U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:21 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I understand his love for America, but I don't think it warrants him throwing another country's flag on the ground.
What should he have done with the Mexican flag? Fold it neatly? Salute it? Kiss it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 03:05 PM

44 posts, read 210,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Well. you COULD always try mexico.. or south america.. you should fit right in... they don't like Americans either!
If you are so hateful towards America and Americans.. why in the he## would you even bother to come here in the first place.. now who is the mental one!

Are you kidding me, Mexico doesn't hate Americans. They rely on our tourism to make money. Every time I go there on vacation I'm treated great. They love America becasue when they see us they see $$$$$$$. Not only that, but the women love GRINGOS, ohhhh yeah!!! I don't know about South America, but I Hate Venezuela and that POS President they have. Listen, if someone has pride in their ancestry that's fine, just don't make it to where you hate America yet you're still here and that goes to everyone (German, Irish, Armenian, Mexican etc.)

Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 PM

49 posts, read 107,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Some body needs to take that mexican flag and shove it right up that NON-American mexican business owners ....!

you give these lowlifes a chance to be here in OUR country and this is how they respect America! ABSOLUTELY DISCUSTING!

KICK HIS BUTT ALL THE WAY BACK OVER THE BORDER WHERE HE .. AND THE REST OF THEM BELONG!

Vet cuts down Illegal Mexican flag flying above U.S. Flag

It really is messed up here in Charlotte. I see the mexican flag daily. I have seen it flying above the american flag. This needs to stop. I have only been in charlotte for 2 years, and I do plan on moving to a non sancturary city. The more illegals that come here, the more trash I see.

WAY TO GO VETS. We need to start some groups to help protect our country from invasion in the government isn't going to do anything. Most of our military is in Iraq?

I often wonder how secure that same border would be if it was an Arab Nation next to us?

Old 01-30-2008, 11:31 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Dawggy View Post
Are you kidding me, Mexico doesn't hate Americans. They rely on our tourism to make money. Every time I go there on vacation I'm treated great. They love America becasue when they see us they see $$$$$$$. Not only that, but the women love GRINGOS, ohhhh yeah!!! I don't know about South America, but I Hate Venezuela and that POS President they have. Listen, if someone has pride in their ancestry that's fine, just don't make it to where you hate America yet you're still here and that goes to everyone (German, Irish, Armenian, Mexican etc.)
Try driving down there with California license place.. window washers are on the look out for us.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:25 AM

4,095 posts, read 7,199,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What should he have done with the Mexican flag? Fold it neatly? Salute it? Kiss it?
There's quite a difference between throwing a flag on the ground and kissing it. Perhaps just give it to one of the guys standing around, I don't know.

Respecting your country's flag doesn't have to include disrespecting another country's flag.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
There's quite a difference between throwing a flag on the ground and kissing it. Perhaps just give it to one of the guys standing around, I don't know.

Respecting your country's flag doesn't have to include disrespecting another country's flag.
Why should one respect the disrespectful?

Have you heard this saying: Respect must be earned.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Dawggy View Post
Are you kidding me, Mexico doesn't hate Americans. They rely on our tourism to make money. Every time I go there on vacation I'm treated great. They love America becasue when they see us they see $$$$$$$.
All this demonstrates is that they love our money.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 AM

4,095 posts, read 7,199,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Why should one respect the disrespectful?

Have you heard this saying: Respect must be earned.
The flag itself did not disrespect the veteran... The people who flew it did.

If an American drove to Mexico and flew a US flag above the Mexican one, would you think it was ok if a Mexican citizen cut up our flag and threw it on the ground?

Old 02-01-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
The flag itself did not disrespect the veteran... The people who flew it did.
Poor little flag. Maybe it should visit a battered flags shelter.

*smacks head*

Quote:
If an American drove to Mexico and flew a US flag above the Mexican one, would you think it was ok if a Mexican citizen cut up our flag and threw it on the ground?
Absolutely.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:16 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
I said NOTHING negative about our veterans. I in fact COMPLIMENTED him as he struck me as the sort, that "IF" he was punished he would accept such punishment like a man and not whine about it.

I said

"I saw the interview with the Vet when this first happened, and he seemed to be the sort who even if he was charged would be proud to accept his punishment for his "civil disobediance". Something many who practice civil disobediance fail to accept."

RandomU
RandomU, I appologize for misunderstanding the intent of what you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration