U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 12:44 PM

14,196 posts, read 7,402,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsnow View Post
Just watched this on KTLA this morning. It made me physically sick. Get rid of them all! They can all stay together in Mexico.
Fn Gd Right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 12:45 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Why is the girl petitioning the Pope? He resides in Europe not here. He has no say in our immigration laws and policies nor should he.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:50 PM

14,196 posts, read 7,402,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why is the girl petitioning the Pope? He resides in Europe not here. He has no say in our immigration laws and policies nor should he.
I believe it was all staged puke..

Old 09-24-2015, 12:59 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,998,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I believe it was all staged puke..
Like that 'marker' put in by the Liberals during Trump's speech. Very telegraphed.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:20 PM

4,515 posts, read 1,940,056 times
The father's been here at least five years and still can't speak English? As long as the Pope is encouraging lawbreaking, he should go to Latin America and urge the poor and working classes to overthrow the ruling class that's holding them down. And this little girl is NOT an American citizen!

Old 09-24-2015, 02:34 PM

156 posts, read 111,795 times
I'm waiting for the child whose father lost his construction job or other blue collar job to get a private moment with the pope. How about all those whose loved ones have been murdered by illegal aliens. When will they have their little talk with the pope. Oh, wait...what was I thinking?

I'm just so sick of only one side being portrayed on this issue!

Old 09-24-2015, 02:53 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,504,092 times
What really sickened me was that it was obvious that this girl's parents have led her to believe that if they get deported, they are leaving her behind. That's really despicable and shows them to be horrible parents. On top of that, to put her up to this stunt and make her rehearse a speech, is truly vile. As has been already pointed out, it's clear that her parents simply view her as a cash cow

Old 09-24-2015, 02:58 PM

156 posts, read 111,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What really sickened me was that it was obvious that this girl's parents have led her to believe that if they get deported, they are leaving her behind. That's really despicable and shows them to be horrible parents. On top of that, to put her up to this stunt and make her rehearse a speech, is truly vile. As has been already pointed out, it's clear that her parents simply view her as a cash cow
IMO that's why they and their advocates fight so hard against rescinding birthright citizenship. They know they'll lose one of their strongest arguing points.

That little girl should be told that she also has citizenship in Mexico and can remain with her parents, but return here when she's 18. It's cruel to allow her to think she will be abandoned and belong to no country! But, hey, the ends justify the means, right?

Old 09-24-2015, 03:05 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,049,071 times
This entire thing is nothing short of mass emotional manipulation.

A cute little girl...holding a letter...reading it aloud...begging the Pope to help her illegal parents...

The fact remains they broke the law. They are breaking the law. No amount of cuteness from any children who are born here, but whose parents are illegal immigrants, will change that.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:36 PM

25,631 posts, read 29,103,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The Pope however doesn't have the right to defend lawbreakers as a man of God. Less fortunate in our society? Is that how illegal aliens are referred to these days? They aren't even a part of our society. They are a part of their own country's society. Sick of these kids being used by the parents to tug at the our heartstrings so that they can remain here.
Don't get your drawers all bunched up OG. Yes they are illegal aliens breaking the law and should be Sent back from whence they came. As posted but which you seemed to completely ignore.

The Pope has the right to advocate for anyone he deems deserving. Not a damn thing you or I can do about it.

I consider myself damn fortunate to have been born in the greatest country in the world and what was at one time the greatest state in the US. SO yeah people born in Mexico I would deem much less fortunate.

Until our federal government fixes the problem then all our bitching and moaning isnt going to mean a damn thing other than making you feel better for a short time.

Until that happens illegal immigration will continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or