U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:18 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
OzarkBaby,

I'm curious to know how illegal immigrants have hurt you personally? Your views on the subject definently point to you having some serious beef with illegal immigrants. I'm sure all of the people on here who complain and get angry over illegal immigrants are the ones who have had the worst losses from them. The same 10 people give their angry opinions day after day. I won't respond with anger.
I know it wasn't directed to me but I will tell you.

We lost our business because we would not hire illegals ( too loyal to Americans) and could not compete.And I have read that you hire them,I have NO respect for those that do and think they need to be put in jail and lose their business. My son was attacked by two illegal ( later found out they were) kids, which required 17 staples and left him with a fractured eye socket.
Many of our friends in construction have lost their jobs to them.

SO yea I am a bit bitter and angry. With reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,453,686 times
Personally

When I was in grade school the 5th and 6th grades had a 3 day track meet each year called field day. I watched as my 3 older brothers came home year after year with the blue ribbons for the events they had won. 40 yard dash, long jump, relays etc...I was easily the best athlete in my grade and during the 5th grade was still only able to get a 2nd and a few 3rd place ribbons during field day as the 6th graders had their day. The next years field day would be my day to shine like my older brothers and come home with a chest full of blue ribbons.

Over that summer there was a heavy influx of illegals which suddenly found our school districts flooded with children of illegals. Since none of them could speak English and were poorly educated to begin with they were all placed in grades 2 to 3 years behind their age groups so they could catch up. Portable went up, teachers stressed out teacher to student ratios went through the roof. As field day came along the pre pubescent white boy who had his heart set on this day for over 5 years found himself competeing against men in the yearly track meet. Jose Gonzales a 15 year old man child fully and physically matured walked off with all but a couple of the 1sts the rest of which were collected up by other children of illegals who were also 2 and 3 years older. The facaulty saw what was happening and tried to asuage our dissapointment by giving us consolation "blue ribbons" but it was to late. I had lost the competitions and was thoughly embarrased in front of all my peers at a very influential age.

This might seem chilildish and petty. In the end it was probably a positive experience for me as I shook off some childhood innocense and naivete to learn that the world is unfair and sometimes you have to suck it up and move on.

If you would like to hear something more recent and pertinent to the discussion I can tell a story of how my family continues to suffer as we scrape along on food stamps. How on an extremely tight budget I still cant seem to make ends meet at the end of the month. How I try to steer my 3 year old son away from the shoe section at wal mart so I dont have to tell him he cant have the spiderman snowboots. I used to be able to provide for my family a little better until my job in the auto industry (im a career machinist) was sent to Mexico. Having retrained under NAFTA I find out my new IT career is being outsourced to India before I even graduate. Meanwhile theres some mexican down in Oxaoca doing my job and eating my dinner while the rest of his family is up here taking the jobs left over driving down wages working in a walmart I cant afford to shop.

You want more

The sawmill my brother works at was in negotiations with the union. This company has mills all over the midwest and western US. While there are no illegals working in this particular mill as the negotiations went on and became more heated ownership started threatening to bring in illegals that work in the other mills to replace the union workers. All of sudden people are being layed off, saftety and other signs in the mill were being accompanied with the same signs in spanish among other tactics to intimidate workers who are just rying to make a decent living.

You know piling funkin lumber one of the jobs US citizens wont do

heh

Last edited by bryan61; 01-23-2008 at 07:17 PM..

Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
In my community, all new prospective residents who wish to have city utilities must sign on their application that they are a legal resident or citizen.

