Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:42 AM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times

Advertisements

I've heard there is a strong tie between discontinuance of leaded gasoline and violent crime...google it. I'm inclined to believe there is a tie, how much I'm not sure but it does explain the timing and rates.

Of course, good policing, locking up violent criminals, aging of the population probably contributes to the lower violent crime rate as well.

as far as illegal immigrants, Hispanic crime rates are not particularly that high...violent crime is largely occurring in large concentrations of blacks.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:54 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've heard there is a strong tie between discontinuance of leaded gasoline and violent crime...google it. I'm inclined to believe there is a tie, how much I'm not sure but it does explain the timing and rates.

Of course, good policing, locking up violent criminals, aging of the population probably contributes to the lower violent crime rate as well.

as far as illegal immigrants, Hispanic crime rates are not particularly that high...violent crime is largely occurring in large concentrations of blacks.
The Mexican population in Prison is #2, Blacks are #1

Old 07-10-2015, 12:18 PM

335 posts, read 329,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
The Mexican population in Prison is #2, Blacks are #1
Source that for us would you?

I am quite sure you are using the figure for "Hispanic Males" which includes all American Hispanics and not just illegals. In fact, I know you are. And this thread is discussing illegals.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:49 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Proof?
I'm gonna say that ALL illegal aliens 18 or older ARE commiting felonies like ID theft, fake SSN's, not reporting income and so on. That's all the proof I need tho illegal aliens think that kind of behavior is Ok.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm gonna say that ALL illegal aliens 18 or older ARE commiting felonies like ID theft, fake SSN's, not reporting income and so on. That's all the proof I need tho illegal aliens think that kind of behavior is Ok.
Glad you brought up the point about not reporting income. As the earning potential of illegals falls at the absolute lowest end of the scale, and thus they would rarely be paying any taxes at all if they were legal citizens reporting their earnings, we can extrapolate that virtually every penny of the lost tax revenue each year in this country is from natural born legal American citizens breaking the law by cheating on their taxes. The amount of loss to this citizen crime averages well over $300 billion each year. Some years as high as $500 billion (Yes, that's 1/2 trillion lost to citizen fraud).

Here's some more detail on that for you
Estimates of lost government revenue

U.S. Federal Revenue Lost

Total revenue lost: $3.44 trillion In the United States, the IRS estimate of the 2001 tax gap was $345 billion.[7] For 2006, the tax gap is estimated to be $450 billion.[8]
A more recent study estimates the 2008 tax gap in the range of $450 to $500 billion, and unreported income to be approximately $2 trillion.[9] Thus, 18 to 19 percent of total reportable income is not properly reported to the IRS.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_ev..._United_States

Old 07-10-2015, 04:27 PM

22,450 posts, read 11,977,478 times
All illegal aliens are liars and cheats. There is no such thing as an "honest illegal alien". The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron.

Once they cross the border or overstay a visa, they have to engage in criminal acts to stay here. It's against the law for them to hold a job. In order for them to hold a job, they either engage in ID theft or use a fake SSN, thereby leaving the victims in a world of hurt. Then there are the ones who get paid under the table, thus engaging in tax evasion.

It doesn't matter if they are low income---there is no excuse for ID theft or tax evasion. Period.

So much for your claim that they hardly ever commit any crimes. Just being here makes them criminals. Enough said.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
All illegal aliens are liars and cheats. There is no such thing as an "honest illegal alien". The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron.

Once they cross the border or overstay a visa, they have to engage in criminal acts to stay here. It's against the law for them to hold a job. In order for them to hold a job, they either engage in ID theft or use a fake SSN, thereby leaving the victims in a world of hurt.
I didn't read anyone say anything about illegal aliens being honest. What's being pointed out to you is that they are not as much of a threat as your own natural born American citizen neighbors.
Quote:
Then there are the ones who get paid under the table, thus engaging in tax evasion.

It doesn't matter if they are low income---there is no excuse for ID theft or tax evasion. Period.
Read the post above. By definition if they don't earn enough over or under the table to pay taxes then they aren't evading taxes. Tax evasion is a crime almost entirely committed by citizens with substantial income.

Quote:
So much for your claim that they hardly ever commit any crimes.
Never claimed that. Attention to detail and facts tells the story.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmorphicDN View Post
I didn't read anyone say anything about illegal aliens being honest. What's being pointed out to you is that they are not as much of a threat as your own natural born American citizen neighbors.
Read the post above. By definition if they don't earn enough over or under the table to pay taxes then they aren't evading taxes. Tax evasion is a crime almost entirely committed by citizens with substantial income.

Never claimed that. Attention to detail and facts tells the story.
Does it matter? Like you all but said; we have enough low life Americans now, we def DON'T need more low lifes in the US. Illegal aliens and those who protect them are crooks and need to be dealt with.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,795,244 times
Quote:

Once they cross the border or overstay a visa, they have to engage in criminal acts to stay here. It's against the law for them to hold a job. In order for them to hold a job, they either engage in ID theft or use a fake SSN, thereby leaving the victims in a world of hurt. Then there are the ones who get paid under the table, thus engaging in tax evasion.

So much for your claim that they hardly ever commit any crimes. Just being here makes them criminals. Enough said.
It is not against the law to hold a job. Nor is it illegal to use a phoney SS number. Where do you guys gets this stuff.

Nor is overstaying a visa a crime.

Things can well be illegal and not criminal.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It is not against the law to hold a job. Nor is it illegal to use a phoney SS number. Where do you guys gets this stuff.

Nor is overstaying a visa a crime.

Things can well be illegal and not criminal.
All misdemeanors which DO stay on your record and ARE probable cause to deport even a legal alien.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration