Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 02:52 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Right after they are given a legal status, feel free to fine em, if it makes you feel better.

In the United States, by law, legal status has to be EARNED... not granted.

Or does the law no longer matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 02:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
In the United States, by law, legal status has to be EARNED... not granted.

Or does the law no longer matter?
Not to illegal alien fans. They play dirty and when get caught, scream "racism" or something like that.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:18 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
a country without borders is not a country anymore. right now we have people that are not respecting our borders, and not respecting our laws, so they can game our system.

now personally i dont care if someone wants to immigrate here, in fact i welcome them, as long as they come here LEGALLY. do i think we need to reform our immigration laws? yes we do. but one thing we cannot tolerate is people disrespecting our borders, and disrespecting our laws.
Exactly! Also, the legal process doesn't begin on our soil. It begins by applying to come here in their own countries first and waiting for approval before entry. Not the other way around as that is illegal entry then.

Reform would mean changing our immigration laws. There is nothing in this so-called reform that changes them. It would still be against the law to enter illegally. It is amnesty, plain and simple and it allows them to follow a different path than what our policies dictate for actual legal immigration.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:23 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Hi,

I have been reading discussions on illegals for some-time now. Trump is trying to stay controversial and so he engages in troll like rhetoric that is borderline racism targeted at our neighboring country.

I have read many opinions, unill I asked myself where do these illegals live. You see, I am in NJ but this is a suburb of NYC.
Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Now as long as were talking about MY neighbors (I don't know what the situation in Florida or Texas is like) But for my neighbors, I do wish the American dream.

So. NO you will not deport my Neighbors !

I am not going to give Liberals a free pass to pass laws that make no sense, but we can move in the direction of giving illegals means to get legalized.
I didn't see drug dealers on the list..or grow house operators.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:27 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! Also, the legal process doesn't begin on our soil. It begins by applying to come here in their own countries first and waiting for approval before entry. Not the other way around as that is illegal entry then.

Reform would mean changing our immigration laws. There is nothing in this so-called reform that changes them. It would still be against the law to enter illegally. It is amnesty, plain and simple and it allows them to follow a different path than what our policies dictate for actual legal immigration.
Illegals hold all the cards now, but Trump wants to reshuffle the deck..

Illegals think they can come here and do whatever and they can.. our legislators have done nothing to keep the border closed in a serious way and we can't do anything about it as WE THE PEOPLE.. the illegals are protected more than Americans rights.. we have no rights.. we have to pay for their freeloading on the government and the government doesn't care..

Old 08-25-2015, 05:37 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Hi,

I have been reading discussions on illegals for some-time now. Trump is trying to stay controversial and so he engages in troll like rhetoric that is borderline racism targeted at our neighboring country.

I have read many opinions, unill I asked myself where do these illegals live. You see, I am in NJ but this is a suburb of NYC.
Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Now as long as were talking about MY neighbors (I don't know what the situation in Florida or Texas is like) But for my neighbors, I do wish the American dream.

So. NO you will not deport my Neighbors !

I am not going to give Liberals a free pass to pass laws that make no sense, but we can move in the direction of giving illegals means to get legalized.

"I am not going to give Liberals a free pass to pass laws that make no sense, but we can move in the direction of giving illegals means to get legalized."

But you are willing to give Liberals a free pass on ignoring laws that do make sense, right?

Old 08-28-2015, 11:22 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Incidentally Op, I have a neighbor who is from Mexico. He and his family immigrated here legally about 7 years ago legally. I am going to copy your answer, so I can show him how stupid he was for doing things the right way, according to you. I will add, they are all now US citizens and productive. Now go ahead with your rant.
Ask him how he was able to get a green card to live here in the first place. He had to be sponsored by an employer or a family member. Ask him how much the whole process cost him. Probably 10s of $1000s.

Now for all those Mexicans who are not as fortunate as your neighbor, what would you advise them to do?

Old 08-28-2015, 11:43 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Ask him how he was able to get a green card to live here in the first place. He had to be sponsored by an employer or a family member. Ask him how much the whole process cost him. Probably 10s of $1000s.

Now for all those Mexicans who are not as fortunate as your neighbor, what would you advise them to do?
I am already well aware of the sacrifices he made for him and his family. The point is that he made them. Now if you want to talk about a more streamlined means of immigration, I'm all for it, but come to this country legally. My neighbors started with nothing, but have on their own built the American dream. Others can too if they have the one element that it takes. Desire.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:05 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

They need to accept the fact that we can't take in every needy person that wants to come here, that's all. Life is tough sometimes. Make do with what you have and make changes in your own country. We aren't the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world. We have to take care of our own needy citizens. That's my advice.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:47 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am already well aware of the sacrifices he made for him and his family. The point is that he made them. Now if you want to talk about a more streamlined means of immigration, I'm all for it, but come to this country legally. My neighbors started with nothing, but have on their own built the American dream. Others can too if they have the one element that it takes. Desire.
Wrong. My point was that it takes more than desire. It takes connections and money.

Old Glory gave an answer that is a little cold, but at least honest. My point is for all those who say that illegals should go back to Mexico and get in line - there is no line for them to get into; there is no legal means for the majority to become US citizens, so it's either be illegal or stay in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration