U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,178,465 times
Reputation: 391

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Wow, you people make me sick. Such a superiority factor here. It is not like the Mexican killed anyone. Yet, all you fools are ready to have him deported (btw without knowing his legal status). Wow, he put his "home" country flag up. Heck, atleast he put up an American too. Who the hell cares which one is higher than the other. The man recognizez BOTH countries. I can guarantee you that he put up the American flag at his own will. You all act like he knew what he was doing. That vet should go to an insane asylum, who the hell he thinks he is doing that. I have respect for what he's done for this country, but that doesn't make him any better than the rest of us. Also you pompous asses, this country was BUILT on immigration and without it America is nothing. But no, wether is the Dominicans in NYC, the Cubans in Miami or the Mexicans in LA, it's the hispanics fault. Had it been German/Irish/Italian none of you would say much.

Also I always see flags of other countries EVERYWHERE I go. Maybe it's because NYC is so diverse. But whenever you stroll through the Bronx, you notice Puerto Rican flags everywhere; In Washington Heights, Dominican flags are up.....and in any latino populated area you see the flags of many different latin american countries up on top of supermarkets/bodegas.

You guys feel so inferior to these immigrants that you get your period when they don't aknowledge "America". It is not that big a deal. Let the guy be proud of where he came from. What the hell does he know about it being higher. Seriously all you fools need to grow up.
That's quite an abusive rant, don't you think??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
5,503 posts, read 17,244,577 times
Reputation: 2043
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
That's quite an abusive rant, don't you think??
Not as bad as you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,178,465 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Not as bad as you all.
If you say so, sport...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 05:09 PM
 
418 posts, read 266,039 times
Reputation: 37
How is this a total lack of respect? Here is what I say. Get a life. The Mexican business owners need to stop asking for attention. The loser American's need to get a life and a hobby. They need to turn their energy into more useful things like your crippling economy. If you don't want Mexican immigrants coming into this country legally, illegally or however, than you should demand to your government that we take more educated and affluent immigrants like Canada and Western Europe does.

If we did that though, I guarantee those immigrants would financially put all you guy's in your place? It makes you feel like men to belittle vulnerable foreigners. Maybe you should blame Euro-American southwesterners should blame yourselves diminishing all your lineal heritage. No one asked you to do that. You all destroyed your heritages and meshed them into one. Eventually, that's right where the people who a lot of you guy's are getting angry with will be. Give them a little respect for actually having some sort of ''dream'' in this country though. The value of our dollar and credibility is depleting in this country every day because of the guy who probably 2/3 of you voted for.

So take it up a notch and stop looking at stupid crap like this. You should get more intellectual and ask why, rather than being a stereotypical American imbecile who has never seen outside the box. I'm not going to respond to what ever any of you have to say because it won't go anywhere. I came on here to merely throw my two cents in. However, if any of you got something to say to me, my e-mail is nyj01827@yahoo.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,178,465 times
Reputation: 391
I HAD a life, you [self edit]! It was humming along just fine until Reagan signed that damned amnesty bill in '86, causing every Juan, Jose and Antonio to think that America didn't care about her border anymore and that it was open season on American jobs. By the time Clinton got in office wages in construction had been flat for 5 years. By the time he LEFT office those wages were DOWN 20%. Did PRICES go down over those 8 years??? I DON'T THINK SO!!! Since Senor Boosh took over wages have dropped ANOTHER 20%!! Seen any cheaper houses in your neck of the woods, sport?? Not likely!

Who the hell do you think you are coming on here and flaming people for their LEGITIMATE gripes about illegal immigration? If this literal invasion had COST YOU 40% of YOUR income over the last 15 years you might not be such a [self edit]!!

No, I think you'd STILL be a [self edit]!