We ahve actually had two who refused to sign that application and went to another town.
Ok.........now what.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:05 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
Quote:
An increase of citizenship applications by 70%-80% nationwide, 1.6 million persons, is an excellent indicator the laws are felt as oppressive by legal immigrants.
How exactly is that an idicator that LEGAL IMMIGRANTS feel the laws are oppressive when they are here legally and don't need green cards?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Huh? That's exacly what they concern themselves with, because they have relatives, neighbors, employees, friends who are illegal and they want them to be free of discrimination.
Then the illegals should go back to Mexico and apply for legal entry into our country.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
The majority of legal citizens will vote for the illegal immigrants and this is a big problem for Republicans in '08. In the 15 heated congressional house districts over illegal immigration in '06, the Democrats won 13 of them. The Democrats are pandering the Latino Vote.
Kind of a sorry state of affairs that the Democrats think the only way they can win the election is to solicit votes of criminal sympathizers!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:21 AM

902 posts, read 505,464 times
Illegal aliens come to America and expect us to turn our country - its laws, its culture, its system of citizen benefits - on its ear to benefit them. Then they accuse us of being racist, bigoted, and hateful xenophobes for requiring them to follow the law that countless LEGAL immigrants took the time to follow. They refuse to acknowledge how their actions can rightfully be interpreted as insulting. They’re essentially saying,“We don’t give a damn about you, your laws, your country or your culture…gimme, gimme, gimme.

I’m quite sure that anyone who opposes illegal immigration would have no problem with immigrants of any stripe coming here legally, according to our laws, to make a better life for themselves. But by countless millions invading our country and overwhelming our schools and social systems, criminal justice system, hospitals, degrading our economy, taxing our already fragile infrastructure, crowding our cities and elbowing their way into jobs that are required by law to be given to citizens and legal workers; its just a bit or a problem to those of us who demand that our immigration laws be followed. It’s not racist or bigoted to demand that anyone who wants citizenship show their dedication to their new country by following its laws pertaining to immigration. Breaking those laws as your first action in your “new country” does not sit well with the vast majority of American citizens nor will they ever accept it.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:47 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
I'm curious to know how illegal immigrants have hurt you personally?
Personally, they have taken a lot of money out of my pocket that could have been used for my grandchildren and greatgrandchildrens education.

They stole money from me

Old 01-24-2008, 07:49 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
Quote:
OzarkBaby,

I'm curious to know how illegal immigrants have hurt you personally? Your views on the subject definently point to you having some serious beef with illegal immigrants. I'm sure all of the people on here who complain and get angry over illegal immigrants are the ones who have had the worst losses from them. The same 10 people give their angry opinions day after day. I won't respond with anger.

the only reason you are for the illegals.. is because you have them working at your restaurant... yeh we know.. (laugh) you pay them 14 bucks an hour.. (laugh-again)... So please tell us all.. get it all out in the open.. besides you hiring illegals.. what other reason is there for you to be so diligent in coming up with every exuse in the book to why illegals don't really burden Americans? Please explain? I have asked many pro-illegals this before.. giving them different things to chose from.. but guess what.. I never get a real answer!
So please tell us so we may have a better understanding as to why you love illegals so much..
are you: mexican yourself?
are you: an anchor baby?
are you: someone who works or volunteers for some latino activist advocate group?
are you: some who owns a business who utilizes cheap slave labor?
are you: a politician?
are you: married to a mexican or someone from south of the border?

Many of us who are anti-illegal have stated our reason why we are against illegals... why can't you pro-illegals stand up and tell us the truth?
too hard for you answer? Speak up.. you do about everything else!
Thank you in advance...

Old 01-25-2008, 02:33 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
[quote=Arizona Bound;2616047]the only reason you are for the illegals.. is because you have them working at your restaurant... yeh we know.. (laugh) you pay them 14 bucks an hour.. (laugh-again)... So please tell us all.. get it all out in the open.. besides you hiring illegals.. what other reason is there for you to be so diligent in coming up with every exuse in the book to why illegals don't really burden Americans? Please explain? I have asked many pro-illegals this before.. giving them different things to chose from.. but guess what.. I never get a real answer!
So please tell us so we may have a better understanding as to why you love illegals so much..
are you: mexican yourself?
are you: an anchor baby?
are you: someone who works or volunteers for some latino activist advocate group?
are you: some who owns a business who utilizes cheap slave labor?
are you: a politician?
are you: married to a mexican or someone from south of the border?

Many of us who are anti-illegal have stated our reason why we are against illegals... why can't you pro-illegals stand up and tell us the truth?
too hard for you answer? Speak up.. you do about everything else!
Thank you in advance...

Still waiting... Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration