U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 04:41 PM

4,529 posts, read 1,946,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well said.

Most American Catholics behave like Protestants, who -- in rebellion against the Catholic Church -- insisted on their right to interpret scripture for themselves.

And, while I did criticize Catholics, I must admit that a lot of Protestant churches seem to want mass immigration from Catholic countries as well -- simply because the immigrants are Christians.

The trouble with Christian churches (and with religion in general) is that they regard national sovereignty and self-determination as secondary to religion.

In my opinion, national sovereignty and self-determination should not be secondary to anything. They should be regarded as primary, because without them there is no basis for freedom, democracy and the development of a distinct cultural identity.
You hit the nail on the head. A few decades ago there was much more animus between Catholics and Protestants. This has softened as American Catholics have liberalized, as different groups mix and mingle, and as less people overall identify as religious. Most people in our country have an American worldview rather than a Catholic one or Baptist one or Lutheran one, etc. But Americans are fooling themselves if they think third world Catholics are the same breed as American ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 12:28 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,868,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thanks! Just thought I would visit today. I have truly missed you guys. Keep up the good fight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wish you'd drop by more often. A true patriot you are! Rest assured I will never give up the fight.
It's a real shame when good people cannot speak their minds and get hounded off the boards for doing so.

Benicar, dear friend, I wish you could stay but I understand your reasons for staying away.

eta: I think it is quite obvious the child was coached. But, certain voters are carried away with false emotion and a blind eye.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or