U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:00 AM

27,994 posts, read 46,359,104 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm not going to post anymore on here because I'm taking a diabetic break from here for now but this came up more important right now.

A new Tennessee law that punishes employers who hire illegal immigrants appears to be generating fear and paranoia among some business owners, hiring managers and immigrant advocates.

Almost 50 people gathered in Southeast Nashville Wednesday evening for a public information session about the law, intended to stop employers from hiring workers who are in the U.S. illegally.

Illegal workers act worries employers | tennessean.com |
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 09:05 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
At one time, certain Southern 'employers' became EXTREMELY worried about the Emancipation Proclamation, figuring its implementation would spell the "doom" of their economy, and the devastation of their 'work force'.
After an adjustment period, they eventually 'accepted' its validity, and moved on.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
If they didn't know they were doing something wrong then they wouldn't have anything to worry about, would they? Looks to me like they better start hiring American and documented workers!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Hi, I'm not going to post anymore on here because I'm taking a diabetic break from here for now but this came up more important right now.

A new Tennessee law that punishes employers who hire illegal immigrants appears to be generating fear and paranoia among some business owners, hiring managers and immigrant advocates.

Almost 50 people gathered in Southeast Nashville Wednesday evening for a public information session about the law, intended to stop employers from hiring workers who are in the U.S. illegally.

Illegal workers act worries employers | tennessean.com |
Oh well: sucks to an illegal immigrant as well as his/her enabler.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 AM

635 posts, read 1,559,714 times
This is just what National Republicans need, more alienating of Latino voters in 2008. Karl Rove is concerned and has said so himself.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
This is just what National Republicans need, more alienating of Latino voters in 2008. Karl Rove is concerned and has said so himself.
Illegal immigration transcends political parties. Stop trying to make this a partisan issue.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:44 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
This is just what National Republicans need, more alienating of Latino voters in 2008. .
Well Golly Gee - in AZ, it was the DEMOCRATS who passed this similar law -

Merely goes to show you - that when it comes to illegal immigration, and the lawlessness you support, the determination to stop it transends party lines.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:18 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Why dont those employers who hire the illegals pay for their health care and other social work needs.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,214 times
Just a comment....illegal employees do not have benefits, so why "High Springs Gator" says "their employers should pay for their health" and other needs...they have to buy separately a health insurance and/ or pay regular insurance less fees for what they get.
Also most of them pay taxes that they never get back ( with the ITIN #)and of course do not complaint. A lot of people think they live or want to live for free, and it is just not the case, they are hard working people trying to get a better life without hurting anyone. If there was a possibility of getting legal even paying all kinds of fees and tickets, they would gladly do it because they know they are not doing the right thing.....I understand we all fight for what is ours, but give yourself an opportunity to get to know -closely- someone with a real story. I did it and that is why now it is not that I love them but I understand their situation....trust me, it is enough to leave your country and not being able to go back without dying of hunger....they really have a hard time!!!!

Old 06-12-2010, 02:05 PM

472 posts, read 627,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmelala View Post
Just a comment....illegal employees do not have benefits, so why "High Springs Gator" says "their employers should pay for their health" and other needs...they have to buy separately a health insurance and/ or pay regular insurance less fees for what they get.
Also most of them pay taxes that they never get back ( with the ITIN #)and of course do not complaint. A lot of people think they live or want to live for free, and it is just not the case, they are hard working people trying to get a better life without hurting anyone. If there was a possibility of getting legal even paying all kinds of fees and tickets, they would gladly do it because they know they are not doing the right thing.....I understand we all fight for what is ours, but give yourself an opportunity to get to know -closely- someone with a real story. I did it and that is why now it is not that I love them but I understand their situation....trust me, it is enough to leave your country and not being able to go back without dying of hunger....they really have a hard time!!!!
Just a comment -- B.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or