U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:27 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,167,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
You are admitting to being illegal, then go back to Mexico now.
Since when was being Mexican associated with being illegal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,167,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You're silly, by "we" I think he meant Mexicans...calm down please.
Exactly, nice to know we have someone who can understand a topic.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:37 AM
dpc

29 posts, read 118,328 times
I'm from the U.K.
It doesn't suprise me that so many talk so highly of thier veterans and you should! They were willing to fight and die for you cause and freedom.
So why then are the majority of the older guys begging on the streets veterans ?
Why doesn't your elected governments ( that you guys voted in!! ) not have the same high regard as you guys ???? Why are they not given a help in hand that will make a difference, homeless shelters aren't a means to an end, nor is the odd food voucher.
Believe you me, and i say this with respect but the U.S is frowned upon most european countries because of your lack of assistance to these people.
Whether your political opinion believes your troops should be out in Viet,Iraq or Afgan is by the by, you HAVE to support your countrymen period. And when it's all over and see one begging on the street don't adopt the " Well, i didn't want you there in the first place" attitude.
I hope i haven't offended anyone here, i love you country, but please look after you vets a bit better.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:51 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc View Post
I'm from the U.K.
It doesn't suprise me that so many talk so highly of thier veterans and you should! They were willing to fight and die for you cause and freedom.
So why then are the majority of the older guys begging on the streets veterans ?
Why doesn't your elected governments ( that you guys voted in!! ) not have the same high regard as you guys ???? Why are they not given a help in hand that will make a difference, homeless shelters aren't a means to an end, nor is the odd food voucher.
Believe you me, and i say this with respect but the U.S is frowned upon most european countries because of your lack of assistance to these people.
Whether your political opinion believes your troops should be out in Viet,Iraq or Afgan is by the by, you HAVE to support your countrymen period. And when it's all over and see one begging on the street don't adopt the " Well, i didn't want you there in the first place" attitude.
I hope i haven't offended anyone here, i love you country, but please look after you vets a bit better.
The topic you brought up is a sore point with many of us Americans as well; trust me (emoticon directed towards the US government, not you)

Old 02-19-2008, 01:21 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,076,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I disagree, it really isn't about you. It's about the national attitude towards Mexicans and their stereotypical "illegal immigrant looks". Since we are the majority of illegals, the dirt is thrown on us the most.
If Mexicans weren't so nationalistic, perhaps our attitude would change.

Before you get twisted out of shape, I'm not implying that all Mexicans are nationalistic, but when ethno-centric interest groups, flag waving protesters and indeed, the Mexican president himself display this nationalistic attitude, it's difficult to see any other viewpoint.

If Mexicans object to being seen as a monolithic, nationalistic group, then they need to speak up against this image.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:17 AM

83 posts, read 249,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
If Mexicans weren't so nationalistic, perhaps our attitude would change.
And that vet wasn't nationalistic at all, right?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,700,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kweens View Post
Nationalism, when living in one's own country of birth, is not necessarily a bad thing. However, retaining that level of rabid patriotism toward one's country of origin while living under the citizenship and protection of another and shoving it into the faces of the native born citizens of that particular country, cannot be considered by any stretch of the imagination, an intelligent course of action.

You should be thankful for nationalism within those who fight for this country. Without it and without them, life in this country would have turned out differently indeed.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:11 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kweens View Post
Being nationalistic in one's own country is fine and respectful.

Copping that same attitude in another country is asking for trouble at the very least.

If I went to Mexico and started off with anti Mexican rhetoric---------the locals would have every right to be offended.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:19 AM

272 posts, read 716,162 times
Since when do we think of Mexicans in the U.S. as here illegally?

Since over TEN MILLION of them ARE....

LOGIC?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:36 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,178,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Mate View Post
Since when do we think of Mexicans in the U.S. as here illegally?

Since over TEN MILLION of them ARE....

LOGIC?
You might want to DOUBLE that guesstimate...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration