Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:01 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I hope neighboring states DO look to Oklahoma to show how it's done. And as everyone agrees - there's no animosity towards all immigrants. Just the illegal ones.

Love it. Absolutely love it!

Okay.. I know this has been said about a billion times - but in case people are too dense: Legal Immigrants are fine. Illegal immigrants are unwanted. Boohoo if the process is "hard" or "complicated".

I think it's honestly great that a state has taken the initiative to actually enforce the laws of our nation. I also think that it's sad and pathetic that a pair of stupid parents let their kid die a horrible and painful death because they were afraid of being deported.
We have too many legal and illegal immigrants at this time and there are statitics that show it's hurting America greatly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 06:28 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If getting rid of Mexicans has helped Mexico's economy -- and obviously the Mexican government very much believes it does -- then why is it any different here?

If illegals were actually good for an economy then their own government would want them back -- it doesn't.
Master stroke there; malamute!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:32 AM

902 posts, read 717,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
You should stop with this kind of talk.
He can't help it because he loves illegals and thinks that they should be able to do as they please.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:33 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
We have too many legal and illegal immigrants at this time and there are statitics that show it's hurting America greatly.
In all fairness; once about 80% of the illegals including their Anchor Babies were deported, the legal immigrants would not be a problem IMHO

As for the present Anchors; they could return to the USA at age 18, but for some reason I doubt most would even bother.

Note that Mexico's birthrate is under 2.4 children per woman and continuing to decline (replacement level is 2.1) so that country will likely need the additional people.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:43 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness; once about 80% of the illegals including their Anchor Babies were deported, the legal immigrants would not be a problem IMHO

As for the present Anchors; they could return to the USA at age 18, but for some reason I doubt most would even bother.

Note that Mexico's birthrate is under 2.4 children per woman and continuing to decline (replacement level is 2.1) so that country will likely need the additional people.
This all makes sense, thanks.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:48 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
The law has had negative effects Oklahoma's economy, there have been numerous articles on the subject.
Hummmmm.....no. There have been a few articles circulated numerous times.
There is a difference.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
That would be similar to American parents visiting in another country who preferred to let their child die rather than cut their trip short by being in a country where their insurance didn't cover their health care.

This boils down to child neglect and abuse -- nothing more. Even without a free emergency room visit, nothing at all stopped these parents from taking the child to a doctor's office.
I agree this is child abuse and neglect. I can't quite believe parents would not seek care for a baby who had been sick for 10 days. That child suffered horribly before he died. Their deportation fears are nonsense. If the child was an American citizen he was obviously born in a US hospital and the parents were not sent home then. Hospitals do not report people to ICE, illegals know this and that is why they go to the ER. Did these parents ask anyone what to do? As much as I do not care for LaRaza and the other groups, if the parents had made a phone call to them I am sure they would have helped calm the parents fears and get the infant to the ER. A priest or pastor could also have assisted getting medical help. If they had just made a phone call to a clinic someone would have told them to bring the baby in right away. It sounds like they simply did nothing until it was too late. And that is inexcusable.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If the child was an American citizen he was obviously born in a US hospital and the parents were not sent home then.
Exactly. It sounds to me that once they got the birth certificate, they really didn't care much one way or the other about that infant.

Even if it had something to do with the laws of that state -- then nothing stopped them from going into another state to get free health care with no fear of deporation. Texas would have been nothing but a short trip.

For many of these people, life is cheap. One baby doesn't live, no big deal, there's more where it came from.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:16 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Quote:
Exactly. It sounds to me that once they got the birth certificate, they really didn't care much one way or the other about that infant.

Even if it had something to do with the laws of that state -- then nothing stopped them from going into another state to get free health care with no fear of deporation. Texas would have been nothing but a short trip.

For many of these people, life is cheap. One baby doesn't live, no big deal, there's more where it came from.
Let me try to comprehend what your trying to say. Your saying that after illegals have their child, they don't care about the baby and abandon this. Is this what you are say?

Old 02-02-2008, 12:45 AM

52 posts, read 141,510 times
"It was a total tragedy because the bill was there to create the myths and untruths and the fear."

I don't understand...all of the pro-illegal activists out there didn't put the word out about free emergency visits that could have saved this baby? There is a network that informs, if these parents didn't take their baby to the hospital, it wasn't out of fear, but out of neglect. It happens in every race, child neglect and abuse is common, why should illegal immigrants be assumed to be naturally protective peoples. Where there is a will there is a way...these parents, if not willfully neglectful, would have found help for their baby, no matter the consequences. Really, the choice is, live in the US or save their childs life...only one of those things is negotiable to a parent. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration