Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 06:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Any and all who are suspect as being illegal(and that includes legal citizens)will be asked for proof of citizenship, or right to be here.
If they can't produce proof, it's "get on the bus."
Just as simple as that.
No drama here.
As for who I believe will be the crews rounding up people, ice, some national guard, and most definitely the army.

Bob.
Lol. Just as simple as that. On what planet? Aside from the fact that there is no way in hell that Trump could get elected even if he paid a lot of people to vote for him-- ICE, the National Guard and the Army? You are living in a fiction. As dumb as this country can be, you will not see anything resembling that bizarre scenario happen in this country any time soon.

Remember when Jan Brewer started pulling that in AZ? The entire country was appalled. If you think Americans will just let the Trump SS Army come marching through towns like it was 1940, asking for documents, and hauling people off, you are living in a fantasy land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 06:40 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Proof please that Trump wants to yank US citizenship from Americans of "Hispanic" heritage, like your Puerto Ricans.

Too; not all people with Spanish names are "Hispanic". OTOH; I've know "Latinos" with anglo white or even Asian names.
Latino Rebels | The Trumped-Up Story of Trump’s Puerto Rico Statement

Both the Puerto Rico Republican Party and the Republican National Committee sent Trump letters about month ago asking him to confirm or deny he made that statement and there has been no response which in my book signals guilt. However last week Trump made a statement in a interview in which he hinted that he would support for statehood for both Puerto Rico and Washington DC.

BTW: I am not Puerto Rican, I am 100% Anglo.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:54 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
And how do you know who is legal and illegal? Do you just round up every brown skin person you see and force them to prove they are legal?
If you start with brown and no or poor English your going to be 99.999% on the mark. We have to show proof of license to drive, so its not unrealistic to show proof of citizenship, or proof of being here legally. Piece of cake.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Latino Rebels | The Trumped-Up Story of Trump’s Puerto Rico Statement

Both the Puerto Rico Republican Party and the Republican National Committee sent Trump letters about month ago asking him to confirm or deny he made that statement and there has been no response which in my book signals guilt. However last week Trump made a statement in a interview in which he hinted that he would support for statehood for both Puerto Rico and Washington DC.

BTW: I am not Puerto Rican, I am 100% Anglo.
We awoke this morning to find that Trump’s alleged statement has been picked up by other sites, even appearing in a Univision forum.
Now, it could be that Trump did actually say what he’s rumored to have said, but without at least a single confirmed source to back up the story, it’s merely rumor. Whether fact or fiction, the story is bad journalism, and bad journalism leads to the spread of bad information.
Plus, given the spotlight on Trump’s campaign at the moment, if this story were true, it would’ve been picked up by plenty of other news outlets. Puerto Ricans are peeved when they’re described as drug dealers, so a presidential candidate promising to revoke their citizenship would be major news—if the story were true.

From your link. I'm guessing even a LOT of "Hispanics" are calling BS on what you just quoted.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:02 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm with you in standing with my Hispanic neighbors, friends, and family members. Of course, this round em up talk appeals to ignorant bigots, but it is scary that we have among us, in our country, these kind of people. Makes me wonder just who we should be "rounding up".
If you have illegal alien family here, then your part of the problem, and not the solution. There is nothing wrong with rounding up Criminals, and being here illegally is a Crime. I don't see anything wrong with "rounding up" those who give assistance to these criminals either, so stand by them real close.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:12 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Except maybe for farm work: WHAT could go wrong? What I DO know is wages will go UP for US citizens and legal aliens like as in real fast. Too; dirty employers CAN'T safely cheat Americans because WE can fight back.
It would be good for the economy because Americans would get their jobs back. Even farm work wouldn't be negatively impacted because there are only 3% of illegals doing that work and there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers. Just the same ole lame threats by the pro-illegals. Geez, I wonder how we managed before the arrival of cheap, illegal aliens?

Old 09-14-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
As a blue collar union worker, I work with a quite a few Hispanic co-workers, some of them very good people and good friends, If Trump is going to send goons to intern them, I am going to bring to bear my collection of M1A rifles along with union friends and tea party friends. It's going to get real ugly real fast, and I doubt that Trump's Wharton degree will prepare him for that.
If your Hispanic co-workers are here legally then just what is the problem? It wouldn't just be Hispanics that would have to prove that they are here legally so tuck that victim card back in your wallet.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
A race based version of the East German Statsi. Nice.
And Trump supporters wonder why they're accused of being racists and nationalists.
Who said anything about rounding them up by race?

Old 09-14-2015, 07:22 PM

587 posts, read 379,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who said anything about rounding them up by race?
CALGUY, the OP.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Trump is nothing but a TV Reality Show actor (with bad hair) who will be gone when the TV ratings change. Nobody to be worried about.

But his supporters are down right scary!
Thinking we can just round up all the "brown people" and making them prove they are citizens.

Trump will be forgotten by this time next year, but his ignorant, racist supporters will still be with us.
Who said anything about rounding up people by skin color? We have illegals here from all over the world. Your comments about being ignorant, racist supporters is truly despicable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration