U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 07:16 PM

11,508 posts, read 5,518,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Once again..Doth protest TOO much..inability to feel any sense or ability to put yourselves in those shoes ( you luckily never had to walk in) due to accident of birth in USA ( lucky you )..speaks volumes..and even tho I am not even Catholic..even I can comprehend that Pope Francis preaches what he actually walks in his life..
Compassion is something only those that actually FEEL anything beyond one's bubble or the Compassion to get rich, only think of oneself is NOT any where near of what I am speaking about. It's like profiting of these underground folks gain profits doesn't matter..Who profits of their backs?? Yes it's true..denial of such capitalism/corporation/business/family who hires any undocumented ALL profit!! So enjoy your self-centred life!!
Do you have the ability to put yourself in those shoes---meaning the shoes of Americans who have lost their livelihoods to illegal aliens, who have been victimized by illegal aliens and have seen their neighborhoods and schools destroyed by illegal aliens?

Illegal aliens would not be exploited if they didn't come to this country illegally. No one forced the adults to come here.

As you know, in this whole sordid saga, the one I feel bad for is the girl. She was put up to this and raised to fear abandonment by her parents. No decent parent treats their child that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 07:27 PM

31,547 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Do you have the ability to put yourself in those shoes---meaning the shoes of Americans who have lost their livelihoods to illegal aliens, who have been victimized by illegal aliens and have seen their neighborhoods and schools destroyed by illegal aliens?

Illegal aliens would not be exploited if they didn't come to this country illegally. No one forced the adults to come here.

As you know, in this whole sordid saga, the one I feel bad for is the girl. She was put up to this and raised to fear abandonment by her parents. No decent parent treats their child that way.
The pro-illegals like to babble on about the rich and yet it is they that want illegals to remain here to make them richer. What a bizzaro world they live in. Most Americans and especially those that are anti-illegal immigration are not the rich nor do they hire illegal aliens. They are the ones you describe above. They have lost their jobs to illegal aliens, had their wages reduced and are paying taxes through the nose supporting their social costs. They will never feel any compassion for Americans. In their twisted logic illegal aliens are the victims not American citizens and we should allow them to stay even if it means our own demise and committing national suicide. We are even suppose to sacrifice our own families for them. WTH?

Old 09-24-2015, 07:28 PM

31,547 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Quote:
Once again..Doth protest TOO much..inability to feel any sense or ability to put yourselves in those shoes ( you luckily never had to walk in) due to accident of birth in USA ( lucky you )..speaks volumes..and even tho I am not even Catholic..even I can comprehend that Pope Francis preaches what he actually walks in his life..
Compassion is something only those that actually FEEL anything beyond one's bubble or the Compassion to get rich, only think of oneself is NOT any where near of what I am speaking about. It's like profiting of these underground folks gain profits doesn't matter..Who profits of their backs?? Yes it's true..denial of such capitalism/corporation/business/family who hires any undocumented ALL profit!! So enjoy your self-centred life!!
Buh, bye!

Old 09-24-2015, 07:45 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Quote:
ALL of the above posts are proof that HEARTS have been hardened and lack empathy/ compassion for anyone else is alive and well..This attitude also gets promoted with Thug painting as well...

The Pope has no power legislatively what so ever..but for some unknown reason..this thread is packed by the ones who hate those they either don't understand or really do not give a care about anybody else in dire circumstances....I just shake my head sometimes..I found it truly difficult to actually read thru this thread..lbut forced myself to validate what I was actually sensing...I pray for your souls..really..because God and Jesus preached compassion..and yet whomever here is claiming being Christian deny's that..somehow deny's their religion...

This Pope is preaching Hope, encouragement, appreciation of many who walk in the path, and yet gets condemned.. just as that little girl you all claim was a pawn ( conspiracy theory) by her parents...No Compassion on this thread whatsoever!!
NOT our problem. Sorry.

Too; if talking about LatAm, the Catholic Church "owns" it down there so, it's on the Pope on down to help out their own flock. They helped mess it up, they need to fix things. Period.

I find it "odd" when Ireland really started getting its act together late in the 20th Century, that was about the same time the CC really started losing its power.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:47 PM

4,529 posts, read 1,946,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh this is rich from the Washington Post article. These are the words of the 5 year old girl.

My friends and I love each other no matter our skin color. Sophie said her hope is that he can bring change to U.S. immigration laws.

