U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 02:32 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,926,944 times

Advertisements

I do not believe for one minute that your parents.. both of them, went thru the LEGAL process BEFORE they ever stepped foot into the U.S.
I am sure the had sneaked across like all the others do.. started spittin-out anchor babies.. THEN started the legal process.. or was one of the lucky ones durring those pesky amnesty days...

you had even stated in the past that your mother came first.. and your father came later.. Now .. where I come from that reads.. pregnant illegal-mommy sneaks over first.. pops out anchor baby.. illegal daddy sneaks over later to help with more anchor babies.. thats how I see it.. and many others on here would agree.. History has a way of repeating itself.. and when you have 5 million illegals doing this... anything else would surely be VERY hard to believe otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 02:40 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,169,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
I do not believe for one minute that your parents.. both of them, went thru the LEGAL process BEFORE they ever stepped foot into the U.S.
I am sure the had sneaked across like all the others do.. started spittin-out anchor babies.. THEN started the legal process.. or was one of the lucky ones durring those pesky amnesty days...
1. Amnesty was given in the 80's, my dad came here with a passport to attend elementary school all the way through the middle of junior high.

2. He went back to Mexico, then came back at around my age to begin work.

3. He then went back to Mexico to marry my mother. By then my dad was already an American citizen. He took the test and everything. Then there is some law that allows American citizens to bring in foreign spouses in which he did. I was born in 1990 in which all medical bills were paid by my father. I am as American as any child of ellis island immigrants that were born in the U.S.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
let me see.. your parents.. who you SAY came legally to MY country are and were born in mexico.. so "who's" founding fathers are you speaking of?
I asked my brother who the founding father was who happens to be 8 years old. HE even knows who the founding fathers are.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
1. Amnesty was given in the 80's, my dad came here with a passport to attend elementary school all the way through the middle of junior high.

2. He went back to Mexico, then came back at around my age to begin work.

3. He then went back to Mexico to marry my mother. By then my dad was already an American citizen. He took the test and everything. Then there is some law that allows American citizens to bring in foreign spouses in which he did. I was born in 1990 in which all medical bills were paid by my father. I am as American as any child of ellis island immigrants that were born in the U.S.
then your are lying about something.. you, in a past post STATED.. your mother came to the U.S. FIRST and your father came later.. your words.. not mine.. you better keep tract of your lies so you can re-check them..

Old 01-26-2008, 02:51 PM

9,713 posts, read 9,528,530 times
Quote:
I am not sure how you came to your conclusions about that. Because he is anti abortion? How about these points from your website?:

Bush's faith-based initiative is "a neocon project". (Oct 2007)
Voted NO on treating religious organizations equally for tax breaks. (Jul 2001)
Voted NO on responsible fatherhood via faith-based organizations. (Nov 1999)

Since he believes in complete individual liberty, you will find statements like the one above about creationism. He would probably say the same about evolution. The statements on the website really do lend themselves to misinterpretation as they are not well defined in context.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
then your are lying about something.. you, in a past post STATED.. your mother came to the U.S. FIRST and your father came later.. your words.. not mine.. you better keep tract of your lies so you can re-check them..

What the hell? Show me this post, I'm excited to see it because I have never said that. Jesus now I'm accused of being an anchor baby? Who the hell am I trying to anchor? my parents are both citizens already. If they didn't even have their passport we couldn't of gone to Mexico this past summer on the air plane.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
What the hell? Show me this post, I'm excited to see it because I have never said that.
I'll find it..

Old 01-26-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I'll find it..
Looking forward to it, I would also ask for help of a Moderator too. I'm pretty sure they have logs.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:11 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,599,721 times
Quote:
I'll find it..
I think you might be mistaking Pro Logic for that other poster who would post pro-illegal stuff followed up by some bashing of the US typed in Spanish. She woulg go on and on about her parents being illegals.

But....I could be wrong.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:35 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,226,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What scares me about Mitt is he is a Mormon; and that church tends to be pro illegal immigrant--------if said illegals are Mormon as well.

A fast growing minority of Mormons are indeed Mexican (the Mestizo variety------not the 'George Romney' Anglo based cohort).
Yes, but he is not riding the fence on this one. He has been very clear about his stance on illegals. Has it on his website and has spoken about it consistently since the subject came up. I haven't seen him pander to groups about it which is a good sign..... Maybe he understands the division between church and government. I don't love the guy but I think he's our best shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or