Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 06:06 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,274,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
There is an easy answer to the fun they were having with numbers in that article.

The easy answer is that we need immigrants to achieve population growth, without immigrants our population does not grow. So in their numbers, it's just fun math.
We can't even employ the people in the United States now. What good is it to increase our numbers besides propping up the Ponzi social security scheme and the continuation of cheap labor?

Here is a hint. None.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 06:08 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,274,313 times
Quote:
There is an easy answer to the fun they were having with numbers in that article.

The easy answer is that we need immigrants to achieve population growth, without immigrants our population does not grow. So in their numbers, it's just fun math.
We can't even employ the people in the United States now. What good is it to increase our numbers besides propping up the Ponzi social security scheme and the continuation of cheap labor?

Here is a hint none.

Btw nice way to avoid the whole our great job growth didn't go to Americans who were here in 2000.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:11 PM

624 posts, read 377,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Apparently, you don't live in an area that's been destroyed by illegal aliens. Those of us who have seen this happen to our neighborhoods have, indeed, been "punished". Do you really need to know all the ways illegals destroy neighborhoods and schools? Or can you figure that out on your own? If not, do some googling.
I grew up in an area that wasn't exactly affluent. That same area now has a huge percentage of illegals. It's a farming community in California.

I know the problems that come along.

I was just wondering why you thought you were being punished for having fewer kids.

What if there were more legal immigrants? Would that be punishment too?

Old 08-16-2015, 06:17 PM

22,310 posts, read 11,811,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
I grew up in an area that wasn't exactly affluent. That same area now has a huge percentage of illegals. It's a farming community in California.

I know the problems that come along.

I was just wondering why you thought you were being punished for having fewer kids.

What if there were more legal immigrants? Would that be punishment too?
First of all, I never said that I was "punished for having fewer kids". But since you brought up the subject---who do you think supports the spawn of illegal aliens? Answer---the taxpayers. Taxpayers pay for their birth and any subsequent doctor/hospital visits. Taxpayers pay for their schooling. Once illegals birth an anchor baby, the whole family is eligible for section 8 housing. Having an anchor baby means the whole family is eligible for an EBT card plus the baby gets WIC vouchers.

As for legal immigration---we currently allow in 1 million legal immigrants per year. While I applaud those who come here legally, we as a nation simply can not indefinitely take in 1 million legal immigrants per year as our resources are not finite.

Again, time for you to do some thorough research on this topic.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:56 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,411,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
First of all, I never said that I was "punished for having fewer kids". But since you brought up the subject---who do you think supports the spawn of illegal aliens? Answer---the taxpayers. Taxpayers pay for their birth and any subsequent doctor/hospital visits. Taxpayers pay for their schooling. Once illegals birth an anchor baby, the whole family is eligible for section 8 housing. Having an anchor baby means the whole family is eligible for an EBT card plus the baby gets WIC vouchers.

As for legal immigration---we currently allow in 1 million legal immigrants per year. While I applaud those who come here legally, we as a nation simply can not indefinitely take in 1 million legal immigrants per year as our resources are not finite.

Again, time for you to do some thorough research on this topic.

Unemployment rates are down. They are going to increase legal immigration as long as employment rates are good.

Immigrants are a labor force.

I don't know anything about illegal aliens obtaining section 8 housing or EBT cards. Not in my State.

Immigrants legal or illegal are a work force.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:39 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,350,603 times
Rule of thumb....
Attached Thumbnails
Enouph of this illegal immigrant noize !-illegal.jpeg  

Old 08-16-2015, 08:02 PM

62,536 posts, read 28,742,976 times
Quote:
Unemployment rates are down. They are going to increase legal immigration as long as employment rates are good.

I don't know anything about illegal aliens obtaining section 8 housing or EBT cards. Not in my State.

A workforce that we don't need at this time and we never need illegal aliens for anything. We have 23 million Americans out of work so no, employment rates are not good.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:18 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,713,779 times
Quote:

The unemployment rate going down a couple points doesn't mean much for the prosperity of most Americans. Most of the new jobs are low paying and/or part time. Not to mention that people who gave up looking are no longer counted. Buying power for the medium income worker is down about 10% in the last decade. So congratulations. We've successfully increased our poor working population and the number of people not bothering to look anymore. I guess that means we need a few more million third world immigrations for our race to accumulate poor people? Immigrants are a work force. But so are the billions in China and India, so why don't we move them all here, if that's a good thing to a bigger work force in numbers alone?

Old 08-16-2015, 08:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,833,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
How are you being punished?

Do you think that if the population demographics changed due to legal immigration, that it somehow punishes you?
Let's try this again: the "talking heads" back in the day were telling us how too many people were being born and that we needed to cut our birthrate. Birthrate has now been cut but; we're being overrun by aliens and especially ILLEGAL aliens. That's what I mean by being punished.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,833,748 times
Quote:

The only people who "need" aliens are greedy employers who DON'T wanna pay decent wages for Americans or legal aliens already in the US. IF an employer "can't" survive without his slaves AKA illegal aliens, he NEEDS to either sell out or go out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration