U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
he has personally attacked everyone of my views... degrades everyone else on here who is anti-illegal... makes it a point time and time again.. that he and his family have come legally from the beginning, which is not case.. claims not to be pro-illegal.. just thinks we should give amnesty to the 20 million who are here already, why.. because many are relatives.. he has stated many times he has many friends, who even own homes who are illegals.. he has MANY TIMES posted personal attacks on those here who only are standing up for thier American rights.. so we are to just sit back and let someone who lies and twists every issue ... if you are gonna attack Americans who are only standing up for what they have worked so hard for.. you better come prepared...
He has made it a huge issue.. constantly mentioning how his father came legally.. constantly changing his story to suit him.. the whole point is.. he constantly has bragged about his family.. which I could care less about, constantly bringing up his family all on his own.. trying to show everyone on here his family has been completely legal and law abiding U.S. citizens from the very first time they set foot here.. Why he wants us all to believe all this? Why.. I don't know. But he brings it up.. so when I catch him in a lie... his story completely changes.. I could care less.. But don't keep badgering and putting us all down because you don't want to hear the truth! If you want to be in here and be pro-illegal.. fine. if you NEED to mention things about your family, fine.. but when you get caught in a lie... don't defend it with more lies. Check his past posts.. first thier rich.. than not so rich.. first they own/sell a lot of property.. then not so much, first daddy is making 15 an hour, then another post 34 an hour.. I don't care.. I DON'T CARE.. but coming in here spewing pro-illegal crap.. and trying to make your self look good in process.. you better have your stories in check.. if you are gonna badger me on every issue.. you better be prepared to have your stories and statements straight.. enough said!
my ignore list just grew..
Dont let him bother you, he is just a KID( sorry PL you are), doesn't know how this will affect his future yet. He will find all this out later. He hasn't seen how it affects others in America because he is in his own little world right now, most kids are.That and sesme his family has experience with this subject, so a little biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 08:30 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,183,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
Ive watched a lot of youtube clips from the debates and have never heard him say that. Tell me which debate it was so I can see for myself.
Cannot remember exactly which one but he said it is not against the law for them to be here. A couple debates ago. Cannot remember exactly which one.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:37 AM

I think we need to deport even the anchor babies and the entire family. No more automatic citizenship at all to anyone.
Time to stop the insanity, they ALL must go. Round up the entire family and deport them. If they are legal and they have the paperwork they can come back in legally.

TOTAL DEPORTATION STARTS NOW !

Old 01-28-2008, 09:05 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
I think people are being a bit too harsh with PL. I am not sure if there is a firm definition of an 'anchor baby', but to me an anchor baby is the term used when parents who are here illegally have a child to anchor them in the US. They know that it will be more difficult to deport them if there is a US citizen in the family. The American child can than be used to acquire citizenship for the parents, once he/she is of age and they can then begin bringing in other family members. If the child's father is already a US citizen then he does not need to worry about deportation and since he already has citizenship he does not need the child to sponsor him. If the child's mother is here legally and is going to receive US citizenship anyhow because she is married to an American, then she does not need a child to either anchor her in the US or sponsor her for citizenship. If people who are here legally and have gone through the correct procedures to become a citizen have a baby, I personally do not consider that baby an anchor. They do not need an anchor to keep them in the US, they are already on their way to citizenship.
I don't always see eye to eye with PL, we are at different points in our lives and our experiences differ alot BUT from what I have read his situation does not meet the criteria for a true anchor baby.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:26 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I think we need to deport even the anchor babies and the entire family. No more automatic citizenship at all to anyone.
Time to stop the insanity, they ALL must go. Round up the entire family and deport them. If they are legal and they have the paperwork they can come back in legally.

TOTAL DEPORTATION STARTS NOW !
I have no heartburn with ending the 'Anchor Baby' rule starting, say, July 1st, 2008 with the proviso of grandfathering those born before the end of June 2008.

In all fairness; most of the extant Anchors would leave here with their illegal parents and I doubt that they even return here to except to visit.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 PM

902 posts, read 506,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have no heartburn with ending the 'Anchor Baby' rule starting, say, July 1st, 2008 with the proviso of grandfathering those born before the end of June 2008.

In all fairness; most of the extant Anchors would leave here with their illegal parents and I doubt that they even return here to except to visit.
Which would only be good for our country. They are being taught to hate and do nothing but damage to our country anyway.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:20 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Which would only be good for our country. They are being taught to hate and do nothing but damage to our country anyway.
If thats what they're learning in the American schools I guess. I have immigrant parents too and they've never taught me about damaging the U.S.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:54 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
If thats what they're learning in the American schools I guess. I have immigrant parents too and they've never taught me about damaging the U.S.
Not everyone comes here with the intent of being Americans as your parents did. I have met many that hate Americans are only here to pave their way to a cushier life in Mexico.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Dont not think so. Our schools are overboard with liberal minds and that is what is poisioning the kids minds.

There is a HUGE difference in your folks and the people the thread is about.

The Mexicans do not want to be like us, have no interest in America and have already proven without any doubt they are here to change America into Mexico. They have no respect for American unlike most legal immigrators.

Your folks came here to be one of us, learn to be an American, learn our langauge, our culture and our ways and to become an American. These illegals are not.

Please don't compare the two, it is a completely different. Nice try but these people are far smarter to think you would even lump them together.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Not everyone comes here with the intent of being Americans as your parents did. I have met many that hate Americans are only here to pave their way to a cushier life in Mexico.
Someone who posts on here.. HAS stated. after daddy quits working.. he plans on packing up and head-back to mexico.. so you are correct.. pave thier way.. back to mexico..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or