U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:50 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Don't send the illegals to us in Massachusetts, please.

Anyway there is a new law here that the illegals now have to be paid at least minimum wage! (don't ask) Anyway, that actually may help the legals because there won't be any reason to hire the illegals anymore, no slave labor.
Fair enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 07:33 AM

65 posts, read 173,236 times
"It's a sad day in the USA when citizens have to live somewhere they don't want to because all the desirable locations are taken by illegal citizens."

I agree 100%. The only thing we can do is try to put pressure on OUR state legislators to ENFORCE immigration laws. And I think there are only two candidates that will take this seriously....Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. I actually think this country will have a better chance overall with Paul but anyone else and it's almost for sure we will have amnesty and continue with open borders and NAU.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:32 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfingiskewl View Post
And what are the qualifications of Jose doing it for $500? I hope people in this country understand the phrase "you get what you pay for".

Arizona and Oklahoma have recent strict laws on illegal immigrants. But why should I feel forced to move around because illegal citizens have taken over somewhere else? It's a sad day in the USA when citizens have to live somewhere they don't want to because all the desirable locations are taken by illegal citizens.

Not to mention illegal immigration is modern day slavery.
Being economical does not justify breaking the law either.

As someone mentioned previously, there will be alot of work for you repairing the shoddy work done by illegals as these new homes begin to fall apart. We have a friend who does carpentry on the side and he has told me some real horror stories. Why would anyone think that someone standing on a street corner is going to do the same quality work as an American who has been roofing for years? In the long run it will cost more to fix someone else's mistakes than it will to do it right in the first place. And the illegal you hired is long gone so there is not even anyone to register a compliant with.

If you do any advertising, you may want to capitalize on the fact that you are an American. There are people like me who want ONLY legal workers on their property for a number of reasons. I recently had a new fence built by a 3 man American team. They did a great job, I was able to communicate with them and I did not have to worry that I might have a dangerous criminal in my backyard. When people are picked up off the street to work, you have not idea who they are or what their history is. My personal safety and knowing that the job is done right the first time is more important to me than saving a few bucks.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:02 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I don't know.. but the illegals here in California have been doing a damn good job. If there were problems with developments it'd be all over the news.
The media (MSM) is overtly pro-illegal.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:38 PM

170 posts, read 908,596 times
Illegals are notorious for 'shoddy work'. They just arent educated. Ive heard a couple horror stories. Heres one

A contractor picked up 3 illegals to paint a womans house in town. He brings them to the job site, sets them up, and then heads home to go back to sleep. Turns out one of the illegals is a drunk and he goes into the house and finds beer. He ends up getting smashed and falls off a ladder into the bushes, breaking his leg.

The illegal immigrant sues the home owner and contractor....and he wins the case.

Blows my mind.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:51 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Do you really think illegals are going to get a license to do electrical and plumbing work? They don't see the need for any kind of official, legal instrument. They will just forge it or do the work anyway.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:55 PM

A coworker of mine; his house here in Arizona was built less than 4 years ago---------it is already falling apart.

And to make things worse; the builder skipped town about 2 years ago.

Connect the dots.

I swear if I were to buy a house here again; it will most likely be one built prior to 1985--------money being no object.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Do you really think illegals are going to get a license to do electrical and plumbing work? They don't see the need for any kind of official, legal instrument. They will just forge it or do the work anyway.
Bingo! An illegal is a lawbreaker by definition already............

Old 01-28-2008, 03:59 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The media (MSM) is overtly pro-illegal.
You can Ask NewToCa, he's commented it on before.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:23 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
my Dad was a contractor for over 40 years.. my Sister owns her own contruction business.. she tells me horror stories all the time.. where she is called in because a home was falling apart just after a couple years.. guess who built the home to begin with? or she gets called in to finish a job, because customer "thought" they were getting a great deal until the illegals started doing the work.. many times she has told us that the customer ended firing the whole lot of them, then call her.. ending up costing more in the long run. As the old saying goes.. you get what you pay for! And those who say REAl Americans don't want.. or WON'T do these kind of jobs.. you are very-well mistaken. My Dad NEVER had mexicans working for him.. never had a shortage of black and white American workers.. and my Sisters crews are all skilled black and whites as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or