Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:13 PM

24,428 posts, read 10,758,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Unless they are a refugee (and there aren't that many) it would appear that most likely they are here Illegally.
a) I never planned or wanted to move to the US.
b) I almost managed to flunk a whole school year because of my unwillingness to learn English. I still do not like anything about this language. Unfortunately my parents stuck me into a private school to end up as interpreter/translator amongst others English:>) But even in AL I have no problem to deal with daily life without using English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 01:15 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,354,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It was stated in the article already that the students didn't speak English therefore when you take into account that the parents didn't either I only mentioned the parents at that time. When you take into account that the entire families didn't speak English it puts up a red flag that more than likely the entire family is here illegally. Is that clear enough for you now?
I'm not going to disagree, there is a fairly decent chance they could be here illegally. Just don't flat out say they must be here illegally because they don't speak English because there are people, even families living in the country that have legit legal documentation and speak little to no English.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,309,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
b) I almost managed to flunk a whole school year because of my unwillingness to learn English. I still do not like anything about this language. Unfortunately my parents stuck me into a private school to end up as interpreter/translator amongst others English:>) But even in AL I have no problem to deal with daily life without using English.
Which proves my point about colonization rather than assimilation.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:27 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,550,532 times
Quote:
There are many just like you. Only, most are here illegally. Unlike you, they love everything this country has to offer; that is, other than its laws and culture. However, our government eagerly accommodates them, so they are not inconvenienced.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:49 PM

50,226 posts, read 46,967,109 times
Quote:
I take it you plan on leaving as soon as possible.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,109,951 times
Quote:
Two quick notes here:

#1: your English is damn good so your 'hate' is not that deep.
#2: I suggest you find another country to move to---------although, English being the lingua franca of the world, it will follow you everywhere.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:55 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,041,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As for the word 'Mexican'...........it is based on the Spanish word 'mejica' which means 'mixed'
HUH???? What are you talking about? mejica is not even a word in spanish or nahuatl. Even the word Mexico does not mean mixed. I'm sure you can google

Note to forumers: Please dont take for granted this poster's definitions. At least google. Thanks

Old 12-16-2009, 12:12 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,041,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
SHOCKER - Mexicans Want to Deal Only With Mexicans - Americans Not Welcome (http://www.carthagepress.com/news/x1295939200 - broken link)

Far beyond "look like me". This describes something much deeper and darker than mere skin tones or ethnicity. They will only respond to other Mexican nationals. This condition goes a long way in explaining why it is necessary to have more Mexican consulate offices than we have state capitols, why we see a dual government materializing before our very eyes, the resistance to assimilation, the disdain for Americans - and other nationalities of which we have many - of all colors, the disrespect for American law, the animosity towards everything American, in short everything we hate about their
behaviors and attitudes and the whoring of our national sovereignty by merchants and politicos.
WOW! So now Mexicans only want to deal with Mexicans. What a way to twist things.

This quote was taken directly from the article provided:

Quote:
"Majority of the parents care, they just can’t communicate,” Perez said. “They felt mistreated by the school, and the school felt insufficient to reach them. The parents really want their children to succeed.”

Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,431,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy2469 View Post
In addition, my oldest son is half Mexican and his daughter is 3/4. Her mother is from Chihuahua, Mexico. I am in no way racist in any way, shape or form. I'm just sick of hearing the discrimination card being played.

You and me too, and most of my friends, after a while, it just gets plain stale and old. And I have more mexican friends, then any other race, or they are mixed, they even agree, they also get tired, of the same thing, you should hear them talk about there own race.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,109,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
HUH???? What are you talking about? mejica is not even a word in spanish or nahuatl. Even the word Mexico does not mean mixed. I'm sure you can google

Note to forumers: Please dont take for granted this poster's definitions. At least google. Thanks
Then I suggest that you put up a link proving me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration