U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:41 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,570,071 times

Advertisements

I always wonder why they give the weight-training equipment. Just what I want is a rapist going in at 150 and coming out a few years later at 240.

Jail should be a nightmare! Perhaps it would be more of a deterent to crime if people were actually scared to do a stint. 3 square meals, exercise, games, school, tv. Sounds a little too cushy for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 05:59 PM

11,544 posts, read 25,086,443 times
As an outsider I always wondered what the people of Maricopa County thought of Sheriff Joe. The more I read, the better I like him. Experts have failed to sue him, politicians have failed to remove him, and the people continue to re-elect him. Pink aside, he runs his town in a very economical manner. It's costs a buck of two to feed 5K prisoners every day and keep them safe. These criminals do not need coffee, cigarettes or girly magazines.

Inmates care for sick animals, clean up the roads and a few other things. I never thought I was see a female chain gang. You don't hear of anyone complaining about his volunteer posse or the only accredited high school in prison. Can you believe this kids graduate with a high school diploma?. He kept them in school which is more than the parent could do.

Can you imagine what Sheriff could do to clean up the border with enough funding?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:38 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
As an outsider I always wondered what the people of Maricopa County thought of Sheriff Joe. The more I read, the better I like him. Experts have failed to sue him, politicians have failed to remove him, and the people continue to re-elect him. Pink aside, he runs his town in a very economical manner. It's costs a buck of two to feed 5K prisoners every day and keep them safe. These criminals do not need coffee, cigarettes or girly magazines.

Inmates care for sick animals, clean up the roads and a few other things. I never thought I was see a female chain gang. You don't hear of anyone complaining about his volunteer posse or the only accredited high school in prison. Can you believe this kids graduate with a high school diploma?. He kept them in school which is more than the parent could do.

Can you imagine what Sheriff could do to clean up the border with enough funding?
Hell: prisoners 'fight' to receive chain gang duty here-------it sure as hell beats sitting inside looking at four walls.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:53 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,279,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Why because he treats criminals like they should be treated? No special treats and they have to work.
No one says they should get any special treatment, but they needn't be humiliated either.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:43 PM

254 posts, read 417,006 times
Hail to the Sheriff! Drive those illegal scum out of Arizona! Arrest them all! Send them back to the third world hell hole they came from!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 PM

841 posts, read 790,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
This is great. There is no reason for criminals to sit on their butts. I really wish he would run for a federal political office and help sweep up the Congress.

Sheriff Joe is at it Again! (http://www.texasinsider.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1580 - broken link)
Published: 10-18-07

Oh, there's MUCH more to know about Sheriff Joe!

Maricopa County was spending approx. $18 million dollars a year on stray animals, like cats and dogs. Sheriff Joe offered to take the department over, and the County Supervisors said okay.

Way To Go, Sheriff!
Maybe if all prisons were like this one there would be a lot less crime and/or repeat offenders. Criminals should be punished for their crimes - not live in luxury until it's time for their parole, only to go out and commit another crime so they can get back in to live on taxpayers money and enjoy things taxpayers can't afford to have for themselves.

Sheriff Joe was just reelected Sheriff in Maricopa County, Arizona
I would vote for him for President of the U.S.A., and pray for his safety.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:33 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,555,120 times
We really need more like him. For sure,if all prisons follow his example,the crime rate would plummet. Makes me sick that so many prisons are so easy on the prisoners.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:17 PM

807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Sheriff Joe should head up the U.S. Department of Justice especially with his law enforcement experience.. He Rocks!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 PM

974 posts, read 1,352,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
We really need more like him. For sure,if all prisons follow his example,the crime rate would plummet. Makes me sick that so many prisons are so easy on the prisoners.

Well said. Also think of the money he would save in the long run. Not only for the prisons, but also for the road crews etc...

Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No one says they should get any special treatment, but they needn't be humiliated either.
Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration