Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 07:55 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Vitter and King’s proposal would narrow the Birthright Citizenship clause to children of immigrants with green cards or immigrants in the active military, in addition to children who have at least one parent who is an American citizen.

Birthright citizenship looming as a campaign, and constitutional issue

I can accept that. It would still cut off the the kids of illegal aliens if BOTH parents were that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 08:47 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Wouldn't that be a dream come true? I don't understand why this was ever allowed in the first place. A better life for their family? They need to get it the same way that I did - the legal way.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:51 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
This is one single piece of legislation that would restore some decency and credibility in our birthright citizenship, sovereignty as a nation and would be a huge deterrent to illegal immigration.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:16 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Well, after reading the article, I see that Kasich still wants to give anchor babies citizenship. Let's hope that he doesn't even come close to getting the republican nomination come next year!

It's long past time to put an end to the anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco!

Old 08-16-2015, 06:16 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I didn't think much of Kasich at all. He came across as a Democrat in every way to me during the debates but I haven't read anything on him. I could not vote for him.

Here in KS, they moved the slaughter operations for Tyson out west yet they continue to come into our town, more and more with Obama running his mouth about amnesty, legalizing the criminals, etc. Out west, the aquifer is going to dry up and they'll be no jobs there. Those anchor babies are necessary to finance the families more so than jobs that are disappearing with high tech hitting all industries. Hills put in a state of the art dog food plant probably 4 years ago and you need an education to work there now.

Less and less jobs for citizens as we go high tech also so we need those jobs that "Americans won't do" supposedly but in the past I have posted links that said we do those jobs and blacks, with probably the highest unemployment rate, traditionally do those jobs in the inner city.

I have noticed a lot of very short and small, very dark people that are coming in now. Not sure what country they are from but we all know if the southern border was secure, they wouldn't be here.

When a family considers their children a financial asset, I have no use for them no matter their color or citizenship status.

I have seen those advertisements online about birthright tourism. They made my hair stand on in!

This is a good article for those that aren't familiar with what is going on and how hard it is hitting us financially: http://toprightnews.com/anchor-baby-...-births-video/

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 08-16-2015 at 06:38 AM..

Old 08-16-2015, 11:49 AM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Wouldn't that be a dream come true? I don't understand why this was ever allowed in the first place. A better life for their family? They need to get it the same way that I did - the legal way.
Correct

The (R's) are negotiating from a position of weakness, when there is no need to. The laws on the books should be enforced and the border sealed. When you have water pouring into the hull, you do not waste time with other things until you fix the leak.
Secure the border without any attached amendments. Then enforce all the existing laws, especially those on businesses that hire illegals. Watch how fast illegal aliens go back to Mexico if the work dries up here. As to the criminals, deport them directly back to their country of origin, like the gang members of MS-13, straight back to El Salvador.

Those three things alone will have a positive impact, and go a long way for people like me who do not trust the current and future administrations to not play politics with this issue.

`

Old 08-16-2015, 12:09 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Married couples from third world countries frequently visit USA to give birth to a child and then go back to their homeland with their newborn and his/her US birth certificate. This helps secure a future for their kids when the grow up. This is quite common amongst the rich/middle-class families from China, India, Pakistan, Egypt, etc.

36,000 babies are born in America to foreigners who want their kids to have US citizenship | Daily Mail Online

Birthright citizenship is just one of the many topics that USA is being abused on.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:00 PM

624 posts, read 379,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Married couples from third world countries frequently visit USA to give birth to a child and then go back to their homeland with their newborn and his/her US birth certificate. This helps secure a future for their kids when the grow up. This is quite common amongst the rich/middle-class families from China, India, Pakistan, Egypt, etc.

36,000 babies are born in America to foreigners who want their kids to have US citizenship | Daily Mail Online

Birthright citizenship is just one of the many topics that USA is being abused on.
I've heard of that happening. One of my cousins wanted to do that, but I advised against it.

But with that said, if they are coming from rich, educated, and successful families, then those are probably the ones that we would welcome here anyways.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:21 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
I've heard of that happening. One of my cousins wanted to do that, but I advised against it.

But with that said, if they are coming from rich, educated, and successful families, then those are probably the ones that we would welcome here anyways.
And that only makes sense as they wouldn't be a burden to our country. Third world, poor, uneducated and unskilled are and would be.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:32 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
We need to end this madness already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration