U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 02:06 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,068,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Sarcasm is supposed to be funny.

Uh...no.

Humor is supposed to be funny, of which, your attempt here has failed miserably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 02:08 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
All of you may indeed be onto something: and it could be jealousy goading the self anointed 'elite' to try to have a 'Mexican' style society.

Almost as if the 'powers to be'; most of whom were working people 1-2 generations back seem to want to shut the gate into Middle Class behind them.

Paranoid or prescient? You decide.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:19 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,484,664 times
immigration keep labor down, which is will of the interests
controlling congress. labor unions offset this behavior?

Old 01-25-2008, 02:22 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,068,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
immigration keep labor down, which is will of the interests
controlling congress. labor unions offset this behavior?
Yes, they do.

In fact, a very reasonable argument can be made that the drastic increase in illegal immigration during Reagan's terms was a planned, directed attack to weaken workers' unions.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:28 PM

902 posts, read 507,036 times
Default A funny I got in the email....

A funny I got in the email....

The other day, I needed to go to the emergency room. Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Air Force fatigues and stuck a patch that I had downloaded off the Internet onto the front of my shirt.

When I went into the E.R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left. I guess they decided that they weren't that sick after all.

Here's the patch. Feel free to use it the next time you're in need of quicker emergency service.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/Ozark-Baby/borderpatrolpatch.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-25-2008, 02:29 PM

902 posts, read 507,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yes, they do.

In fact, a very reasonable argument can be made that the drastic increase in illegal immigration during Reagan's terms was a planned, directed attack to weaken workers' unions.
I do believe that to be true.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:44 PM

13,057 posts, read 21,189,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post

The other day, I needed to go to the emergency room. Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Air Force fatigues and stuck a patch that I had downloaded off the Internet onto the front of my shirt.

When I went into the E.R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left. I guess they decided that they weren't that sick after all.

Here's the patch. Feel free to use it the next time you're in need of quicker emergency service.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/Ozark-Baby/borderpatrolpatch.jpg (broken link)
Wouldn't work here in So Cal - not only do we have special order 40, but if someone around here went into an area of predominantly illegal aliens, they could likely be executed with a machete or jumped by a gang of vatos.

The illegal community here is like a shadow society that floats around in untouchable impunity, and they are all too aware of it.

Last edited by DontH8Me; 01-25-2008 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: corrected a word

Old 01-25-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Wouldn't work here in So Cal - not only do we have special order 40, but if someone around here went into an area of predominantly illegal aliens, they could likely be executed with a machete or jumped by a gang of vatos.

The illegal community here is like a shadow society that floats around in untouchable impunity, and they are all too aware of it.
That 'Special Order 40' needs to be declared illegal.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post

I loooove it!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:33 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,903,734 times
Me too! I want a real one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or