U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:10 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,163,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No war here: I am an American, period--------like you!

I may be of Hungarian, etc. heritage but that means nothing in this discussion

Same analogy using Lawrie Sanchez; he is an Englishman, born and raised, of N Irish/Ecuadorian heritage.

Mr Sanchez is the Northern Ireland football (soccer) coach.
That may be. I do not trace my roots to America since my parents were not born here. My roots are traced back to Mexico and Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 11:19 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,903,734 times
Civil war is coming, and all the sooner if one of the dimlibs is elected: Obama, Clinton or McCain (a fluke, fake Rep). A radical thought is to divide up the country now to prevent the bloodshed. We can't afford an internal war on top of the Middle East crap going on.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,220,459 times
I've had the same thing on mind for along time. On the Oklahoma forum, you'd be surprise the see how many people are either planning to leave or already have left Ca. to OK. Including myself.
I think citizens will be heading for the states that have the new Immagration Law like AZ, and OK. and many other states are in the proccess of following.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:12 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
mkfarnan and lilypad:

Now that Arizona is solidly anti illegal immigrant along with Oklahoma; it would be interesting to see how the USA would indeed fracture.

The much more likely scenario IMHO is that Mexico will likely shatter instead with Nuevo Leon, etc. pulling a 'Texas 1836'; telling Mexico to buzz off then petition to join the USA.

That may explain in part Mexico's extremist rhetoric directed towards the USA-------Mx knows what would happen if 5-10 million illegals were deported back.

The above people tasted respect in this country despite their status and may very well demand no less from the Mexican elite.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:02 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Quote:
mkfarnan and lilypad:

That may explain in part Mexico's extremist rhetoric directed towards the USA-------Mx knows what would happen if 5-10 million illegals were deported back.

The above people tasted respect in this country despite their status and may very well demand no less from the Mexican elite.
I think the Mexican elite would shudder in fear of that scenario.

Yet -- it could be the best thing that could happen to Mexico. It would be reform -- and right now -- or else.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 PM

I just posted, that Kansas and Missouri are about to follow.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
mkfarnan and lilypad:

Now that Arizona is solidly anti illegal immigrant along with Oklahoma; it would be interesting to see how the USA would indeed fracture.

The much more likely scenario IMHO is that Mexico will likely shatter instead with Nuevo Leon, etc. pulling a 'Texas 1836'; telling Mexico to buzz off then petition to join the USA.

I thought AZ. initiated the Bill before OK. I remember when I lived in Ca. Az. was trying to initiate a bill but the ACLU was all over it. was it the HB200?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration