Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 10:54 AM

587 posts, read 379,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Went to a school function that my grandson was involved in..Trust me, this woman sitting in front of us had white critters moving around in her hair... We got up and moved...
Maybe these lice are mutating to white lol?

Seriously you usually can see the eggs easier because they are white but occasionally you might actually see the lice in people's shoulders or necks. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Not to mention the sweeping resparatory illness that swept the states shortly after the 90,000 influx last year, doctors ordered to keep their mouths shut. I wonder if anyone has sued the fedgov for not doing its job

Old 09-03-2015, 02:45 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Not much more unnerving than to walk up behind someone and notice they have dandruff only to see that their dandruff is moving around...
That's all I have to say about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Generally can't see the little buggers. Unnerving for me was the lice warning note sent home from school, usually elementary years. When my kid was young, that would send me over the edge every time.
We moved here 3 years ago and my adult son with Down syndrome went into a day program. One day he came home with a note that said someone had lice so I needed to check him for lice. This came from their nurse. I called her and asked how to heck was I supposed to check for lice, no one in our family ever had them. She said "You have got to be kidding. Surely your kids brought them home from school." I said "We aren't from here."

Quote:
Went to a school function that my grandson was involved in..Trust me, this woman sitting in front of us had white critters moving around in her hair... We got up and moved...
My son likes to try on hats. We are on high alert in the stores now so he doesn't. Since our county can't get ahead of the bedbug problem, we don't do to the library and luckily, we practice natural medicine. My son no longer attends any programs here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Not to mention the sweeping resparatory illness that swept the states shortly after the 90,000 influx last year, doctors ordered to keep their mouths shut. I wonder if anyone has sued the fedgov for not doing its job
That is an interesting comment. I got something and got sicker than I have ever been. I treated it with natural medicine. Someone else I know here was told she had "pneumonia" and she had the same symptoms. Her son got it and they called it yet a 3rd thing. All were the same symptoms. So what was it? Mystery disease.

The thing with the dogs was that it was killing dogs at the animal control shelter. They could not figure out what it was. I was concerned since we have 2 dogs. A very experienced vet was looking after the dogs and couldn't figure it out. It went to the state vet college and it came back that it was, I think distemper. Ah, and this vet with probably 40 years of experience couldn't diagnose distemper? The shelter is full of pit bulls and chihuahuas. This is what I had to fear: Emporia Animal Shelter Under Quarantine Because Of Deadly Distemper Outbreak

And this is the mutant head lice problem: Mutant 'Super Head Lice' in 25 states, including Kansas

I grew up in MI. In 13 years of school - K thru 12, there was one outbreak of head lice that involved about 5 students. That was in the 60's. Where did the lice come from?

Old 09-03-2015, 02:48 PM

22,444 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
I also read that when those "children" flooded the border last year and were put in detention facilities, many of them had scabies. Many of the Border Patrol agents who were forced to be babysitters, picked up scabies and brought it home with them and their families also got infected

Old 09-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Federal Business Opportunities posted an application 6 months in advance to handle the influx of 65K unaccompanied minors.. so it appears our government is not only not doing its job, but is an accomplice in the illegal invasion of our states.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:18 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Federal Business Opportunities posted an application 6 months in advance to handle the influx of 65K unaccompanied minors.. so it appears our government is not only not doing its job, but is an accomplice in the illegal invasion of our states.
While funding for Medicaid and education are being cut already.

Obviously, these parents don't give a darn about their children. They are not citizens and can never be. Parents sit home thinking the kids will get them their ticket in. I am telling you, these people are different. They have to be the lowest of the low to not care anymore about their children than what the children can get for them. We already have enough of those people here but thankfully it isn't the majority.

2017 seems SO far away.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:19 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,488,549 times
AnywhereElse, lice has always been around.You mentioned your son liking to try on hats. That's a really easy way to get them. Saw that your adult son has downs, any program should be watching for the hat sharing issue. When my kid was young I drilled it into her not to share brushes, hats, barrettes, etc...stuff young girls don't think about. It worked because she's not particularly girly. Never had to deal with an infestation in our household but saw so many other parents go through it and it's a nightmare. And lice are becoming resistant to over the counter meds, not because of immigration but like any other thing in nature (think bacteria resistance to antibiotics) that's what happens, it's a fight.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:37 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,699,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Generally can't see the little buggers. Unnerving for me was the lice warning note sent home from school, usually elementary years. When my kid was young, that would send me over the edge every time.
Just the thought of the lice letter still makes me shudder, even though my youngest is long out or elementary school.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:38 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,699,824 times
Quote:
Is this the job creation of which our administration speaks?

Old 02-27-2016, 12:20 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
This is making the news, again. Here's the map:
‘Super lice’ outbreak hits 25 states | New York Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration