U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 04:06 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,691,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
From the article:

Cruz said she is an American citizen, but her parents are both undocumented immigrants from Mexico. The family lives in California, and traveled to Washington DC with members of their church as part of an organized advocacy push for immigration reform.

And this also:

"Pope Francis I want to tell you that my heart is sad. And I would like to ask you to speak with the President and the Congress in legalizing my parents because every day I am scared they will take them away from me," Cruz told CBS News.

---------------------------------
The entire article:

Girl gives letter to pope, fears her parents will be deported

----------------------------------

This so manipulative! This particular quote from the article tells it all:

Asked about immigration, she delivered long, seemingly memorized responses about why her parents and other immigrants deserved to stay in the United States.

------------------------------------

If her parents get deported, no one is forcing them to leave their child behind. In fact, if they are decent parents, they will take her with them
The audacity of these people amazes me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 05:33 PM

1,024 posts, read 816,511 times
World's smallest violin playing.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:02 PM

31,496 posts, read 14,573,470 times
More on this staged nonsense.

Immigration group planned girl's pope encounter for a year

"For 5-year-old Sophie, the moment unfolded as perfectly as it was scripted by members of a coalition of Los Angeles-based immigration rights groups. They had been preparing for nearly a year for the young girl from suburban Los Angeles to make a dash for the popemobile to deliver a message about the plight of immigrant parents living in the country illegally".

Old 09-25-2015, 09:54 PM

11,497 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Good find, Oldglory!

It was obvious that the girl was put up to pull this stunt. However, I didn't know it was a year in the making. I love how they refer to the parents as "immigrants", when, in fact, they are illegal aliens.

Then Gutierrez tries to convince everybody that Sophie wrote the letter all by herself:

Gutierrez said Sophie crafted her own letter to the pope and wasn't prompted what to tell reporters who caught up with her later.

"She didn't have anyone coaching her," Gutierrez said. "She just spoke from her heart. It all came from her."

^Sure she did! No 5 year old writes like this:

"I believe I have the right to live with my parents," Sophie told the AP after her moment with the pope. "I have the right to be happy. My dad works very hard in a factory galvanizing pieces of metal. All immigrants just like my dad feed this country. They deserve to live with dignity. They deserve to live with respect."
--------------------------------

That poor girl! As I mentioned before, her parents are despicable. They raised her to believe that she would face abandonment if the parents got deported.

Not only that, but the job her father stole is a job that an unemployed American would be more than glad to have.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:20 PM

4,522 posts, read 1,943,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Good find, Oldglory!

It was obvious that the girl was put up to pull this stunt. However, I didn't know it was a year in the making. I love how they refer to the parents as "immigrants", when, in fact, they are illegal aliens.

Then Gutierrez tries to convince everybody that Sophie wrote the letter all by herself:

Gutierrez said Sophie crafted her own letter to the pope and wasn't prompted what to tell reporters who caught up with her later.

"She didn't have anyone coaching her," Gutierrez said. "She just spoke from her heart. It all came from her."

^Sure she did! No 5 year old writes like this:

"I believe I have the right to live with my parents," Sophie told the AP after her moment with the pope. "I have the right to be happy. My dad works very hard in a factory galvanizing pieces of metal. All immigrants just like my dad feed this country. They deserve to live with dignity. They deserve to live with respect."
--------------------------------

That poor girl! As I mentioned before, her parents are despicable. They raised her to believe that she would face abandonment if the parents got deported.

Not only that, but the job her father stole is a job that an unemployed American would be more than glad to have.
OK now they're just being insulting. What five year-old (whose second language is English and goes to bottom-of-the-barrel LA schools) uses the word galvanized? Also, how does her dad feed the country? Is there some modern miracle of science that we're now able to digest metal for roughage?

I love how they put her in traditional Mexican dress. Make it look like she's from an innocent peasant family that just swum over yesterday.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:32 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,808,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I don't think they "deserve" it specifically, but rather all immigrants deserve to come to this country. As long as they play by the rules.
Why do all immigrants deserve to come to this country?

None of them do.

It is a privilege to be allowed to immigrate here.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Understanding that you are a lapse Catholic albeit still religious I get where you are coming from.

