Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 01:11 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
OK you see to that good luck
In principal he is right. Why do Latinos think their ethnic group is above our immigration and blackmail our politicians to support their self-interest, tribal mentality that is against the law and harmful to the rest of us? Those who think that way should move to a Hispanic country of their choice then. Oh, I forgot they all immigration laws also. Imagine that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
He'll never get in the office now.

As a hispanic person it is not refreshing to hear what he says... it is the same old bigotry pattern spewed out by a GOP candidate... delivered with a total lack of tact.

I actually liked Trump until he made those comments.
Perhaps he won't but where was the bigotry in his comments? He spoke out against illegal immigration. That's bigotry?

Old 07-02-2015, 02:16 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
He'll never get in the office now.

As a hispanic person it is not refreshing to hear what he says... it is the same old bigotry pattern spewed out by a GOP candidate... delivered with a total lack of tact.

I actually liked Trump until he made those comments.
I'm half Puerto Rican and find what Trump said to be refreshing. I pointed out to you that he did NOT say that all Mexicans are "rapists" and "murderers" and you, obviously, couldn't find anything to refute that.

And why shouldn't we be against illegal aliens? It doesn't matter where an illegal comes from (in fact, in the past, ICE has deported illegals back to 189 different countries). Nor does it matter if they got here by sneaking across a border or overstaying a visa. They all have one thing in common and that is this---they have no business being here and need to leave.

No politician---on either side of the aisle---should be pandering to lawbreakers and those who aid and abet them. Period.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:51 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Thumbs down I had this Arugment!

I worked some PR and you would think that the Territory of PR was a stand alone country. Sanchez is just following the Political Groupies to forward her career.

PR has several time had the chance to become Independent and or become a Latest State of the Union. They do not want that either because they wish to avoid the taxes, but yet enjoy the benefits of the Federal Gov.

Sanchez can be replaced and I am sure there is a Latino who would have no problem taking her job.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:33 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
Trump may have been dumped by Macy's, et al., but he is to be admired for speaking about what is obvious, PC be damned. Pathetic how the media and the pro-illegal factions twisted his words.

And guess what? He is only second to Jeb Bush in the polls (early and probably means nothing), so there are a lot of people who agree with him.

I never liked the blowhard, but now have respect for him for speaking the truth. And he is NOT backing down. You go, Mr. Trump!

Old 07-03-2015, 12:54 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
I never considered myself a Trump fan. Never took him seriously politically and only occasionally watched his show. Now I hope he rolls through the primaries to show that Americans will not roll over on illegal immigration.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:03 AM

11,785 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Kap - I'm with you and it appears a lot of other American are also - I think people just needed someone in the media's attention to make a stand and say it like it is. Most politicians tell us what they think we want to hear and have no plans to put it to action. I'm linking this due to a comment below the story - John vs Juan. I think the comments section tells more than a story ever does - but this guy is making it simple so even those who think all these illegals deserve a shot - will take notice of what is really happening.

Reigning Miss Universe rebukes Trump for his migrant remarks

Old 07-03-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I never considered myself a Trump fan. Never took him seriously politically and only occasionally watched his show. Now I hope he rolls through the primaries to show that Americans will not roll over on illegal immigration.
Me either but I admire his guts to speak out on illegal immigration and the many pitfalls of it. Hispanics as of this morning are now demanding that every Republican candidate/politician publicly denounce him claiming it will hurt them in the upcoming presidential election. I had to laugh at that because even before Trump made his statements they were voting overwhelmingly voting Democrat anyway.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:42 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Thumbs up Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Me either but I admire his guts to speak out on illegal immigration and the many pitfalls of it. Hispanics as of this morning are now demanding that every Republican candidate/politician publicly denounce him claiming it will hurt them in the upcoming presidential election. I had to laugh at that because even before Trump made his statements they were voting overwhelmingly voting Democrat anyway.
Trumps speaks for those of us in this country who is deeply concerned not only Immigration , but numinous other topics. I learned to day Obama is still trying to use the power of Executive order to erode our Immigrations laws.

The world wants to have the USA as a open broader Country, while in practice have hard Immigrations enforcement. We as Americans need to take steps in enforcing out laws on the books and aggressive executing these laws with the end result of Deportation.

Trump has the nerve to call it for what it is!

Old 07-03-2015, 11:45 AM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Actress and Latin beauty Roselyn Sanchez is one of the latest to voice her disconcern with Donald Trump following his anti-immigrant speech, and subsequently announced that she will no longer serve as a co-host for the Spanish-language simulcast of Miss USA alongside actor Cristian De La Fuente, who also pulled out, along with Univision".

Roselyn Sanchez Steps Down as Miss USA Co-Host After Donald Trump's Anti-Immigrant Speech

Anti-immigrant speech? Um no, Ms. Sanchez anti-illegal immigration speech. Why do these people lie so much? If anyone is not convinced that many if not most Latinos think their ethnic group is above our immigration laws and will call anyone who objects a racist then they are in deep denial. Once again tribal mentality trumps our immigration laws.
These pro illegal morons keep showing their stupidity on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration