U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-26-2008, 08:36 AM
 
902 posts, read 506,858 times
Reputation: 184

Advertisements

More proof of the harm that these children cause our country.

Anchor Babies Weigh Down Economy

JOHN REINIERS, Special to Hernando Today
Published: January 26, 2008

About every six months the population of the U.S. increases about as much as the population of Tallahassee. Who are these hundreds of thousands of new citizens? They are newborns, children of illegal aliens born in the United States - birthright citizens, "anchor babies" - not illegal aliens. This quirky legal right then allows the mother's parents and siblings to remain, and later a whole bunch of their relatives to immigrate legally. This why they are also known as "Jackpot babies."

The U.S. and a few other countries offer citizenship to anyone born on their soil. The United Kingdom and Australia abandoned this practice in the 1980s after being abused by immigrants for many years.

Last edited by ontheroad; 02-22-2008 at 02:26 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2008, 08:58 AM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,923,445 times
Reputation: 393
and the abuse to real Americans continues!

This anchor baby crap needs to STOP!

They know for a fact.. all they have to do is sneak over, not get caught, and start spittin-out those babies! FREE RIDE!

Then they smuggle in daddy illegal.. who in turn takes away a job from an American while illegal mommy sits on her butt reaping in FREE healthcare, welfare, foodstamps, and so-on... then, now since daddy illegal is here now hiding.. he can pregnate her some more, so she can UP her welfare benifits some more.. while illegal daddy goes out and takes that job, wage cuts an American!

Then illegal daddy in-turn.. can send that money back to mexico or where ever.. to help pay for some more pregnant illegal mommies to get smuggled over.. so the ABUSE of America continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
More proof of the harm that these children cause our country.

Anchor Babies Weigh Down Economy

JOHN REINIERS, Special to Hernando Today
Published: January 26, 2008

About every six months the population of the U.S. increases about as much as the population of Tallahassee. Who are these hundreds of thousands of new citizens? They are newborns, children of illegal aliens born in the United States - birthright citizens, "anchor babies" - not illegal aliens. This quirky legal right then allows the mother's parents and siblings to remain, and later a whole bunch of their relatives to immigrate legally. This why they are also known as "Jackpot babies."

[Mod Cut/copyright]
Add France and Ireland to that list as well.

Last edited by ontheroad; 02-22-2008 at 02:25 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2008, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Reputation: 3028
I have never been able to grasp this concept: 1 illegal alien male + 1 illegal alien female = 1 legal U.S. child. Itís as logical as saying 1 cup of sugar + 1 cup of sugar = 2 cups of flour.

I was taught two wrongs donít make a right. I guess illegal aliens are the exception to the rule.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2008, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have never been able to grasp this concept: 1 illegal alien male + 1 illegal alien female = 1 legal U.S. child. It’s as logical as saying 1 cup of sugar + 1 cup of sugar = 2 cups of flour.

I was taught two wrongs don’t make a right. I guess illegal aliens are the exception to the rule.
Twisted interpretation of the 14th Amendment-------along the same basic lines of justifying the old Jim Crow laws of 2 generations ago.

'Separate but equal' comes to mind.

'My lawyer can beat up your lawyer'--------in the court of public opinion.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2008, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,398,817 times
Reputation: 392
Unfortunately, I don't see this anchor baby industry abuse ending anytime soon. Politically, I think that the Democratic politicians see each new anchor baby as a probable new Democratic voter, and will continue to oppose any legislation that would change the interpretation of the 14th amendment.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2008, 12:08 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,923,445 times
Reputation: 393
Keeping those illegal mommy-anchors OUT! Keeping those illegal mommy-anchors from being able to sneak over in the FIRST PLACE would GREAT reduce the numbers!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2008, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Unfortunately, I don't see this anchor baby industry abuse ending anytime soon. Politically, I think that the Democratic politicians see each new anchor baby as a probable new Democratic voter, and will continue to oppose any legislation that would change the interpretation of the 14th amendment.
Not just the Dems; many big business owners who are Republican also looove the idea of a quasi slave underclass AKA illegal immigrants and consider Anchor babies 'collateral damage'.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2008, 01:15 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,162,786 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
and the abuse to real Americans continues!

This anchor baby crap needs to STOP!

They know for a fact.. all they have to do is sneak over, not get caught, and start spittin-out those babies! FREE RIDE!

Then they smuggle in daddy illegal.. who in turn takes away a job from an American while illegal mommy sits on her butt reaping in FREE healthcare, welfare, foodstamps, and so-on... then, now since daddy illegal is here now hiding.. he can pregnate her some more, so she can UP her welfare benifits some more.. while illegal daddy goes out and takes that job, wage cuts an American!

Then illegal daddy in-turn.. can send that money back to mexico or where ever.. to help pay for some more pregnant illegal mommies to get smuggled over.. so the ABUSE of America continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its only as easy as changing the 14th Amendment
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2008, 01:20 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,795,208 times
Reputation: 620
Well the law is the law, so enforce the law we have on the books right now concerning babies born in the United States. We don't need any new intepretations or any change in the 14th ammendments. Just Enforce it.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top