Again, the Pope doesn't consider them criminals and why should he? He gets his authority from a power he considers higher than our Constitution. He considers them the downtrodden, the least amoung us and immigrants looking for a better life. Understanding all that it's HIS JOB to advocate for them.
Just because you're downtrodden doesn't mean you get an automatic pass.

If it did, then we'd have to release most of the dangerous and violent criminals in our prisons because the great majority of them didn't exactly have Ward and June Cleaver as parents.

If Christ doesn't stand for doing the right and fair thing, then we should reject his message.

But of course, he does stand for righteousness and justice.

And the Pope -- by giving this girl and her family a pass -- does not.

There are times when there is no happy solution to a problem.

This is one of those times.

The parents used their own child to advance their cause, and now the child (supposedly) suffers.

If I were the Pope, I would say this to the little girl:

"Your parents sinned by breaking the law of a very generous country that accepts one million legal immigrants a year -- far more than any other country -- by coming to that country illegally.

Then they committed an even greater sin by using you as a pawn to garner sympathy.

Now let me ask you: Since your parents are Mexican, why would it be so terrible for you if you went back to Mexico?

It is where you should have been all along.

If Mexico has problems, the Mexican people (including you and your parents) should work to solve them instead of expecting America to bear that burden.

At any rate, I have no right to tell America what to do.

[Optional]

But I'll tell you what.

Come to my country -- the Vatican -- and invite all your friends.

We will provide for you!

I'll put one of Michelangelo's sculptures on the market.

That should pay for about 100 of you for life."

Old 09-26-2015, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; easy there. Most American Catholics are Ok in 2015 and, they ain't drunken breeders like even 100 years ago.

Tho the Pope needs to invite those illegal aliens to HIS house if they mean that much to him.
I'm tired of "Christians" of all stripes who place lawbreakers above the law abiding.

It is not unfair to insist that those who come here, come here legally.

What IS unfair is selective compassion for illegals, but no compassion for the citizens who have to pay for them either in the form of taxes or in the form of lost jobs, depression of wages, crime, increasing disrespect for the law in general, etc.

What IS unfair is being concerned about the families of illegals being broken up, but no concern for the families of U.S. citizens being broken up when Mommy or Daddy is convicted of a serious crime and sent to prison.

If the Pope said, "Empty the prisons" in addition to "Let the illegals stay," then at least he would be morally consistent --even though wrong.

Christian churches have lost both their sense of morality and fairness, and their willingness to defend Christians against criminals and even Muslim jihadists.

It's beyond pathetic.

Christ must be spinning in his grave.

I suggest that the Pope hurry back to Rome.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
So much for them 'living in the shadows.' This illegal alien traveled from LA to DC to out himself and his kid in a historical televised event. Is this religious theater the type of stuff that plays well in Catholic Latin America? Is this what we want America to become?
I can't decide who paid for this charade.

The Republican (Cheap Labor) National Committee or the Democrat (More voters for Democrats) National Committee.

Maybe it was a joint effort by RNC Chair Rience Priebus and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz - those stellar American moral icons.

And maybe also the "Interfaith Council" for that matter.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
ALL of the above posts are proof that HEARTS have been hardened and lack empathy/ compassion for anyone else is alive and well..This attitude also gets promoted with Thug painting as well...

The Pope has no power legislatively what so ever..but for some unknown reason..this thread is packed by the ones who hate those they either don't understand or really do not give a care about anybody else in dire circumstances....I just shake my head sometimes..I found it truly difficult to actually read thru this thread..lbut forced myself to validate what I was actually sensing...I pray for your souls..really..because God and Jesus preached compassion..and yet whomever here is claiming being Christian deny's that..somehow deny's their religion...

This Pope is preaching Hope, encouragement, appreciation of many who walk in the path, and yet gets condemned.. just as that little girl you all claim was a pawn ( conspiracy theory) by her parents...No Compassion on this thread whatsoever!!
You live in Canada.

We'll send all the illegals your way.

How many are you going to invite to live in your house?

Or are you like my little puppy who leans out the window and barks ferociously at big dogs as we speed by in my Porsche?

Yeah, you're just like my little puppy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or