U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 12:11 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,162,430 times

Advertisements

Good news. They can send them all back and then they can get in line again. Antibiotic resistent T.B does not apply to only south of the border, it is a global problem and needs to go home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 10:52 AM

157 posts, read 277,202 times
Cool Logic

What can you expect with open borders. Send'em all packing. Now, how much will that cost? Who cares, we all know it's breaking the U.S. keeping them here. Let their wonderful countries take care of them. We have our own to care for. Like Veterans who are getting no help.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:28 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,819,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yahoo News Article (broken link)

The hammer is continuing to fall---------and, the net is widening to catch illegals of any race/ethnicity
Good. How many if the illegals from Vietnam were against the USA when it was time to defend their country from Communism. They wanted Communism -- we got out the refugees who were on our side at the time, now the others don't like what they wanted and decide they want money.

That war has been over for many many years -- they can stay in Vietnam and work for that country.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:33 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,819,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
[/b]

ANYONE who is here illegally should be sent back to their home land.If they want to come back, then they sould do it the right way. No exceptions.
That should be the amnesty -- if they return home now -- on their own, they will not have it on their record that they broke our laws which bars them for legal entry for 10 years.

If they fail to do so, then they should be formally deported and not eligible for legal immigration of any kind, no tourist visa, work visa -- nothing.

It's time the lawbreakers realize that there is already a legal process in place, and they are to stop believing that breaking our laws will get them nicely rewarded. The USA takes in more legal immigrants than any other nation in the world -- our laws are perfectly fair, but too many want to come.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:56 AM

162 posts, read 294,178 times
That's right. It doesnt matter if you are blonde with blue eyes or black hair with brown eyes, if you are illegal we are gonna find you and send you back wherever you came from.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:00 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,225,790 times
Well that blows the whole concept that some are using about pro legal being haters of people from Mexico. As we've been saying all along. Illegal is illegal. We don't care what race or where you are from.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:32 AM

510 posts, read 1,302,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That should be the amnesty -- if they return home now -- on their own, they will not have it on their record that they broke our laws which bars them for legal entry for 10 years.

If they fail to do so, then they should be formally deported and not eligible for legal immigration of any kind, no tourist visa, work visa -- nothing.

It's time the lawbreakers realize that there is already a legal process in place, and they are to stop believing that breaking our laws will get them nicely rewarded. The USA takes in more legal immigrants than any other nation in the world -- our laws are perfectly fair, but too many want to come.

I think that if they leave now, and they can also prove that they worked here AND paid TAXES, and have no negatives (bad credit, criminal acts of course, applied for any sort of aid...) it should be documented (photo, fingerprints) and perhaps give them a SLIGHTLY better chance at gaining legal entry later.

I know they all broke the law, but I do think there are different degrees and I would rather give a slight break to those who really came only for jobs and did not abuse the system in other ways. I think the ones who DID pay taxes should be first in line to possibly come back...as long as they LEAVE now.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:40 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
I think that if they leave now, and they can also prove that they worked here AND paid TAXES, and have no negatives (bad credit, criminal acts of course, applied for any sort of aid...) it should be documented (photo, fingerprints) and perhaps give them a SLIGHTLY better chance at gaining legal entry later.

I know they all broke the law, but I do think there are different degrees and I would rather give a slight break to those who really came only for jobs and did not abuse the system in other ways. I think the ones who DID pay taxes should be first in line to possibly come back...as long as they LEAVE now.
I am OK with that.

And; the above guidelines would eliminate about 90% of the illegal immigrants off the top.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:48 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,798,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post

This plan is not workable because they are not going to leave knowing they might not be able to come back. It is like telling some who have houses, jobs and roots in the U.S to just leave and MAYBE they might be able to come back. Besides what happens if they don't leave? ICE is not going to track down 15 million people to force them out of the country.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,798,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

How are they going to be formally deported? You think if that was possible, ICE wouldn't have done that already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or