Last edited by GuyPinestra; 02-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: wasn't nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
5,503 posts, read 17,244,577 times
Reputation: 2043
nyc0127, great post. These are the people that give America a bad rep. Always wining and bitching about something. Though alot of them wont admit it, there is an instilled racism in them that was passed down from there ancestors. Makes me absolutely sick that a man looking for a better life come here, decides to recognize where he CAME FROM and have to deal with an old bastard. If I was that Mexican, I would of taken my flag back. Again you all make this out to be a WAYYYY bigger deal. But sure, it's the illegal's fault

This is also my last response in this thread. Sooner or later, I am going to say something that will get me banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,178,465 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
nyc0127, great post. These are the people that give America a bad rep. Always wining and bitching about something. Though alot of them wont admit it, there is an instilled racism in them that was passed down from there ancestors. Makes me absolutely sick that a man looking for a better life come here, decides to recognize where he CAME FROM and have to deal with an old bastard. If I was that Mexican, I would of taken my flag back. Again you all make this out to be a WAYYYY bigger deal. But sure, it's the illegal's fault
You're pretty much a [self edit] yourself, calling people racists when you HAVE NO IDEA who they are or what their 'ethnicity' is. Would it surprise you if I said that I myself am 'Hispanic'? Probably, because you can't get past your inability to see beyond your own prejudices.

You have my sympathies...

Last edited by GuyPinestra; 02-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: wasn't nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127 View Post
How is this a total lack of respect? Here is what I say. Get a life. The Mexican business owners need to stop asking for attention. The loser American's need to get a life and a hobby. They need to turn their energy into more useful things like your crippling economy. If you don't want Mexican immigrants coming into this country legally, illegally or however, than you should demand to your government that we take more educated and affluent immigrants like Canada and Western Europe does.

If we did that though, I guarantee those immigrants would financially put all you guy's in your place? It makes you feel like men to belittle vulnerable foreigners. Maybe you should blame Euro-American southwesterners should blame yourselves diminishing all your lineal heritage. No one asked you to do that. You all destroyed your heritages and meshed them into one. Eventually, that's right where the people who a lot of you guy's are getting angry with will be. Give them a little respect for actually having some sort of ''dream'' in this country though. The value of our dollar and credibility is depleting in this country every day because of the guy who probably 2/3 of you voted for.

So take it up a notch and stop looking at stupid crap like this. You should get more intellectual and ask why, rather than being a stereotypical American imbecile who has never seen outside the box. I'm not going to respond to what ever any of you have to say because it won't go anywhere. I came on here to merely throw my two cents in. However, if any of you got something to say to me, my e-mail is nyj01827@yahoo.com.
A big part of the problem is the greedy business owners in this country who could (until very recently) hire illegal immigrants for 1/2 or less the price of Americans/green card holders.

Hence laws like we have here in Arizona and Oklahoma making it a living hell for both illegals and their enablers.

That stated: I take offence being referred to 'Euro' anything-------I am an American------aint' no hyphen in front of my heritage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Rural Central Texas
3,585 posts, read 9,025,355 times
Reputation: 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaba137 View Post
For the sake of playing devil's advocate then, please refer me to the law that makes it illegal, as in a chargeable offense. I am not in any way arguing with you at all - read my previous post - I just would like to know for my own personal information.

Trust me - such actions upset me just as much as anyone else on this thread who has indicated as such. It's just an FYI question for me...as far as I always knew there is a federal flag code and it is a public law, but it does not impose penalties for misuse of the flag.Several states have laws known as "forbidden flags"....but I don't see Nevada on any such list.

Anybody know the exact legal answer?
title 4, United States Code, Chapter 1, Section 1 and Section 2 and Executive Order 10834
link: US Flag Laws and Regulations
excerpt:

Sec. 3.
That the flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag's own right, or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the center of that line.

The flag should not be displayed on a float in a parade except from a staff, or as provided in subsection (i).

The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.

No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy.

Last edited by johnrex62; 02-06-2008 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: added link for refernce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,045,893 times
Reputation: 780
All SuperMario and NYC0127 are trying to do with their belligerent rants is to anger people. Don't take their bait and get yourself in trouble, especially the one who baited everyone with his e-mail address, if you say what you want to say to him on his personal e-mail he can press charges.

As far as the OP, I commend the veteran who cut down that flag, because he truly knows what that flag means. He fought for the very freedom that is provided so stupid people can run their mouths and bad mouth this country. Raising the Mexican flag above the American flag on US soil was a slap in the face to the many men and women who have fought and died for this country, but some spoiled brat punks around here don't understand that. If it was me there, that SOB would have got it a lot worse than just having his flag cut down. I, and I'm sure many others on this forum, feel a surge of pride when they see the American flag flying, and truly know exactly how this soldier felt when he saw it disrespected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top