U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:18 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times

Advertisements

Not only is emergency medical care exempt (for illegals) from the Oklahoma bill, Oklahoma went way beyond the "line of duty" in having pamphlets made in Spanish, and delivered to neighborhoods/work places where a large number of known illegals live and work. They were handed out to social services to hand out, schools, all businesses ran by Hispanics, and I'm sure more that that. I can't remember all the places they were delivered. Not once, but multiple times, to make sure as many people as possible could be reached. They did a great job informing Hispanics of the law. There were telephone #s listed in case they still didn't understand. They could call someone who speaks Spanish,and the bill would be explained. There was absolutely no reason for this to happen, and the responsibility falls fully on the parents shoulders. If they didn't receive a pamphlet personally, and I doubt that happened, as many as was passed out, they had to have known or were related to someone who did receive one. We, as citizens are still paying for their emergency medical care, as well as our own.

I don't believe Mexicans don't go to the Dr. either. Heck, illegals go to the ER for a cold, if someone else is footing the bill, and yes, the majority are illegal Hispanics over other illegals. (Before the race card rears its ugly head.)

Also, illegals can still pop out multiple kids courtesy of the Oklahoma taxpayer and the Oklahoma Medical Authorities. Right before the Illegal Immigration Reform passed, the Medical Authorities voted to provide free prenatal care and birth to illegals.The concern was for the health and welfare of the babies. I wish they had the same concern for American babies. I don't know to what age this extends to, maybe well care visits for the kids until age 5, I'm not sure. I still disagree with them. When are we going to let them have the responsibility of taking care of their children?! I had to pay every penny for my kids births, but, then again, I'm just an American Citizen. If they had to pay for their own, you know they wouldn't have so many!

This whole point is moot anyway, since this tragedy happened before the law was even
enacted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 03:21 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
I think most of what you said has been covered here on the forum.. the overall all point I'm getting from your post that they are a drain on tax dollars.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:22 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Gee, me thinks the parents are the one's that brought their child here illegally......Too bad the parents didn't take care of their kid.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:35 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I think most of what you said has been covered here on the forum.. the overall all point I'm getting from your post that they are a drain on tax dollars.
And you repeat yourself ad naseum, not to mention how rude you can be. FYI, I read nothing here about the access these illegals have to the proper information, OR the fact that they are still able to have their babies free.

Last edited by Jess5; 01-26-2008 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: add

Old 01-26-2008, 04:25 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
And you repeat yourself ad naseum, not to mention how rude you can be. FYI, I read nothing here about the access these illegals have to the proper information, OR the fact that they are still able to have their babies free.
What do you think is used to pay for their services? Tax dollars! I have been told by other forum members that subjects have been "exhausted", feel the tough love.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:41 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
Are they being deported?
if not.. they'll most likely sneak over to another state and just start spittin-out more anchor babies..

Old 01-27-2008, 09:32 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Gee, me thinks the parents are the one's that brought their child here illegally......Too bad the parents didn't take care of their kid.
It comes down to "if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em". These people expect to out breed Americans and so take over this country -- but they want us to pay for their kids.

Nothing stops an illegal from using a private physician or medical clinic -- but what they want is completely free care.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:57 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
I carefully read through that piece written about the ramifications of the Okla law-------I love it!

What I take as a personal insult is those people who are here illegally whining about having to leave.

BOO HOO!

If an American tried that same crap in Mexico................

It would suck not to be a citizen of Mexico-------and, Mx would be well within their rights.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:34 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
The headline for that article should have read, "Selfish parents allow their own infant child to die by denying him emergency care to spare themselves of the possiblity of having to return to the country they belong in".

Old 01-28-2008, 12:57 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,145,091 times
Quote:
Civil rights leaders call the law xenophobic and redundant, and say other states will wrongly look to Oklahoma to push their own anti-illegal immigrant legislation......
"It's difficult for us to understand a state which is so Christian, that to have all this animosity toward immigrants is completely outrageous."
I hope neighboring states DO look to Oklahoma to show how it's done. And as everyone agrees - there's no animosity towards all immigrants. Just the illegal ones.

Quote:
"Selfish parents allow their own infant child to die by denying him emergency care to spare themselves of the possiblity of having to return to the country they belong in".
Love it. Absolutely love it!

Okay.. I know this has been said about a billion times - but in case people are too dense: Legal Immigrants are fine. Illegal immigrants are unwanted. Boohoo if the process is "hard" or "complicated".

I think it's honestly great that a state has taken the initiative to actually enforce the laws of our nation. I also think that it's sad and pathetic that a pair of stupid parents let their kid die a horrible and painful death because they were afraid of being deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or