U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:14 PM

902 posts, read 505,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
i was not calling anybody "racist or bigoted". i am an american of mexican descent, not a "mexican" as you so eloquently stated. i'm just saying that any prejudices that may exist between other hispanics is based on ACTUAL EXPERIENCES, not just pulled out of thin air. believe it or not, that experience was hurtful to me at the time as a child. since that time, i met many other hispanics from different countries (b/c i lived in so cal) who treated me very well. it changed the way that i looked at them. i just can't respect the opinions of this particular guy. as i said, find yourself a good looking mexican american guy to represent this cause. there are plenty of us who detest the illegal alien invasion.
And any prejudices white people have are based on actual experiences also. Now that we agree on that point, why would you hate all other Hispanics? That is quite bigoted, whether you want to admit it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 07:15 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
i was not calling anybody "racist or bigoted". i am an american of mexican descent, not a "mexican" as you so eloquently stated. i'm just saying that any prejudices that may exist between other hispanics is based on ACTUAL EXPERIENCES, not just pulled out of thin air. believe it or not, that experience was hurtful to me at the time as a child. since that time, i met many other hispanics from different countries (b/c i lived in so cal) who treated me very well. it changed the way that i looked at them. i just can't respect the opinions of this particular guy. as i said, find yourself a good looking mexican american guy to represent this cause. there are plenty of us who detest the illegal alien invasion.
Said 'good looking' Mexican American man would need to be a Mestizo with a Spanish name. A White or Black man of even 100% Mexican lineage would not work for obvious reasons.

I do catch your drift------and, you were not being racist either, just realistic.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:18 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
And any prejudices white people have are based on actual experiences also. Now that we agree on that point, why would you hate all other Hispanics? That is quite bigoted, whether you want to admit it or not.

when did i ever say that i "hated" anybody? based on my experiences, i met plenty of white people who didn't like me just b/c i was mex american. i grew up in south texas, if that gives you a hint (in the early 70s). the mindset was much different than what it is now. i would prejudge this guy b/c his stance appears hypocritical b/c his immigration procedure is so radically privileged compared to that of other origin countries. i also don't like his hair and his accent.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
when did i ever say that i "hated" anybody? based on my experiences, i met plenty of white people who didn't like me just b/c i was mex american. i grew up in south texas, if that gives you a hint (in the early 70s). the mindset was much different than what it is now. i would prejudge this guy b/c his stance appears hypocritical b/c his immigration procedure is so radically privileged compared to that of other origin countries. i also don't like his hair and his accent.
You are right on about the dry foot wet foot fiasco that we have allowed. That should be stopped and immediately, in my opinion. That does not give any right at all for Mexicans to believe they have some sort of right to enter our country illegally. I am not saying that you feel that way.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:23 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
You are right on about the dry foot wet foot fiasco that we have allowed. That sgould be stopped and immediately, in my opinion. That does not give any right at all for Mexicans to believe they have some sort of right to enter our country illegally. I am not saying that you feel that way.

agreed. thank you, point for you.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
agreed. thank you, point for you.
I am against that policy and always have. In fact, they should be treated just the same as any illegal that comes to this country. At least we agree on a couple of points and I think that is a good thing.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
I live in Fl and I have been very surprised to see how Cubans appear to look down on other non cuban hispanics. Some of my co workers are Cuban, and most consider themself white. Cubans are the most reluctant of all Hispanics to make English their first languge. Dont believe me, spend a day in Miami.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:21 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I live in Fl and I have been very surprised to see how Cubans appear to look down on other non cuban hispanics. Some of my co workers are Cuban, and most consider themself white. Cubans are the most reluctant of all Hispanics to make English their first languge. Dont believe me, spend a day in Miami.
There is a tremendous 'White Supremacist' streak in Hispanic culture------their standard of beauty is white skin and blue eyes.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:44 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
This anchor baby law really needs to be changed!

1 million illegal mexican pregnant women sneaked across the border to spit-out another anchor baby. Do you realize how much that alone.. had cost American tax payers! Not even counting the future costs for welfare, education, and future healthcare costs for these anchor babies.

Law needs to be changed.. NOW.

Having the law to where as, the mother needs to be a U.S. citizen TO BEGIN WITH.. if not.. child does NOT get automatic citizenship would GREATLY reduce the numbers of mexican illegals all on it's own, and we Americans wouldn't have to foot the bill any longer as well!
Whats your source on the 1 million illegal immigrant Mexican women sneaked across the border and had their babies? I'm against this as much as the next guy but lets see your source.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
There is a tremendous 'White Supremacist' streak in Hispanic culture------their standard of beauty is white skin and blue eyes.
Then I guess American culture is also White Supremacist, our standard of beauty is White skin and blue eyes as well. Disagree? Ask American Eagle or Abercrombie and Fitch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration