Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:43 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm talking about his immigration stance. This is the immigration forum after all is it not?
PUTTING TROOPS ON THE BORDER PL

To protect our borders

Immigration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
If you think about it.. thinking that the border fence isn't important and not enforcing it is sort of the same statement. If you don't think its important than why enforce it? Think about it.. a fence is more long term than troops. Say you have 10,000 troops on the border with a salary of $30k a year? thats $300,000,000 a year. Thats way more than what they are costing us.
But they would be doing much more than a fence. Can a fence be mobilized? Can a fence fire back at an enemy? A fence can be climbed, troops cant. A fence can be dug under, troops can't.

We wouldn't need nearly that many troops on the border. With Paul as president, ENFORCING THE LAW, they really would have no reason to try to come here in the first place.

Plus he advocates amending Constitution to remove aliens' birthright citizenship. What other candidate says that?

But if you want to go on believing he is soft on illegal immigration, knock yourself out.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:20 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,654 times
Ron Paul said in the debate the the law reads they are not illegal....???

Also, we are not giving the American people credit, things are changing and people want the illegal out and are FINALLY speaking out and doing something.

This is not a party issue to me, I see the American PEOPLE as a whole are tired of illegals and want they are doing to our country.

The more we stand up and demand the deportation of them to more people will listen.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,341,713 times
some who post on here.. REALLY DON'T want that border protected AT ALL!
Hidden agenda.. mostly because they still have too many relatives who want to sneak over.. simple as that!

We can travel over to another country and help them secure thier borders.. but we can't seem to do the same for ours! We still have plenty of National Gaurdmen who could do the job!

Give them the authority to actually secure the border.. not just there to count the illegals sneaking across!

Give them the power to use what is needed to end this phethetic infestation of criminals!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Ron Paul said in the debate the the law reads they are not illegal....???
Ive watched a lot of youtube clips from the debates and have never heard him say that. Tell me which debate it was so I can see for myself.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:32 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
Ive watched a lot of youtube clips from the debates and have never heard him say that. Tell me which debate it was so I can see for myself.
yea me neither. Never heard him say that and I watched the debates.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:19 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
some who post on here.. REALLY DON'T want that border protected AT ALL!
Hidden agenda.. mostly because they still have too many relatives who want to sneak over.. simple as that!

We can travel over to another country and help them secure thier borders.. but we can't seem to do the same for ours! We still have plenty of National Gaurdmen who could do the job!

Give them the authority to actually secure the border.. not just there to count the illegals sneaking across!

Give them the power to use what is needed to end this phethetic infestation of criminals!
Thats Ron Paul for you guys.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
yea me neither. Never heard him say that and I watched the debates.
Yeah. I'll be surprised if I get an answer.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Thats Ron Paul for you guys.
I dont blame you guys. If I was pro illegal, I'd be trying to talk people out of voting for Paul too.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:31 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
I dont blame you guys. If I was pro illegal, I'd be trying to talk people out of voting for Paul too.
Who said I was pro-illegal? I was for Ron Paul believe it or not, until I looked more into depth on his stances.
  • Present scientific facts that support creationism. (Sep 2007)
wtf? And he also wants to change the separation from church and state. I think Mitt is a better candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration