Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 12:05 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,370,794 times

Advertisements

To the coward who left me an anonymous message saying "stay uninformed", first of all, I'm not a coward like you. I put my name on what I have to say. Secondly, be a man, or a woman, or transgender, and tell me what is wrong about what I posted. I can back up every thing I've said. The truth hurts, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 05:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, I doubt it's "over." The GOP will spend the next 50 years trying to tear the law apart. Voting to repeal the ACA is the only thing Republicans actually excel at anymore. On that, they have become experts.
Jude, let it go for heaven's sake. Will a Republcian President try to repeal Obamacare? Maybe, but as for the decision on Thurs. No, they will not!!!!!! Anymore than they tried to reverse Roe versus Wade that the libs said they would. Can't you just once, drop something? Your side won, what more do you want?

Old 06-28-2015, 08:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Once you give people "free money" you can't take it back.
Even the Supreme Court realizes that.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
To the coward who left me an anonymous message saying "stay uninformed", first of all, I'm not a coward like you. I put my name on what I have to say. Secondly, be a man, or a woman, or transgender, and tell me what is wrong about what I posted. I can back up every thing I've said. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Exactly a lot of cowards on this forum in fact many.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:19 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5
Eh think of it like this Jess: You got points for thier nasty comment (Reg members can only give POSITIVE REP)

So just thank them for thier ignorance....

Old 06-28-2015, 09:37 PM

33,994 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It just came across MSN: 6-3 vote supporting Obama and his health care bill. What a surprise. The 2 siding with the left were Roberts (the so called conservative) and Kennedy. I bet Bush is so proud of his choice for supreme court with his appointing Roberts.

Well, it is over now, the court has spoken and we have to respect thier decision.
I fully agree all SCOTUS decisions should be respected. They are the highest court this nation has.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:38 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Jude, let it go for heaven's sake. Will a Republcian President try to repeal Obamacare? Maybe, but as for the decision on Thurs. No, they will not!!!!!! Anymore than they tried to reverse Roe versus Wade that the libs said they would. Can't you just once, drop something? Your side won, what more do you want?
Roe v. Wade is an excellent analogy. The right has never stopped chipping away at it in an attempt to end a woman's right to choose. I expect we'll see the same efforts by the GOP against the ACA for decades to come. If you listen to most of the Republican presidential candidates, they have already begun. It will never be over as long as there is a Republican party.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:10 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Exclamation Its far from over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Roe v. Wade is an excellent analogy. The right has never stopped chipping away at it in an attempt to end a woman's right to choose. I expect we'll see the same efforts by the GOP against the ACA for decades to come. If you listen to most of the Republican presidential candidates, they have already begun. It will never be over as long as there is a Republican party.
This maybe true to some extend, but we will see the Modification of ACA in which the Democrats have be firmly against. I am not going into some of the excellent suggestions that have been all ready posted, but change is on the horizon ,

Congress has tried but repeal the law, but Obama has threaten Veto.

The Republican Party is far from dead and I do contend that the DNC is still in a tail spin and choose to play Politics than suggesting firm policy for the next4 years.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:08 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,226,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd agree but not all of us have that "spark". I def don't between me fighting PTSD as well as probably Aspergers. I'm a worker bee, not a leader. I'll put in a good day's work but, that's the best I can do.
The fact that you get up and try is good enough for me.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:09 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,226,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually the disabled are on SSDI not SSI. SSI is social security for our seniors and they earned it.
My bad. You get the point. Too many not working that can. They are just milking the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration