U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
We should have no government whatsoever. The only thing that should restrict your actions is the fear that others will find it harmful to them and take retribution.
I suggest that you find yourself a island and live there-------------alone.

Otherwise; if you if/when you get picked up for any crimes----------you need to be locked up because the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
So there's no reason for me to show you the least bit of respect, because you haven't earned it in my eyes? Or should I treat ALL human beings with respect until they show me that they're not worthy?
Show respect or don't as your opinion of me is equal to your ability to harm me.
You miss the most obvious of points though. As far as you know I unlike those in prison have committed no crime that warrents prison... The fact that they have demonstrates that they are unworthy of any respect. After they pay their debt to society and demonstrate the ability to be a human being they may yet earn a measure of respect. Until that time they deserve no more respect than I might show a diseased animal.
But hey this is America if you want to cuddle with convicts knock yourself out. Invite them into your home. Introduce them to the family. I am sure they will repay you by not committing any crimes against you or yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
We should have no government whatsoever. The only thing that should restrict your actions is the fear that others will find it harmful to them and take retribution.
Without government, laws and all that goes with it you would soon find yourself a victim of the anarchy that would follow. You see those folks who are in jail are restrained by the laws that you oppose. Without the laws it would be survival of the strongest. Gangs, and such would take full advantage of such a state. Such scum that resides behind bars view kindness and compassion as weakness. Not all of us are without means of self defence but most are either unprepared or unable. One thing is for sure. No one would be totally prepared for such an enviroment. Rambo only works in the movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Without government, laws and all that goes with it you would soon find yourself a victim of the anarchy that would follow. You see those folks who are in jail are restrained by the laws that you oppose. Without the laws it would be survival of the strongest. Gangs, and such would take full advantage of such a state. Such scum that resides behind bars view kindness and compassion as weakness. Not all of us are without means of self defence but most are either unprepared or unable. One thing is for sure. No one would be totally prepared for such an enviroment. Rambo only works in the movies.
Excellent post---------and, you are spot-on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 05:21 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 40,266,772 times
Reputation: 10915
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Without government, laws and all that goes with it you would soon find yourself a victim of the anarchy that would follow. You see those folks who are in jail are restrained by the laws that you oppose. Without the laws it would be survival of the strongest. Gangs, and such would take full advantage of such a state. Such scum that resides behind bars view kindness and compassion as weakness. Not all of us are without means of self defence but most are either unprepared or unable. One thing is for sure. No one would be totally prepared for such an enviroment. Rambo only works in the movies.
You assume I'm not one of those "strongest" you complain so bitterly about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 05:23 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 40,266,772 times
Reputation: 10915
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I suggest that you find yourself a island and live there-------------alone.

Otherwise; if you if/when you get picked up for any crimes----------you need to be locked up because the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the few.
The FEW still have rights...the same rights as anyone else, to live lives of liberty and freedom. Under the thumb of government, none of us have that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 40,266,772 times
Reputation: 10915
Dispute over flag protest erupts in Wisc. village - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090710/ap_on_re_us/us_upside_down_flag - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top