So she brought skin color into it? What does skin color have to do with it? She was trained well by her parents up to and including pulling the skin color card in regards to illegal immigration.
Oh as if it couldn't get any more nauseating. If she's living in LA among other illegal aliens then most likely all of her friends are the same color as her. Are they saying that deporting her family would turn them into racists, and only living in America can teach that racism is wrong?

Old 09-24-2015, 10:02 PM

156 posts, read 111,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; easy there. Most American Catholics are Ok in 2015 and, they ain't drunken breeders like even 100 years ago.

Tho the Pope needs to invite those illegal aliens to HIS house if they mean that much to him.
Packard, you crack me up! "Drunken breeders..." I know you're Irish; this wouldn't be a little reference to your people back then, would it? I'm half Italian; we brought the mafia, so I'm keeping my mouth shut! lol

But seriously, anyone who knows about this topic knows there is a HUGE disparity between the laity and the Church leadership on this issue. This is one of those topics on which Catholics are free to disagree with the Pope and bishops; it's not dogma. It's their opinion. Same as his opinion on climate change, income redistribution.

We are free to disagree and continue to oppose. No need for Americans to fear Catholics on this issue. They reflect the rest of the country in either their support or opposition to amnesty. I'm a lapsed Catholic, but I still keep up with what's going on in the Church, particularly on this issue.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:39 PM

1,826 posts, read 1,153,888 times
Yeah whats with that little girl.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:58 PM

156 posts, read 111,947 times
Quote:
ALL of the above posts are proof that HEARTS have been hardened and lack empathy/ compassion for anyone else is alive and well..This attitude also gets promoted with Thug painting as well...

The Pope has no power legislatively what so ever..but for some unknown reason..this thread is packed by the ones who hate those they either don't understand or really do not give a care about anybody else in dire circumstances....I just shake my head sometimes..I found it truly difficult to actually read thru this thread..lbut forced myself to validate what I was actually sensing...I pray for your souls..really..because God and Jesus preached compassion..and yet whomever here is claiming being Christian deny's that..somehow deny's their religion...

This Pope is preaching Hope, encouragement, appreciation of many who walk in the path, and yet gets condemned.. just as that little girl you all claim was a pawn ( conspiracy theory) by her parents...No Compassion on this thread whatsoever!!
My compassion is targeted towards other Americans (of ALL races and ethnicities) who have had their livelihoods, schools, and communities decimated by unfettered illegal immigration which only benefits the elites in our country and the ones sending their people here so they don't have to make the necessary changes to their system.

We are all tapped out here. We are no longer a "prosperous" nation. We are in debt 10s of trillions of dollars to China and other nations. This debt is being placed on the backs of me as a young American, my future children, and grandchildren. We'll probably never be able to pay it down! We simply cannot afford to be the world's ATM or flophouse any longer. Those days are long gone.

So please don't lecture poor, working class, and middle class Americans who are just hanging on by a thread trying to keep THEIR jobs, pay THEIR mortgages, THEIR kids, and send THEM to school. Save your "compassion" for those whose neighborhoods have been overrun by crime and gangbanging, for those whose kids are now attending overcrowded, subpar schools which have been inundated with people who were never supposed to be here? Why do you think every country I. The world has immigration laws and enforces them?!! Just for something to do?! There are REASONS immigration laws are set up and when they aren't enforced, and anarchy ensures as what we now have, the results to average citizens is disastrous! Your "compassion" is sorely misplaced.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:27 PM

1,017 posts, read 554,439 times
Quote:
Perhaps we should send all the illegals to Canada, eh? Easy to talk when you aren't smack dab in the middle of this mess. With the universal healthcare up there and all the extra space, it would be ideal to relocate our illegal freeloaders. Just be sure you have good social programs in place to take care of them.

All of my relatives are Canadians; Mom from outside Edmonton and Dad from the Ottawa-area. I hold dual citizenship. In speaking with cousins on both coasts (and in Saskatchewan), Canada has nowhere near the illegal problem as the U.S. in fact, Canada strictly enforces its immigration laws. Such a concept.

I just wasted my time responding, but sometimes the hand wringing and judgmental attitude are just too much, especially from those who aren't affected.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:04 AM

1,826 posts, read 1,153,888 times
I believe it was planned by immigration group.

Last edited by owl6969; 09-25-2015 at 12:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or