Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:34 PM

902 posts, read 712,346 times

Advertisements

Of course they blame it on the law. It fall directly on the parents, nobody else. The sad part of it was if the child didn't have stupid parents the infant might still be alive. Let me see if I have this correct, the parents fear of deportation trumped the health of their child? That speaks volumes about the culture , doesn't it? I am more concerned about the numerous deaths of Americans directly due to an illegal alien being in this country. If laws had passed sooner, our existing immigration laws enforced and we had secured our borders long ago, thousands of American lives would have been spared. But, you know what is really sad and makes me sick, is how long that baby suffered.

Okla. Immigration Law Blamed for Infant's Death (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 08:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,003,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Of course they blame it on the law. It fall directly on the parents, nobody else. The sad part of it was if the child didn't have stupid parents the infant might still be alive. Let me see if I have this correct, the parents fear of deportation trumped the health of their child? That speaks volumes about the culture , doesn't it? I am more concerned about the numerous deaths of Americans directly due to an illegal alien being in this country. If laws had passed sooner, our existing immigration laws enforced and we had secured our borders long ago, thousands of American lives would have been spared. But, you know what is really sad and makes me sick, is how long that baby suffered.

Agreed.

With all due respect for the baby--------the parents can go straight to hell

If anything; they need to be locked up and the key thrown away.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:40 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,932,349 times
If I've learned something from George Lopez its that Mexicans don't go to the hospital for two reasons. One, they will find something wrong with them. Two, they'll get charged.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:45 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,753,027 times
Well, I read the article and its pretty interesting... illegals are leaving Oklahoma in massive droves... and the thing is... Oklahoma is doing just fine thanks... all those who say the world was going to fall apart without illegals... well they can just eat it now... and go back

Old 01-25-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Well, I read the article and its pretty interesting... illegals are leaving Oklahoma in massive droves... and the thing is... Oklahoma is doing just fine thanks... all those who say the world was going to fall apart without illegals... well they can just eat it now... and go back
Thats because.. Oklahoma doesn't have a large Hispanic population like Arizona, California or Texas. Where are they going? Their border-buddy, Texas. If you took illegals away from these illegal populated states somethings bound to happen.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:50 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,753,027 times
Well, I guess i will wait and see... expectations are low for anything to happen...

Old 01-25-2008, 08:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 41,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post

I hope someone finds out fully about these heartless parents and holds them responsible to the full extent. Don't blame the law it said that emergency room visits are exempt. No reason not to take the kid to the ER. These illegals disgust me.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I hope someone finds out fully about these heartless parents and holds them responsible to the full extent. Don't blame the law it said that emergency room visits are exempt. No reason not to take the kid to the ER. These illegals disgust me.
Then I guess you never heard about the American mother who put her baby in the microwave.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:56 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,332,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Thats because.. Oklahoma doesn't have a large Hispanic population like Arizona, California or Texas. Where are they going? Their border-buddy, Texas. If you took illegals away from these illegal populated states somethings bound to happen.
yes.. huge relief to Americans!

Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,293,463 times
A ruptured intestine that might have been treatable instead killed the U.S.-born infant, making him a poster child for opponents of House Bill 1804 months before it was enacted as the Oklahoma Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act of 2007."

Folks that bay didnt die because the law was in place.
The baby died because the parents were criminally negligant,months before the law went into effect.

The above quote is straight out of the article.
I searced our local paper for the story and nothing nada, zip. nict

"Terrill said there's no correlation between his bill and Edgar's death, noting that the child died in July, months before the law took effect, and that the law provides an exception for emergency medical care.

Last edited by Convert 54; 01-25-2008 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: new information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration