Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:33 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Your absolutely right, there have been numerous articles on how the law has hurt Oklahoman businesses. Many employers had employees suddenly vanish days before the law went into effect. Legal immigrants had begun to left the state because of the hostility in the air. America will realize these workers are heavily needed for this country to continue with a powerful economy. Arizona has about 4 times as many illegal immigrants as Oklahoma. I'm not sure where employers are going to be looking for new workers? Americans would rather attend college, live at home, or sit at a desk job. Illegal immigrants are so gracious for any money or job they pick up here, because it's a heck of alot better than Mexico or Central.
Powerful economy? Where have you been in a hole? we are tanking!!!!!!
Second, don't even sit there and try to say what Americans would or not rather do. How the hell do you know? Just because you choose to break our laws by hiring illegals and pocket the money you save by not paying a livable wage to American citizens, does not in anyway allow you to speak on what we would or would not rather do. I am a person that gets off my ass and works hard, so does my family and my husband. So does most people we know. Dont presume anything, you know squat!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM

43 posts, read 88,419 times
the video works when i clicked on it.... I think that this one news anchors opinion does matter and i think people will listen to him. He is an influence if you think so or not...people in Oklahoma do or that wouldn't be the most watched news cast in okc and he has been an anchor over 15 years. I listen to the part of the just to see what he has to say if I agree with it or not. People do listen and are listening. The hispanic community here is still thriving and I haven't seen a change. I can still drive down the street and see mexicans working, driving, and living. They are very much still here and I honestly dont see them going anywere. KevK I think that you are right our politicans go back in a few short weeks and this issue will be a big ticket to talk about.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
I didn't watch the video but,The reporter should go interview an American family that has no job. Or has lost their job due to illegals.Sorry but many of our own citizens are hurting, what makes illegals more worthy?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:04 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,077 times
Quote:
Your absolutely right, there have been numerous articles on how the law has hurt Oklahoman businesses. Many employers had employees suddenly vanish days before the law went into effect. Legal immigrants had begun to left the state because of the hostility in the air. America will realize these workers are heavily needed for this country to continue with a powerful economy. Arizona has about 4 times as many illegal immigrants as Oklahoma. I'm not sure where employers are going to be looking for new workers? Americans would rather attend college, live at home, or sit at a desk job. Illegal immigrants are so gracious for any money or job they pick up here, because it's a heck of alot better than Mexico or Central.
Actually, the only ones in the state benefiting from the cheap illegal alien labor are the EMPLOYERS of illegals, who don't have to pay any benefits, while at the same time this cheap labor is subsidized by the American taxpayers, in the form of free social services, free medical, free education, the cost of incarceration, etc. These employers of illegals are making out like bandits, at the expense, of course, of the American taxpayers.

So what's your stake in all this JIS? Are you an illegal wanting a job, or are you an employer of illegals? Who did these jobs before America was invaded by this 19th century illegal Mexican work force? Americans did them, of course, they just didn't do them so cheaply.

So, again, JIS, if you're not an illegal, or an employer of illegals, just WHAT ulterior motive would you possibly have in all this?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Nea1 if you believe the United States has a poor economy, you haven't been outside this country honey to see the conditions the world lives with.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:08 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Actually, the only ones in the state benefiting from the cheap illegal alien labor are the EMPLOYERS of illegals, who don't have to pay any benefits, while at the same time this cheap labor is subsidized by the American taxpayers, in the form of free social services, free medical, free education, the cost of incarceration, etc. These employers of illegals are making out like bandits, at the expense, of course, of the American taxpayers.

So what's your stake in all this JIS? Are you an illegal wanting a job, or are you an employer of illegals? Who did these jobs before America was invaded by this 19th century illegal Mexican work force? Americans did them, of course, they just didn't do them so cheaply.

So, again, JIS, if you're not an illegal, or an employer of illegals, just WHAT ulterior motive would you possibly have in all this?
Those of you who guessed scenario #2 are correct.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:10 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I didn't watch the video but,The reporter should go interview an American family that has no job. Or has lost their job due to illegals.Sorry but many of our own citizens are hurting, what makes illegals more worthy?
Employers will have to take that pocketed money from their practice of hiring illegals, and actually pay a lawful wage.

And, right - why should we be giving jobs to people from another country, if we have so many people in trouble here?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:10 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Nea1 if you believe the United States has a poor economy,
Did you hear about the emergency action taken by the fed this morning? Do you know how much the Dow has lost just this short year? Have you heard about the housing crisis? Stagnant wages? Oil at $100?
Quote:
you haven't been outside this country honey to see the conditions the world lives with.
I've been to Canada. Very nice country.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
Quote:
Nea1 if you believe the United States has a poor economy, you haven't been outside this country honey to see the conditions the world lives with.
It's a different kind of povery here. Wages have not kept up with costs, mostly housing and utilities. My oil bill just went up 40%, and my salary only goes up 3% a year.

That's what we're talking about here. The median household income in American is $45,000. HALF are below that, and many just above. Wages have stagnated for decades, but everything else has gone up.

Not to mention the homeless people I see every damned day on my way to work. We must take care of our OWN first.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Actually, the only ones in the state benefiting from the cheap illegal alien labor are the EMPLOYERS of illegals, who don't have to pay any benefits?
The hiring of illegal immigrants far outweighs the negatives of letting them go. Americans enjoy incredibly reasonable prices in everything except for Gas. This is because the low labor wage keep prices down. This whole deal with illegal immigrants taking tax money is ludicrious if you think clearly, illegal immigrants receive a standard pay check with both state and federal taxes being taken out. The state loses money when the illegal workers are gone, and so do the taxes leave. Russell Pearce said there would be less crowding in schools, shorter emergency lines at hospitals, I mean those are minor optimistic outlooks in regards to the negative aspects of Arizona's law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration