Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:39 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times

Advertisements

I was curious and looked up the word "Mejicano"... meaning Mexican or Mexicano.

Me thinks the person just meant (a) for female and the (no) to be towards a male.

I could be wrong as I am in some cases.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 04:55 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,369 times
<<SHOCKER - Mexicans Want to Deal Only With Mexicans - Americans Not Welcome>>

This is why I don't understand why so many politicians want to grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. I know----Democrats think they're going to gain voters, Republicans cheap labor, but don't they know if there's a majority Hispanic population, they aren't going to vote fot anyone named Clinton, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Bush Romney, Giuliani, etc. They're going to vote for Martinez, Gutierrez, Villaraigosa, Garcia, Gonzales, etc. Politicians with European or Asian ethnicity, are literally voting themselves out of office if they vote for amnesty.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<SHOCKER - Mexicans Want to Deal Only With Mexicans - Americans Not Welcome>>

This is why I don't understand why so many politicians want to grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. I know----Democrats think they're going to gain voters, Republicans cheap labor, but don't they know if there's a majority Hispanic population, they aren't going to vote fot anyone named Clinton, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Bush Romney, Giuliani, etc. They're going to vote for Martinez, Gutierrez, Villaraigosa, Garcia, Gonzales, etc. Politicians with European or Asian ethnicity, are literally voting themselves out of office if they vote for amnesty.
Remember that Latinos (of any actual race) are only about 15% of the US population---------and, they are not noted for voting compared to American Blacks.

As it is: the tide of public opinion has turned against illegal immigration; it seems that every attempt for amnesty, etc. backfires these days

Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then I suggest that you put up a link proving me wrong.
The meaning of the word "Mexico" is unknown. However if you found the meaning, why don't you post your links and enlighten us with your knowledge of Mexico.

List of country name etymologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-16-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
The meaning of the word "Mexico" is unknown. However if you found the meaning, why don't you post your links and enlighten us with your knowledge of Mexico.

List of country name etymologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tough to do being that I probably read the definition in a book prior to the Internet.

I was led to believe that 'Mexico' was based on the Spanish word for 'mixed'; as relating to Mestizo.

Frankly; I was not aware of the term 'Mexica' till fairly recently.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:30 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
I always noticed this because a lot of Mexican immigrants (legal or illegal) will be quick to talk about how they are cheating the system and how the "gringos" are stupid. Also, those were the same people waving US flags at immigration rallies only because they were afraid they were going to get deported. When those rallies are over, do you think they actually keep those flags or have any interest in waving them again?

Old 12-17-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I always noticed this because a lot of Mexican immigrants (legal or illegal) will be quick to talk about how they are cheating the system and how the "gringos" are stupid. Also, those were the same people waving US flags at immigration rallies only because they were afraid they were going to get deported. When those rallies are over, do you think they actually keep those flags or have any interest in waving them again?
And those 'Mexicans' you just described have proven how truly stupid they are; their antics have enraged many Americans----------to the point that we want them out of the USA.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:04 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Are we discussing illegal immigration or "a lot of legal and illegal" Mexicans in general?

Old 12-17-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Are we discussing illegal immigration or "a lot of legal and illegal" Mexicans in general?
I used the term 'Mexican' in quotation marks to describe both illegals from SoB and Americans of that heritage who are Quislings against the USA.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:03 PM

313 posts, read 344,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And what's really interesting is that all the brown power crap and dwelling on race is from the chicano movement, Mexicans in Mexico don't really dwell much on the white and brown stuff. You don't see the Indians and mestisos in Mexico making everything a race issue like Mexicans in the USA turn everything into race.
Yeah, and that's why they get screwed over by the white elite.

The Blacks, Chicanos, Natives "dwelled" on it to fight for their rights. Compare America 40 years ago to America today. Need I say more?

"really interesting". Typical chauvinist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration