidel Castro wising up and sending all the worst criminals he had in Cuba out in rafts to the United States about 20 years ago! He sure knew what he was doing! He knew we would take them in, and he would be rid of them. Florida has been a cesspool ever since. Yes, let's hear some news stories about how American families and legal citizens' qualitiy of life has gone down since illegal immigration has gotten out of control. I had to leave my home in North Carolina because my once peaceful small town was overrun with illegal immigrants, and the effects were definitely NOT positive ones.
Today's illegal invasion is like the Mariel Boat Lift without the boats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 AM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,346,735 times
Reputation: 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
From what I have been reading, Mexico is afraid of them coming back to their own home country. My goodness gracious, they are just up in arms saying they may have to actually supply jobs, health care, and social services to THEIR OWN citizens of all things, instead of us paying for those things with our tax dollars over here in the United States! And all this time they kept telling US they were nothing but GOOD for our economy! Why in the world wouldnt' they be welcoming them back with open arms then??? Because they think we are fools, and in some way we are. My mother talks about Fidel Castro wising up and sending all the worst criminals he had in Cuba out in rafts to the United States about 20 years ago! He sure knew what he was doing! He knew we would take them in, and he would be rid of them. Florida has been a cesspool ever since. Yes, let's hear some news stories about how American families and legal citizens' qualitiy of life has gone down since illegal immigration has gotten out of control. I had to leave my home in North Carolina because my once peaceful small town was overrun with illegal immigrants, and the effects were definitely NOT positive ones.
I believe Mexico is shipping us their criminals also. Oh sure, they'll tell us they are just poor people looking to improve themselves, but if that were the fact, they how come so many of them participate in illegal activities? I'm not just talking about the illegal activity of coming into this country, but the identity theft, Medicaid fruad, gangs, drugs - the list is endless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top