U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:50 PM

307 posts, read 458,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
RandomU, I appologize for misunderstanding the intent of what you said.
Sorry if I came off a bit snappy. I have a great deal of respect for are Veterans and try to never say anything negative about them as a group.

Random U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 08:29 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
The flag itself did not disrespect the veteran... The people who flew it did.

If an American drove to Mexico and flew a US flag above the Mexican one, would you think it was ok if a Mexican citizen cut up our flag and threw it on the ground?
Now why would an American do such a thing? It would be completely cloddish to go into a foreign country and wave the flag of your own country.

Really I doubt any American is that much of a jerk.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:38 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,198,523 times
yep.. should be booted either way...
Another big problem we have is... Illegal sneaks over, takes job, makes money, later becomes legal, takes money opens business,,, draws in more illegals to the area.. who in turn buy from him..who once was illegal himself.. who had taken a job from an American to make money to become legal to open own latino business to draw more illegals who will sooner or later become legal.. and the cycle continues!

Makes a person sick doesn't it? Someone, somewhere needs to do something about it!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 AM

440 posts, read 236,417 times
For anyone curious, not only is it disrespectful to fly a foreign flag above the US flag in the US, flying a foreign flag above the US flag represents a signal of distress.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
For anyone curious, not only is it disrespectful to fly a foreign flag above the US flag in the US, flying a foreign flag above the US flag represents a signal of distress.
Maybe the pro illegals along with the misguided HS students were being prescient----------read that the whole pro illegal immigrant movement is getting ready to crash and burn.

Which may wind up taking Mexico proper down as well.

Once 7-20 million illegals including their under age Anchor Babies return SOB; there is a strong possibility that Mexico may explode.

Why I say that is the 'morenitos' (little 'brown' ones) having tasted more respect here than back home in Mx may wind up demanding their (deserved) rights from the 'White' elite.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 PM

440 posts, read 236,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Maybe the pro illegals along with the misguided HS students were being prescient----------read that the whole pro illegal immigrant movement is getting ready to crash and burn.

Which may wind up taking Mexico proper down as well.

Once 7-20 million illegals including their under age Anchor Babies return SOB; there is a strong possibility that Mexico may explode.

Why I say that is the 'morenitos' (little 'brown' ones) having tasted more respect here than back home in Mx may wind up demanding their (deserved) rights from the 'White' elite.

I recently read an article in which Senor Calderon was already weeping and wailing, moaning and groaning that they couldn't sustain/accomodate the return of their 30 million nationals, as if we care. Never in my lifetime could I have imagined an entire "country" filled with such a delusional, racist, arrogant, sense of entitlement, whiney bunch of losers . . . . that is until I started reading more and more about Mexico and its 3rd world illegal alien criminals.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:21 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
It is time Calderon taxes his very wealthy friends to take care of their poor. Perhaps a welfare system like ours that will cater to them is the answer.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:01 PM

5,503 posts, read 17,199,837 times
Wow, you people make me sick. Such a superiority factor here. It is not like the Mexican killed anyone. Yet, all you fools are ready to have him deported (btw without knowing his legal status). Wow, he put his "home" country flag up. Heck, atleast he put up an American too. Who the hell cares which one is higher than the other. The man recognizez BOTH countries. I can guarantee you that he put up the American flag at his own will. You all act like he knew what he was doing. That vet should go to an insane asylum, who the hell he thinks he is doing that. I have respect for what he's done for this country, but that doesn't make him any better than the rest of us. Also you pompous asses, this country was BUILT on immigration and without it America is nothing. But no, wether is the Dominicans in NYC, the Cubans in Miami or the Mexicans in LA, it's the hispanics fault. Had it been German/Irish/Italian none of you would say much.

Also I always see flags of other countries EVERYWHERE I go. Maybe it's because NYC is so diverse. But whenever you stroll through the Bronx, you notice Puerto Rican flags everywhere; In Washington Heights, Dominican flags are up.....and in any latino populated area you see the flags of many different latin american countries up on top of supermarkets/bodegas.

You guys feel so inferior to these immigrants that you get your period when they don't aknowledge "America". It is not that big a deal. Let the guy be proud of where he came from. What the hell does he know about it being higher. Seriously all you fools need to grow up.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Wow, you people make me sick. Such a superiority factor here. It is not like the Mexican killed anyone. Yet, all you fools are ready to have him deported (btw without knowing his legal status). Wow, he put his "home" country flag up. Heck, atleast he put up an American too. Who the hell cares which one is higher than the other. The man recognizez BOTH countries. I can guarantee you that he put up the American flag at his own will. You all act like he knew what he was doing. That vet should go to an insane asylum, who the hell he thinks he is doing that. I have respect for what he's done for this country, but that doesn't make him any better than the rest of us. Also you pompous asses, this country was BUILT on immigration and without it America is nothing. But no, wether is the Dominicans in NYC, the Cubans in Miami or the Mexicans in LA, it's the hispanics fault. Had it been German/Irish/Italian none of you would say much.

Also I always see flags of other countries EVERYWHERE I go. Maybe it's because NYC is so diverse. But whenever you stroll through the Bronx, you notice Puerto Rican flags everywhere; In Washington Heights, Dominican flags are up.....and in any latino populated area you see the flags of many different latin american countries up on top of supermarkets/bodegas.

You guys feel so inferior to these immigrants that you get your period when they don't aknowledge "America". It is not that big a deal. Let the guy be proud of where he came from. What the hell does he know about it being higher. Seriously all you fools need to grow up.
Can't disagree with that, still race/gender/ethnicity has nothing really to do with overall illegal immigration because people of all races/genders/ethnicity come here.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:09 PM

65 posts, read 108,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
It is time Calderon taxes his very wealthy friends to take care of their poor. Perhaps a welfare system like ours that will cater to them is the answer.
and calderon should adopt an anchor baby policy as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration