U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,951,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Whats your source on the 1 million illegal immigrant Mexican women sneaked across the border and had their babies? I'm against this as much as the next guy but lets see your source.
all that you would need to do is to know how many childbirths were medi-cal funded and borne from illegal alien mothers. i am sure that each county would compile this info to the State of CAlif. by law, even in a "conservative" state like texas, the gov't has to pay for all expenses related to the birth of the new "american citizen".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,449,683 times
Quote:
Then I guess American culture is also White Supremacist, our standard of beauty is White skin and blue eyes as well. Disagree? Ask American Eagle or Abercrombie and Fitch.
I think this is the norm for all races. I've heard this all my life, from people all over the world.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:23 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,922,368 times
Quote:
Whats your source on the 1 million illegal immigrant Mexican women sneaked across the border and had their babies? I'm against this as much as the next guy but lets see your source.

you know.. everytime the mexicans are shown in a bad way.. a pro-illegal says.. where's your proof. Then when we show them, they (pro-illegals) just come up with some other excuse.. We are tired of having to show the same things over and over again to you pro-illegals.. When "WE" ask you guys a question... it's gets REAL quiet in here.. and the question gets passed-over, with some other bla bla bla.. so NO.. I will no longer show proof... you want to know the real facts.. go look for yourself! Because when we do go thru the trouble of posting the facts.. you still.. sway from the issue, illegals from south of the border are ruining America! In your eyes.. they do NO wrong!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I think this is the norm for all races. I've heard this all my life, from people all over the world.
The difference though is that a 'person of color'------including a dark skinned 'Anglo' has a much better chance of succeeding here in the USA than in most other places.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:47 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,990,689 times
The so-called "anchor baby" law is now paticular to the United States. Only canada has a similar law. Both Australia and New Zealand have repealed their law with regard to "automatic" citizenship.

Such laws may have had a practical purpose during the late 18th and early 19th century but today no nation has that much of a need of new immigrants.

There are many reasons for a person to seek citizenship in a nation where they were born or raised but are not legal citizens of that country but in most cases they must go through channels to obtain that citizenship.

For example, all of my children were born in Spain but neither my wife nor I were or are Spanish citizens. After a time in the United States two of my children decided that they were more at home and more used to Spain so the went back. It took them a lengthy process to gain Spanish citizenship. The fact that they were born there did help some as well as being fluent in the language but the help was not "official" help. it depended much on the lawyers and the immigration judges. The kids never once complained. They saw the process as natural and normal and followed through with it. Today they both have Spanish citizenship and live there under normal circumstances without worry about green cards (all nations have them) or periodic renewals of their alien registration status. There is no real necesity in the US for the "anchor baby" law and we should do as other nations do and discontinue it.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
I believe that Mexico has a birthright citizenship law similar to the USA's.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:23 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,122,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
i only wish that they could have found a better poster child for this cause. a cuban american does not face the same immigration procedures as any other country does. they have the "dry foot, wet foot" policy which protects them and guarantees them a path to citizenship. it would have been better if you had found a true mexicano americano to represent this fight, which i support, instead of an anglo wanna-be bleach blond cubano.
I have family who are Cuban. They have been here since the 1950s, way before Castro.... they saw the writing on the wall and left. Immigration by the system and no wet foot/dry foot. No one "gave" them citizenship. You are being racist to say that is the only way Cubans came. That being said, My sisterinlaw is 3rd generation and her kids are 4th generation ( her side) and they are 7th generation on my brother's side. BTW, the kids are blue eyed blondes, even if more Cuban than any other ethnic group.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:35 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,321 times
Quote:
Since we have over 300,000 anchor babies born in the US EVERY year, year after year, 1 million Mexican women sneaking across the border to have their anchor babies seems way too low.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:35 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,990,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I believe that Mexico has a birthright citizenship law similar to the USA's.
I don't think they do but could you check that. Someone in your state must know. The reason that I doubt that they do is simply their treatment of immigrants from the south.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:50 AM

11,435 posts, read 15,951,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
I have family who are Cuban. They have been here since the 1950s, way before Castro.... they saw the writing on the wall and left. Immigration by the system and no wet foot/dry foot. No one "gave" them citizenship. You are being racist to say that is the only way Cubans came. That being said, My sisterinlaw is 3rd generation and her kids are 4th generation ( her side) and they are 7th generation on my brother's side. BTW, the kids are blue eyed blondes, even if more Cuban than any other ethnic group.
so what, you want a medal because your kids are "gueros"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration