Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:18 PM

902 posts, read 717,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I thought you said illegals? Make up your mind.
Please be more understanding. It is hard for them to keep track of those spin posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 02:22 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,342 times
OzarkBaby,

I'm curious to know how illegal immigrants have hurt you personally? Your views on the subject definently point to you having some serious beef with illegal immigrants. I'm sure all of the people on here who complain and get angry over illegal immigrants are the ones who have had the worst losses from them. The same 10 people give their angry opinions day after day. I won't respond with anger.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
OzarkBaby,

I'm curious to know how illegal immigrants have hurt you personally? Your views on the subject definently point to you having some serious beef with illegal immigrants. I'm sure all of the people on here who complain and get angry over illegal immigrants are the ones who have had the worst losses from them. The same 10 people give their angry opinions day after day. I won't respond with anger.
I don't care how you respond at all. I am not a whiner about how people respond like so many in here are.

I have never been hurt personally by any illegal. I can say that I have had a friend of mine, who was a BP agent, got physically huirt by illegals and now is on disability thanks to them.

BTW, it hurts me personally when my country is and continues to be invaded by the illegal criminals and I just can't stand any person who sides with the illegals because it shows a traitoris act toward their own country.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:39 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,522,834 times
Quote:
OzarkBaby,

I'm curious to know how illegal immigrants have hurt you personally?
This coming from someone who is "hurt" by anonymous, self-perceived racist comments?

*rolls in laughter*

Old 01-23-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
This coming from someone who is "hurt" by anonymous, self-perceived racist comments?

*rolls in laughter*
I didn't think of that. Thanks for that and you are right.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:34 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,675,800 times
This law only hurts criminals. Law abiding citizens and legal residents have nothing to worry about.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
This law only hurts criminals. Law abiding citizens and legal residents have nothing to worry about.
That is only true up to a point. One has to be careful of the law because it usually starts out being what most law-abiding citizens want and then, seemingly overnight, it can be against those same law-abiding citizens.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Laws such as these have contributed to a rise of 80% citizenship applications by green card holders in the Dallas area. Every immigrant, legal or illegal feel these laws are harmful to their welfare.
Taking responsibility by becoming legal is a good thing

Old 01-23-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
And of course Hispanics should not be a protected class at all.
I agree 100%

Personally; there should be no protected classes at all based on ethnicity. Last time that I checked; Jim Crow laws were illegal.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
The majority of legal citizens will vote for the illegal immigrants and this is a big problem for Republicans in '08. In the 15 heated congressional house districts over illegal immigration in '06, the Democrats won 13 of them. The Democrats are pandering the Latino Vote.
Hispanics (of all races) are about 16% of the US population-----and, many of them are below age 18 so their impact is negligible at best. Note too that many Latinos are also anti illegal immigrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration