U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-28-2008, 02:38 AM
 
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
7,731 posts, read 11,945,587 times
Reputation: 5939

Advertisements

ksl.com - Judge to Rule on Calif. Migrant Housing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2008, 04:03 AM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
sure give them government low rent housing.. maybe they can destroy those places as well... overcrowded, no problem.. they like saving on rent, they like 15 or 20 to a 1 bed place. chance of spreading deseases.. ah, don't worry about it.. they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2008, 06:20 AM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,003 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Reputation: 30387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
sure give them government low rent housing.. maybe they can destroy those places as well... overcrowded, no problem.. they like saving on rent, they like 15 or 20 to a 1 bed place. chance of spreading deseases.. ah, don't worry about it.. they don't.
sounds like a great way to house these hard-working respectful folks who come only to work and better themselves. (sarcasm off) gag! ack!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2008, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
As the others said: close that encampment and probably catch an illegal or three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2008, 06:54 AM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
Reputation: 690
ArizonaBear I have to side with the migrant workers on this one. I am willing to pay more for food so the migrant workers can have suitable housing, a living wage, plus health insurance. No human should have to toil in the fields like they do. Let's show some compassion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2008, 07:29 AM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times
Reputation: 393
why isn't the trailer park be held accountable? they sorta are.. but this has been going on for a few years.. if they are here on a temporary work visa.. they should have suitable living. They shouldn't have to live where sewage is broken, water is bad. Why aren't the farmers giving them housing? Why should they get housing at American taxpayers expense? That I do not agree on... yes, clean water, good waste system, and decent housing SHOULD be available, but not at American tax payers expense.
Coming to work here legally is fine... but finding your own housing, paying for your own food, and other services should be thier responsibility and not left up to an American tax payer. Feeling sorry is what politicians and big business wants you to feel... they want open border and amnesty so they can continue high profits with little expenses. they could care less about the legal migrants.. they could care less if they were all illegal. Huge tax breaks for big business, higher taxes and larger burdens on middle class Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2008, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
ArizonaBear I have to side with the migrant workers on this one. I am willing to pay more for food so the migrant workers can have suitable housing, a living wage, plus health insurance. No human should have to toil in the fields like they do. Let's show some compassion.
I do agree if said migrants workers are legal------otherwise; they all need to be gone.

Maybe that is what it will take to force the greedy employers to sponsor via H2B visas for the needed help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2008, 07:39 AM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
Reputation: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
why isn't the trailer park be held accountable? they sorta are.. but this has been going on for a few years.. if they are here on a temporary work visa.. they should have suitable living. They shouldn't have to live where sewage is broken, water is bad. Why aren't the farmers giving them housing? Why should they get housing at American taxpayers expense? That I do not agree on... yes, clean water, good waste system, and decent housing SHOULD be available, but not at American tax payers expense.
Coming to work here legally is fine... but finding your own housing, paying for your own food, and other services should be thier responsibility and not left up to an American tax payer. Feeling sorry is what politicians and big business wants you to feel... they want open border and amnesty so they can continue high profits with little expenses. they could care less about the legal migrants.. they could care less if they were all illegal. Huge tax breaks for big business, higher taxes and larger burdens on middle class Americans.
Well I should have clarified the farmers should be doing more, not so much the tax payers. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Oh god.. the stories I have about renting to illegals.. lets put it this way.. VERY BAD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top