U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,212,130 times
Reputation: 4611

Advertisements

He's an American alright, but he shows his pride toward being a Latino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2008, 09:28 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,126 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
He's an American alright, but he shows his pride toward being a Latino.
He is from Latino heritage..? whats your point? are you telling me Americans people don't go to the Cinco De Mayo festivals in Fruitvale?? I see Americans of all colors there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2008, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,212,130 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
He is from Latino heritage..? whats your point? are you telling me Americans people don't go to the Cinco De Mayo festivals in Fruitvale?? I see Americans of all colors there.
My point is just what I said, He takes no Pride in being an American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2008, 10:10 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,126 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
My point is just what I said, He takes no Pride in being an American.
I still want to take pride in my cultural heritage. And that is nothing to be ashamed of nor Un-American. Is Saint Patricks day un-American? No! Then Cinco De Mayo in which people of all races and colors come and have a good time is not un-American either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2008, 06:40 AM
 
902 posts, read 506,503 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
My point is just what I said, He takes no Pride in being an American.

In fact, he goes out of his way to hurt this country and that would be the difference. There are many Americans of Mexican descent who also don't like the illegals and what they have done to this country. The ones who love illegals and do what they can to hurt this country, like the mayor of LA, should be charged with sedition at the very least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,637,375 times
Reputation: 3785
Antonio Villaraigosa=David Duke of Louisiana or would that be Leander Perez?

The latter two men were rabid White Supremacists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2008, 11:07 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,064,640 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Mecha is a student organization that focuses on studies.
Funny.

MEChA is a racist organization.

"For those within the race, everything. For those outside the race, nothing."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,126 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Funny.

MEChA is a racist organization.

"For those within the race, everything. For those outside the race, nothing."
Listen to what you just said, it is something that has been overly debated on this forum. "Raza" in Mexican Spanish has different meanings. Mexicans refer to kids as their "Raza".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2008, 02:46 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,064,640 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Listen to what you just said, it is something that has been overly debated on this forum. "Raza" in Mexican Spanish has different meanings. Mexicans refer to kids as their "Raza".
I couldn't care less what Mexicans call their kids.

MEChA claims the Southwest US (Aztlan) as belonging to indigenous people. It is a land claim based on race. While this is different than hatred from the KKK, for example, MEChA's claims are race based.

"Raza" in MEChA's El Plan Espiritual de Aztlan does indeed refer to the race of people that inhabited the land prior to European (Spanish) conquest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2008, 03:16 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,922,660 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Isn't the mayor an American citizen? Isn't pro-logic an american citizen? Even the way you phrased it was offensive with the "doesn't surprise me" remark.Yet I point it out and someone gives me a negative point for race baiting. I'll just let the mods deal with it.
the main issue that I was trying to point out.. ok.. defend someone for doing something bad.. but DON'T defend him just because of his race/heritege is the same as yours.. Give a GOOD and HONEST reason for defending someone who has lied and cheated.. other than just because you NEED to defend him BECAUSE of his race/heritege.. Defending someone, no matter what he has done... JUST because your NEED to defend him, ONLY because of his race/heritege being the same as yours is a poor defense.. Pro-logic was ONLY defending him BECAUSE of this reason.. He seems to find a huge need to defend anyone of latino/mexican heritege, no matter what they did wrong. I hope you understand the point I was trying to put across.. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top